Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pasadena, CA (LIVE 26 Nov 2019, 24 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Progress has started on re-digging the hole.
IMG_2209.jpegIMG_2208.jpeg

I think the hole reached the final depth today. I watched them lower the second trench holdback in. A couple trucks just unloaded some gravel too, quite a bit. It must be going in the hole, but there's no way they put a transformer in that hole without it being on concrete. Tesla guys pulling what looks like Ethernet cable along the charger cable track.

IMG_20191025_150646.jpg IMG_20191025_141639.jpg IMG_20191025_140919.jpg

Say hello to my little friend Mr. Grove Crane. Mr. GC is going to have a date very shortly with a pair of very large, off site manufactured, underground concrete electrical vaults ! I think you all know how this long anticipated date is going to end. ;)

So yeah, color me totally stupid. They did end up digging out a bit more of the remaining dirt to even out the bottom of the hole. And then the gravel did go in, this was all after I left yesterday. So all the hand wringing and sleepless nights worrying about how long it might take to "construct" an underground structure in the hole was all for naught. Just drop in a couple very large pre-built electrical vaults and bingo, we will suddenly be a couple weeks away from our Tesla charging party. Thats why I just sit at a keyboard all day and type in random gibberish for a living, versus doing something that requires actual intellectual activity like construction engineering.

And to answer the obvious next question on everyone's lips, Yes, I will be live streaming this all in glorious 8k video over the SpaceX Starlink satellite network. Any time a crane this large is involved, something very good is bound to happen.

RT

IMG_20191026_074245.jpg

The second picture seems to show the middle seam having female ends abutting. Notice the male end on the near side of the one being lowered. I was going to say something, but surely they must know what they are doing, right?

RT

So the two large concrete pieces are now in their respective holes. No sign of the large black pieces on the other truck. Also, one of the large white Tesla cabinets has found its way into the Tesla charging area on the roof. It is not yet placed above where the conduit feeds in, though that may very well be where it goes.

RT

• Informative
Reactions: Troy916
A few pictures from today, dirt moving is going on, I think they are starting to fill in around the vaults. Tough to tell

Attachments

• 4E75BEC3-5A3C-48E5-B720-151103BDD5BF.jpeg
    4E75BEC3-5A3C-48E5-B720-151103BDD5BF.jpeg
    434.8 KB · Views: 71
  • A7C0D2C5-4D2C-48B3-A314-DB763E532666.jpeg
    A7C0D2C5-4D2C-48B3-A314-DB763E532666.jpeg
    688.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 4A06CC34-05D9-48C9-8525-1292AED1A124.jpeg
    4A06CC34-05D9-48C9-8525-1292AED1A124.jpeg
    1,004.6 KB · Views: 80
When I drove by this morning they had a dump truck pulled up getting ready to presumably start removing more dirt from the site. Its hard to see from my roof picture from yesterday but the surrounding area contains so much dirt from the hole that its very hard to maneuver anything around. Obviously the plywood sheets in place allow for much better access. I did peek in from the street (Marengo) last night and didn't see anything happening in the concrete enclosures just yet. I'll stop by tonight on my way home and see what else is going on.

The green Ethernet like cables that I thought were for communication look more like grounding cables. They are attached in various places to the conduit box runs with screws. The two handicapped spaces now have their two post parking stops in place like the other spaces.

RT