Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lone Pine, CA (LIVE 28 Jan 2015, multiple expansions, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Museum manager and a couple of staffers greeted me as soon as I plugged in, so did not record peak charge level.
I glanced in and it was 330 ~ miles of rated charge per hour, so it's full strength.
started with almost full charge (85kwh) in OC this morning, topped off at Barstow, cruised up here (55-65 mph) arrived at lone Pine SC with about 75 rated miles to spare.
Going to check out museum, get lunch and head back.
I was as lucky to be able to take day off to sneak up here and try it out for fun.
I'll try pic again.

WELCOME TESLA Owners

Our first owner checked in this morning from Laguna, CA. We look forward to your visit with us at the Museum and in our community. The Museum is open 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM seven days a week. (4:00 PM on Sunday) Clean Restrooms are easy and free to access in our in our lobby - Admission to the Museum is $5.00 per person. Please see http://www.lonepinefilmhistorymuseum.org/Tesla for more information and links to info on Lone Pine, Highway 395, and the "stunning" Eastern Sierra in Inyp County. If any questions, do not hesitate to call the Museum - 760-876-9909

RWS

Tesla Lone Pine Museum #1.jpg
Tesla Site Simulation Bwith car to right.jpg

• Love
Reactions: mtf16
If you squint, the latitude of that teardrop appears to be a little more northerly than Manteca, so it would have to be Lee Vining.
And I believe I can see it west of the blue that has to be Mono Lake - it would appear more to the south of that if it was Mammoth. Of course, we've all learned by now that future SC positions are nominal rather than definite, so until someone finds a permit or someone at Tesla says so, I wouldn't call it conclusive.

Museum manager and a couple of staffers greeted me as soon as I plugged in, so did not record peak charge level.
I glanced in and it was 330 ~ miles of rated charge per hour, so it's full strength.
started with almost full charge (85kwh) in OC this morning, topped off at Barstow, cruised up here (55-65 mph) arrived at lone Pine SC with about 75 rated miles to spare.
Going to check out museum, get lunch and head back.
I was as lucky to be able to take day off to sneak up here and try it out for fun.
I'll try pic again.
What a great way to spend a day off! The air there must be clean and crisp! Thanks for the update.

@treldib

I just charged there today about 4:00pm on my way to Mammoth. Charging was quick from 40 miles at about 6 miles per minute.

Much better than Inyokern where charging was half the normal rate. Called Tesla and they said it was a problem with my battery being hot. Both stations were about 110 degrees today, so I don't think that was the problem. Tesla warned me I might need 2 hours to charge at Lone Pine, but I got up to 200 mile range in about 30 minutes, starting at 40 miles.

By the way, Inyokern is a hellhole!

@treldib

I just charged there today about 4:00pm on my way to Mammoth. Charging was quick from 40 miles at about 6 miles per minute.

Much better than Inyokern where charging was half the normal rate. Called Tesla and they said it was a problem with my battery being hot. Both stations were about 110 degrees today, so I don't think that was the problem. Tesla warned me I might need 2 hours to charge at Lone Pine, but I got up to 200 mile range in about 30 minutes, starting at 40 miles.

By the way, Inyokern is a hellhole!

In the future, watch the amperage rate whenever you hook up. If it doesn't go up to at least 200A, move to another station. I have experienced three instances of a station delivering 70A or less, one at Harris Ranch, one at Fountain Valley, one at Buttonwillow. In all cases, moving to another station has solved the problem. Be sure to call customer service and report the faulty station. They don't have automatic monitoring to detect such faults.

I charged at Inyokern and Lone Pine last Saturday with no problem in 105ºF heat - and while running climate control in the car.