Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Novato, CA (LIVE 28 Mar 2020, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Visited site today, didn't look much different from a couple weeks ago. However:

I saw several trucks and vehicles digging a trench alongside the frontage road (behind mall) from Rowland Blvd. towards the site location. None of the trucks identified as PG&E, but they often use contractors for road construction. Since the only missing piece is the connection to the grid, this may be a positive sign of progress.

Weird thing about this location is that it doesn't show up on any of Tesla's SC maps as a current or future location, but it's obviously there! I've seen it with my own eyes!

I've only seen it on supercharger.info.

Even more odd: The Tesla official SC map doesn't show Novato but shows Marin City location as coming soon. I was there last week, and they haven't started on the cabinets yet. Novato is way further along at this point.

Reactions: goldengate
Is there anything that suggests this - Novato - is or isn't a V3 location?
Yes, we know for a fact that it is not V3. It's a traditional 150 kW supercharger. Picture in Post #54 shows the old style supercharger cabinets and the traditional style charging posts have been in for much longer so there are lots of pictures of those showing it's not an urban style supercharger.

• Informative
Reactions: woodisgood
IMG_3830.jpg

Everything seems ready to go, but not yet energized

View attachment 500056

Everything seems ready to go, but not yet energized

I stopped by last week & spoke to the contractor’s foreman as they were cleaning up for the day. He said they had just completed laying the whole conduit for PG&E, backfilling & repacking the trench, now just waiting for PG&E to pull the cable, which he guessed would be done in a week or two (from that day last week). So probably imminent.

I stopped by last week & spoke to the contractor’s foreman as they were cleaning up for the day. He said they had just completed laying the whole conduit for PG&E, backfilling & repacking the trench, now just waiting for PG&E to pull the cable, which he guessed would be done in a week or two (from that day last week). So probably imminent.
Hey are you the Les Mann who did home inspections back in the 90s? Hi!!
I stopped by today and major work going on with a drilling rig. I didn’t talk to them but i assume they’re are just getting the new cable from the street to the transformer? Here’s a photo. I didn’t want to get too close.
0AEE8715-FB1F-4AE4-A4B4-5A0B0F12A0D6.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9
Hey are you the Les Mann who did home inspections back in the 90s? Hi!!
I stopped by today and major work going on with a drilling rig. I didn’t talk to them but i assume they’re are just getting the new cable from the street to the transformer? Here’s a photo. I didn’t want to get too close. View attachment 500101
Yep, I’m that Les Mann. Bought a P85 Model S in 2013, and a Model 3 in 2018. The 3 is my daily driver, the S is the wife’s. What astonishing vehicles!

Wife has also reserved a C’truck.

• Love
Reactions: goldengate
I was there today too but didn’t realize that’s a Tesla installation truck! Btw, thought it was interesting there are two more Supercharger stalls located right behind where your last pic was taken, across the lane from the main bank of chargers.

I was there today too but didn’t realize that’s a Tesla installation truck! Btw, thought it was interesting there are two more Supercharger stalls located right behind where your last pic was taken, across the lane from the main bank of chargers.
I know one of those chargers off to the side is for Handicapped parking. Looks like a pretty good SC with lots of stalls, when it opens!