Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing on the roof (falcon wing doors and all that), but I had a full load of passengers, was sporting winter tires, and ran the heater the entire way. There was also heavy precipitation and wind. I wasn't exactly light on the accelerator. Left Kirkland at 100%, arrived at the top with 38%.

For the occasions when both L2 chargers are occupied at Steven's Pass, I carry a CHAdeMO adapter to get some juice at Sultan or Skykomish. At Steven's Pass there are 120v sockets on the back of the two chargers that you can trickle off. 5kWh might make the difference between needing to quick charge on the way back or not.

38% is plenty to get back down the Kirkland unless the battery gets cold soaked at the pass for a day. Precip will definitely increase drag and hurt your range. I've seen that drop mine 10% over what EV Trip Planner estimates on long trips. No precip and that site is dead on.

0329171124a.jpg
0329171124a.jpg
Checked the construction progress about 11:15AM. The worker I talked to yesterday must have been a landscaper as I can find no utility transformer. There is still paving to do and there are no power cables in the pedestals. Not raining near as hard today so got a couple more photos.

Attachments

• 0329171124b.jpg
    0329171124b.jpg
    558.6 KB · Views: 79
I was trying to figure where these were... For the life of me, I could not. Might be helpful to others to post a picture to plugshare if you get a chance next time ;).

My snowboarding days are over, I'm pretty sure I got a concussion and broken rib from my hard falls. One less Tesla to worry about at this charger!
There are pictures of the Stevens Pass chargers on Plugshare already. They are literally right next to the main entrance to the area and are fastened to an old chairlift.

Attachments

• 34833.jpg
    34833.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Informative
Reactions: ferdboyce
Monroe, WA

Interstates: None
US Numbered Highways: US-2(W)

US-2(W):
To: Duluth, MN - 1680 miles
Diversion: 0.5 miles (staying on route 2)
To: End (St. Ignace, MI) - 2100 miles

To: Ellensburg, WA (WA-522, I-405, I-90) - 127 miles
To: Centralia, WA (WA-522, I-405, I-5) - 110 miles
To: Aberdeen, WA (WA-522, I-405, I-5, US-101, WA-8, US-12) - 135 miles
To: Burlington, WA (US-2, I-5) - 53.5 miles

A Supercharger to get to special tourist destinations, I think.

Reactions: BerTX
A Supercharger to enable an alternate cross state route. By adding a SC in E. Wenatchee and Davenport.

Snoqualmie Pass has frequent closures due to avalanches and avalanche control as does Stevens Pass but they are rarely closed at the same time. Also there are several hours in the A.M. that it will take :50 minutes or more to get from Woodinville to I-90, a distance of 13 miles, or in either direction in the afternoon (ask how I know this).

So:
Monroe SC to E. Wenatchee Fred Meyer Via US-2 110.6 miles.
E. Wenatchee to Davenport Via US-2 126.6 miles.
Davenport to Couer d'Alene SC. via US-2 and I-90 66.6 miles.

A Supercharger to enable an alternate cross state route. By adding a SC in E. Wenatchee and Davenport.

I agree with Wenatchee, but Davenport isn't far enough from I-90. Wenatchee to Ritzville is only 115 mostly flat miles.

Here's mine:
Burlington to Newhalem: 60 miles, /very/ hilly
Newhalem to Winthrop: 74 miles, also very hilly
Winthrop to Grand Coulee Dam: 98 miles.
Grand Coulee to Coeur d'Alene: 118 miles.

Wenatchee to Grand Coulee is 92 miles.
Wenatchee to Winthrop is 95 fairly hilly miles.
Ellensburg to Wenatchee is 73 miles.

Newhalem, Winthrop and Grand Coulee can all be very small, maybe just 2 or 4 charge heads. Wenatchee needs to be bigger than that....and Ellensburg needs to be at least 8.

-Snortybartfast

Very happy about Monroe location as I live in east Wenatchee and make frequent trips to Seattle. This will make that trek just great!!! Looking forward to charging at Fred Meyers here in east Wenatchee when that becomes available, too! Go Tesla Superchargers!!!

Reactions: IdaX
Very happy about Monroe location as I live in east Wenatchee and make frequent trips to Seattle. This will make that trek just great!!! Looking forward to charging at Fred Meyers here in east Wenatchee when that becomes available, too! Go Tesla Superchargers!!!

Do you have any information about a supercharger going in at that East Wenatchee Fred Meyer location? I figured it was a likely location but hadn't heard anything concrete.

Do you have any information about a supercharger going in at that East Wenatchee Fred Meyer location? I figured it was a likely location but hadn't heard anything concrete.
Unfortunately I am only reflecting comments from others. I'll see if I can visit with management here in east Wenatchee at Fred Meyers to see if they know anything. Am pleased with Superchargers "expansion" for sure!