Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ontario, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had issues with the app not showing certain chargers too and the website working fine. I've looked over settings countless times, uninstalled and reinstalled, and have written off the app by this point. Even on the mobile device now I just use the website.

Went by last night, no change. still yellow -taped, needing cement around the base of the charger stalls and the stops/bumpers still need installed. Might add a photo later tonight.
Thanks for the update, @RocketMan88. Did you happen to see a new transformer nearby? The only one I can see in the pictures posted is across the aisle near the Jolts & Juice. It looks fairly large, but I can't tell if it is a new one, possibly for the SC, or an older one supplying the nearby businesses.

Here at the charger now. Still taped off but it looks like all the electrical cabinets are done and locked.

Attachments

• BCF3FA27-8B83-4394-8BB0-12B6E2CFCD20.jpeg
    BCF3FA27-8B83-4394-8BB0-12B6E2CFCD20.jpeg
    758.5 KB · Views: 93
  • D7337CF9-0330-41E2-8CC2-D6B79EF4490D.jpeg
    D7337CF9-0330-41E2-8CC2-D6B79EF4490D.jpeg
    691.9 KB · Views: 104
  • AC42C767-DEF0-405E-A843-4F4D16ABB989.jpeg
    AC42C767-DEF0-405E-A843-4F4D16ABB989.jpeg
    389.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 61572667-0098-4654-BE45-0A94E9CCB286.jpeg
    61572667-0098-4654-BE45-0A94E9CCB286.jpeg
    587.9 KB · Views: 89
That is ... um ... some weird placement of the stalls. What's with the one on the end that juts out for no reason? Obv parking lines don't fit either...
You can see where they're going to re-stripe the parking lines. There are short chalk marks on the ground coming out from the middle of the pedestals. I would bet that last one is the way it is because of the parking stall on the other side of it and if they put it in line with the others that stall would be too short. You can see that the island ends just before that one. So they made up the missing space on the near side.

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian and IdaX
The Tesla site shows a "coming soon" in Mountain Home, Idaho, too. Is there any chance that they've got one built there, too, but that it's been missed somehow?
Still not built. Could possibly be in the works behind the scenes like getting permits started. No info apart from that though. And from my understanding it is pretty rare to have one built without someone catching it before it gets finished. Possible, but not super likely.

Sometimes when under construction stations seem to go dark in terms of progress there is actually some activity happening on the building permit (the record will show inspections happening, new documents being added to the record, or other activity).

Anyways I checked Ontario just now and it has in fact gone totally dark. The permit page shows no activity of any kind since June 2nd. And it has 2 inspections pending from January still.

Still not built. Could possibly be in the works behind the scenes like getting permits started. No info apart from that though. And from my understanding it is pretty rare to have one built without someone catching it before it gets finished. Possible, but not super likely.
I don’t think this one is in the works at all yet. No permits, no nothing. They likely haven’t found a site yet to partner with. I don’t think they have a lot of options, you’ve basically got all that stuff there by the Pilot and Walmart exit, and the other one just has that Chevron and Burger King. If none of those places has reached out to Tesla about hosting one then I don’t think they’re going to prioritize trying to make this one happen since it’s only 128 miles from Boise to Twin Falls. Even in a 60D X in the winter this isn’t hard to make.

We saw the Tesla mobile service tech at our Bend, Supercharger and asked him if he knew the Ontario status. He told us the station is complete and should show up on our maps within 2 weeks. The information was second hand from a friend of his that works on Superchargers. This conversation was July 21.

that'd be great. Today, I actually emailed the person who has been doing their permit if she had any inside info on when/if it was complete and all she said was:

"No I do not know what the contractors timeline is for their project. It is up to the contractor to complete his project and call in for inspections.

Thank you,

Malheur County Building Dept"

so not very helpful.

• Helpful
Reactions: RobertSeattle