Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, here is the official press release for tomorrow:

Also see the correction post I did right below, although the press release says 9:00AM it has been moved back to 10:00AM

Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 11.35.34 AM.png

Last edited:
Really need that Supercharger in St.Louis...Could make the trip from my home to Chicago in probably 10 hours with the SC in Normal and one in STL.
Does the STL Service Center have a HPWC? If so, depending upon exactly when you hit St. Louis, they might let you use their HPWC for a couple hours (assuming they are open) until you have enough juice to get to either the SC or home.

Just a thought...

Edit: Also, there are several restaurants w/in walking distance of the Service Center: Chevy's (Mexican), Nobu's (Japanese), plus numerous Vietnamese and Chinese spots right around there.

Last edited:
Tesla stores and service centers in the supercharging deserts should have 24/7 charging option for Tesla, nothing too expensive but functional. These places are in cities and it would be infinitely helpful for visitors, tesla store oakbrook was awesome in accommodating me.
Normal superchargers is exciting.

Does the STL Service Center have a HPWC? If so, depending upon exactly when you hit St. Louis, they might let you use their HPWC for a couple hours (assuming they are open) until you have enough juice to get to either the SC or home.

Just a thought...

Edit: Also, there are several restaurants w/in walking distance of the Service Center: Chevy's (Mexican), Nobu's (Japanese), plus numerous Vietnamese and Chinese spots right around there.
They do not, yet. Just a NEMA 14-50 as of a conversation with them last week.

Great meeting everyone!
Thanks for the hospitality ... enjoyed meeting you Flasherz;
One thing I do find a tad misleading ... the tweet ... are they really trying to say you can now make it from Chicago to Indianapolis? Via Normal?
See some of you again at TESLIVE.

Here are a few pics from today's event.

All lined up and waiting our turn!
IMG_2338.jpg

An overwhelming number of non reds!
IMG_2357.JPG

Me!
IMG_2360.JPG

FlasherZ getting his charge on!
IMG_2371.JPG

Finally my turn!
IMG_3956.JPG

These chargers are still 90, not yet 120. Still, for someone who has only ever seen 28 miles/hour at home, 134 miles/hours is quite a sight! Can't wait for the upgrade.
IMG_3963.PNG

Here are my photos from the ribbon cutting event:

Ribbon Cutting Event Photos

I decided to charge after the group lunch to have them all to myself. After I watched the first 10 minutes of charging, I went to the restroom one more time and took photos of the J1772 EVSEs, and CHAdeMO charger in the garage so that I could also post those to Plugshare. When I returned to my car there were a couple of ISU grad students who had come to the Superchargers to see them and they were looking at my car, I gave them an inside tour and spent 15 minutes of quality TeslaTime.

Here are the detail photos of the Superchargers in Normal, IL:

Detail photos of the Normal, IL Superchargers

Cheers,
David