Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Melbourne (Box Hill), Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still blows my mind that this is 8.7km away from the Camberwell Supercharger. And too far away from the Eastern Freeway and Monash Freeway to be convenient. I really don’t understand it.
Yeah it’s an odd location. In addition to the above points, Middleborough Rd is horribly congested most of the week. It wasn’t designed to take the amount of traffic that has resulted from all the big superstores opening up along there. The Bunnings next door to this new supercharger site is the closest one to our house, but we usually avoid it and go to the one two suburbs away, just because of the traffic.

Definitely 12 stalls: 8 along the Middleborough Rd side and 4 around the corner, including one designed for driving in forwards.
PXL_20221218_061415824.jpg
PXL_20221218_061359742.jpg

Yeah it’s an odd location. In addition to the above points, Middleborough Rd is horribly congested most of the week. It wasn’t designed to take the amount of traffic that has resulted from all the big superstores opening up along there. The Bunnings next door to this new supercharger site is the closest one to our house, but we usually avoid it and go to the one two suburbs away, just because of the traffic.
I don't think that this is intended to be a transport-based Supercharger. There are a lot of apartment blocks and rental units that don't necessarily have access to any sort of power where vehicles are parked around here. This station allows several suburbs worth of people to buy a Tesla that otherwise would have struggled.

I suspect this site (much like other suburban sites in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney) will have high usage..

Cann River should be sufficient for now, but will also be supplemented by Bairnsdale. And should be enough to get you to Bega.

-

So hopefully we see both Box Hill and Wollongong (which has seemingly had its grid connection completed) open this year.

I don't think that this is intended to be a transport-based Supercharger. There are a lot of apartment blocks and rental units that don't necessarily have access to any sort of power where vehicles are parked around here. This station allows several suburbs worth of people to buy a Tesla that otherwise would have struggled.

Even as an EV supporter, I'd recomend those people buy an efficient hybrid rather than an EV for the time being.

Yeah this does seem like a bit of an odd spot to put so many, maybe they do have the apartment dwellers of Box Hill in mind.
It looks like there is a lot of parking there but I'd put money on it being ICE'd regularly with a Repco right next to the charging parks.

I popped in today, none of the stalls ICE'd as they're located far away from the main lot of shops in the mall but as noted close to Repco.

I tried to charge just for the sake of it but I got an orange light during the handshake process.