Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ontario, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's always funny to me - the comments about how Tesla should prioritize building locations.
I just always thought that if I plan to build at "A" (my 1st choice), but there are stumbling blocks getting it going. I would probably jump to "B", which will be done in the meantime. And then live with the decision's criticism that I made a bad choice..

April 17. Seems so close yet so far. Probably a couple weeks away yet. Or days. It’s strange how fast or slow these get up and running.

Attachments

• 1BFEF56E-0796-40DE-BF2B-50A61AC56D18.jpeg
    1BFEF56E-0796-40DE-BF2B-50A61AC56D18.jpeg
    472.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 80D56A5B-9657-4A32-934A-1E0EDF51C35B.jpeg
    80D56A5B-9657-4A32-934A-1E0EDF51C35B.jpeg
    463.6 KB · Views: 156
I wonder if they will be restriping -- the stripes seem a little off compared with other SCs (at least on the far side from the last picture). Also, I thought I saw that the landscaping between the chargers is not completed; I would imagine they would want to complete that before things are energized, in case there is an accident during landscaping that happens to damage/dislodge/knock-over one of the uprights.

A hearty second to that! In the meantime, this will be my strategy for east-west via Burns:
Bend SC to Harney County Chamber of Commerce (reliable L2)= 132 mi
Harney County Chamber of Commerce to Ontario Walmart= 131 mi
The only problem is coordinating my meal break with the other folks using the same plan;). I do like Burns, and it's great to have an alternative to I-84. So far I haven't come across anyone else at the L2, but I'm not a frequent visitor.

Anyone have a ChadeMo adapter that I could rent/borrow for the week of 6/22 - 6/25? I'm headed up to La Grande/Island City and staying in La Grande. I'm aware of the superchargers in Baker City and Pendleton, but my schedule is not going to allow me to drive 45-50 miles in either direction for along amount of time. There is a DC Fast charger at the Wal-mart in Island City, but it requires CCS or ChadeMo.

Anyone have a ChadeMo adapter that I could rent/borrow for the week of 6/22 - 6/25? I'm headed up to La Grande/Island City and staying in La Grande. I'm aware of the superchargers in Baker City and Pendleton, but my schedule is not going to allow me to drive 45-50 miles in either direction for along amount of time. There is a DC Fast charger at the Wal-mart in Island City, but it requires CCS or ChadeMo.
Sure, you can borrow mine. I live in Boise. Send me a message on here, and we can get in touch.

There also is L2 charging at Eastern Oregon University in La Grande, if you have a NEMA 14-50 adapter... PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Costs $2 for a parking permit.