Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Melbourne (Hawthorn East), Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks @leonk!

740-742 Toorak Rd, Hawthorn East VIC 3123, Australia

1701390543796.png

Reactions: leonk
You'd think there was a wall stopping people crossing to the other side.
I am surprised to see this site given Camberwell, Richmond and South Yarra are so close. I guess the other sites have issues though -
Camberwell, not open 24 hrs
South Yarra, paid parking $15 minimum after hours
Richmond, always busy and apparently can't be expanded

This site is open 24 hours, parking is free and it's the closest to the Monash. The carpark is easier than many to navigate and there's (at least physical) room to add more stalls if required. It will be great to have there if ever caught low on charge before getting on the freeway.

Although apart from Moone Ponds nothing from Euroa, Ballarat, Bendigo or even Geelong coming in unless you cross the city
Exactly. And when leaving (even more so).

You drive to Melbourne, stay in a hotel (most likely with zero charging capability), and then need to top up (maybe over breakfast) before heading back out via Euroa, Ballarat, Bendigo or Geelong. It's not just about apartment dwellers.

You drive to Melbourne, stay in a hotel (most likely with zero charging capability), and then need to top up (maybe over breakfast) before heading back out via Euroa, Ballarat, Bendigo or Geelong. It's not just about apartment dwellers.
Last time I did that heading back up the Hume, I stopped at Moonee Ponds - it didn't seem too far off the route, although the navigation took me out of Melbourne via Pasco Vale Rd rather than the CityLink and the ring road for some reason - traffic, I guess.

I am surprised to see this site given Camberwell, Richmond and South Yarra are so close. I guess the other sites have issues though -
Camberwell, not open 24 hrs
South Yarra, paid parking $15 minimum after hours
Richmond, always busy and apparently can't be expanded

This site is open 24 hours, parking is free and it's the closest to the Monash. The carpark is easier than many to navigate and there's (at least physical) room to add more stalls if required. It will be great to have there if ever caught low on charge before getting on the freeway.

And all of those areas consist mostly of single dwelling homes with off street parking. Also large geographical area that hasn't been factored in on the inner east map, eg, combine all the inner east over same area, and you will have many more.

Exactly. South Yarra and Richmond are apartment central compared to Wyndham, I think @Zoltrix77 has nailed it.

The paid parking situation at the South Yarra location is a massive own goal from Tesla, but I didn't realise it was that high @GeoQuack !!! Since it's opened I've driven in the area (various times of day) and have see the South Yarra location always showing 6 available, and a queue at the Richmond location. But I don't really know what Tesla can do about it, they just chose a poor implementation for the South Yarra super charger!

The South East locations seem to be doing well, I always see bays in use at the Brighton and St Kilda locations, although Richmond is by far the busiest.