Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been multiple posts about going from the Phoenix area to the Holbrook supercharger, many of them in this thread!

Is your cabin in Heber? Are you starting with a full charge at the Scottsdale supercharger? You didn't really provide enough information.

Hi. I can charge up for the ride home at my cabin in Heber. I'm worried about getting straight there without visiting Holbrook. I would leave PHX with a full charge. I rate about 200 miles full charge and mileage from my house to the cabin is about 140 but I'm worried about the approximate 6,000 mile gain. Joyfully, the station in Payson will make this a mute point but until then looking for real life experience.

Hi. I can charge up for the ride home at my cabin in Heber. I'm worried about getting straight there without visiting Holbrook. I would leave PHX with a full charge. I rate about 200 miles full charge and mileage from my house to the cabin is about 140 but I'm worried about the approximate 6,000 mile gain. Joyfully, the station in Payson will make this a mute point but until then looking for real life experience.

So my experience isn't with an S70 but rather an X75D which is rated for I think only three more miles than yours. I use 78% of my battery from my house in East Mesa to Heber. I've attached the Tesla I drive data of the last time I made the trip. I wouldn't have a problem taking an S70 I don't think.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181028-183700~2.png
    Screenshot_20181028-183700~2.png
    753.7 KB · Views: 88
The elevation is a killer and the 70 is a small battery. I think you're going to have real trouble on the way up. Should be no problem at all in the other direction though. You might want to stop somewhere on the east side of PHX metro to charge to 100% before going. Then drive slow, don't use the HVAC and keep the suspension set to LOW. If it's really cold or if there's any precip, you probably aren't going to make it.

It might be wiser to try topping off in Payson. I'm sure there's something available. Take a look at Plugshare.

Depending on your starting point, there's a very good chance you'll either arrive to Heber on fumes (ehh...whatever battery equivalent to that would be) or won't make it. My X P90D can go from Ahwatukee to my cabin in Forest Lakes and makes it there with 12-20 miles remaining. Average speed between 70-75 all the way up. Perhaps if you drive slower.

The good news is after Forest Lakes, you're coming down off the rim (no more elevation increase)...you might be fine.

Payson Supercharger solves all worries.

The elevation is a killer and the 70 is a small battery. I think you're going to have real trouble on the way up. Should be no problem at all in the other direction though. You might want to stop somewhere on the east side of PHX metro to charge to 100% before going. Then drive slow, don't use the HVAC and keep the suspension set to LOW. If it's really cold or if there's any precip, you probably aren't going to make it.

It might be wiser to try topping off in Payson. I'm sure there's something available. Take a look at Plugshare.
Thanks for the real world experience. I think I'll hold off until Payson station is done or check into the 3rd party charger options in Payson.

You also said previously that they had broken ground. Which is it?
I think he said that he "heard" that they broke ground. Seems like nothing is broken yet..
Would be interesting to know who put up the fences. Hopefully someone will start digging soon. Maybe someone from TMC Forums is playing a joke on us - put up some fencing in areas that we are desperately waiting for a SC, just to get us all excited.

[Joke] When I was up there last, I saw a crew across the street and slipped them some cash to cut that one tiny square out so we could get a "construction" cone on the map. [/joke]

All joking aside, any idea why they would do such a small amount of work? Checking thickness or health to decide on trenching or complete pavement replacement?