Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manchester, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by on my way home, it looks like they have the insulators on the pole, and the conduit installed. It looks like they need to run the wires down the pole, install a transformer or junction box and install the meter. Hopefully it won't take too much longer.

Attachments

• IMG_20230317_175637780~2.jpg
    IMG_20230317_175637780~2.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20230317_175642004~2.jpg
    IMG_20230317_175642004~2.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20230317_175645624.jpg
    IMG_20230317_175645624.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 44
I am a frequent gate jumper on springer rd Hooksett. Sometimes I'll wait a as long as 20 - 30 minutes until someone opens the gate. When I purchased my MY3 in 2018 I lived in a house and installed a charger. Since moving in 21 it's been a nightmare. Had some luck at the mall (electrify america) or Whole Foods (EvGo) but those options have been much harder in the last 9 months as EV sales of all types have soared. Was so excited to see this new install but like waiting on the latest download just seems to take forever. If anyone has the code please do share.

Reactions: Fiver
I will be around this WE. Manchester seems to be a critical area for EV charging infrastructure. I never got to something like that when travelling around US. 2019 Model 3 here (no CCS retrofit), got CHAdeMO on other hand. Yet, the low liability / availability of chargers scare me. Bedford EvGo (seems off) and EA (only one ChaDeMo). Are we better to take our ICE car ? ...or else if someone shares the gate entry code. Can we exit through these gates without code ?

I will be around this WE. Manchester seems to be a critical area for EV charging infrastructure. I never got to something like that when travelling around US. 2019 Model 3 here (no CCS retrofit), got CHAdeMO on other hand. Yet, the low liability / availability of chargers scare me. Bedford EvGo (seems off) and EA (only one ChaDeMo). Are we better to take our ICE car ? ...or else if someone shares the gate entry code. Can we exit through these gates without code ?
I don't think you can enter or exit thru the gates without a code. That would mess with the toll booths on the road. I haven't had a big issue traveling thru NH just using Superchargers but I would check the tesla.com/findus map or maybe use A Better Route Planner to plan some of your travels to see how it will go if you are concerned.

Reactions: kayak1
I don't think you can enter or exit thru the gates without a code. That would mess with the toll booths on the road. I haven't had a big issue traveling thru NH just using Superchargers but I would check the tesla.com/findus map or maybe use A Better Route Planner to plan some of your travels to see how it will go if you are concerned.
Thanks for your answer. I'm going to do multiple short inbound distances for few days. I usually need some quick boost mid trip. Well, i will manage it with good old Level 2 chargers. The Manchester Supercharger will make life easier for locals dealing with Hooksett. Hope the wait won't be too long for you guys!

that is why the gate has a code so people don’t avoid the toll. Sadly I’m not trying to avoid the toll, I always pay it on the way out south back to Manchester. I was low today, EvGo at whole foods has been dead for more than a week, and my 2018 M3 doesn’t have CCS as an option. I purchased a ChadeMo adapter for $240 when I moved out of my house in 2021, but as stated there is only 1 ChadMo at the mall with a CCS on the other side of it. Almost always occupied in the last 4 months. I took springer rd today, sat in the public parking outside the gate for about 14 min before someone opened the gate with a code to leave. I just scooted through, charged to 95% and headed back down through the toll home. Interestingly while I was charging a NH Statie sped along the back of the rest area and parked facing the gate. Not sure if he was doing paperwork or looking for gate jumpers. Until south willow opens having a Tesla has become increasingly a pain in the ass. Thought about selling but I bought a piece of land and plan to build a Net Zero house. I would not recommend an EV if you live in apartment, Range Anxiety sucks.

This seems like a relatively benign case of jumping the gate but yeah I wouldn't be too surprised to actually be cited if they caught you. Are people aware you can, with some difficulty, charge on the northbound side without going thru a gate? The Superchargers on that side are up against a guardrail and there is a road near a gravel pit and a flat bit of grass and, on occasion, I have seen people backed up at just the right angle, pulling the charging cable across the guardrail to charge.