Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My father in law is heading to the valley and just stopped at the subway about thirty minutes ago. He reported that the superchargers were working he thought. He said the gates were down now, but he didn't say if they were lit up or anything. He still has a flip phone so no pictures. They could just be done installing and not on yet, I'm not sure and he wasn't sure.

Anyone going to be in the area soon?

Reactions: ThisIsTrue
My father in law is heading to the valley and just stopped at the subway about thirty minutes ago. He reported that the superchargers were working he thought. He said the gates were down now, but he didn't say if they were lit up or anything. He still has a flip phone so no pictures. They could just be done installing and not on yet, I'm not sure and he wasn't sure.

Anyone going to be in the area soon?
OK, you got us salivating but still not sure desert is ready!!

Well, as of yesterday, there still wasn't an installed utility transformer at the site. So, I'll go out on a well-engineered, sturdy, thoroughly built, and structurally supported platform placed on top of the proverbial limb, and will guarantee you that it definitely isn't live yet. The fencing may have come down and the site could pretty much look like a finished supercharger site from a superficial inspection. But the power isn't on yet.

• Funny
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
It has to be close if not on powered up already. Looking up the address on APS construction corner shows:

Screenshot_20181219-110617.png

I see some of the chargers are 30 minute general parking. I wish that stations weren't like this. It leads to confusion with law enforcement and the public in general when sometimes they can park and sometimes they aren't allowed.
I’m sure tesla has to allocate some of the spots to general parking, pretty common in most SC locations. This location won’t have that issue as there is tons of parking for others. I’m sure this one will fill up quick on weekends!

I talked to an electrician this afternoon and he told me that January 3rd was the scheduled opening date. Tesla has to do their inspection and certification and with the holidays so close I think that that might be a realistic date. I will be there next Thursday and will post what I find. At any rate it seems we are only a couple of weeks away and maybe sooner.

• Informative
Reactions: otter and tmoz
My dad stopped by yesterday as well and he said the guy on site said January 3rd is the date that it will hopefully open.

today is Christmas eve day. I stopped in yesterday (sunday) and still no juice.

Jan 3 sounds about right. waiting for an inspection no doubt. City of Payson moves very slow.

All the locals in their pick-em up trucks will wonder what a Tesla is while they park there and eat their subway sandwich.

:)

Reactions: JamesBond
My dad stopped by yesterday as well and he said the guy on site said January 3rd is the date that it will hopefully open.

today is Christmas eve day. I stopped in yesterday (sunday) and still no juice.

Jan 3 sounds about right. waiting for an inspection no doubt. City of Payson moves very slow.

All the locals in their pick-em up trucks will wonder what a Tesla is while they park there and eat their subway sandwich.

:)