Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pigeon Forge, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that's the green utility transformer in the pic, then yes - should be up very soon. The orange trucks - utility company? Not the people who were there when I reported.
The orange trucks were from some electric company, not utility company. As I left, they were setting up a shade structure by the green box, my guess to connect something and make them live. Sadly I had to leave before they finished, barely made it to the next charger, had to spend some L2 time in Cherokee to get enough.

The orange trucks were from some electric company, not utility company. As I left, they were setting up a shade structure by the green box, my guess to connect something and make them live. Sadly I had to leave before they finished, barely made it to the next charger, had to spend some L2 time in Cherokee to get enough.
Fortunately REI is right across the parking lot with several destination chargers and it's free. Was a good spot to L2 charge. Another is in the LARGE empty parking lot across Teaster Lane (on the hill) from the LaConte center. Currently building a hotel there and there are a slew (12?) of Chargepoint that give about 25-30 mph (you pay for those). Nice to have options. Watched Netflix while charging. Found other Chargepoints around town but most only provided 3-4 mph and you also pay and share.

I skimmed through the thread and didn't see these stated in plain text, so for the record the address is:

153 E Wears Valley Rd
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863, USA

and the Plugshare link: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Since the utility transformer is in place, visitors to this site should now look for the utility meter, indicating that it has passed final inspection by utility/AHJ and power has been turned on. After that, only the final Tesla tech visit is needed to activate these.

I was up there this weekend. The Pigeon Forge superchargers are almost ready. 8 of the 12 stalls were lit up and powered on. The two cabinets had their fans running and all of the pedestals also had their fans running. I plugged in of course! But only had it get to “starting to charge” and never went green. More than likely it’s because they are not active on the network yet. Pedestals 8-12 were not powered on (neither was their cabinet), so sounds like just a little bit more work and they're ready. Here's some photos and a quick silly video I made while I was there Saturday.

Youtube links:
and

Attachments

• IMG_4031.jpeg
    IMG_4031.jpeg
    555.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_4030.jpeg
    IMG_4030.jpeg
    639 KB · Views: 102
HECK YEAH!!!! This will relieve some of the traffic on the Knoxville supercharger for sure. We live in Chattanooga, and have to stop in Knoxville to top-off to make it home after a Pigeon Forge Trip and there is ALWAYS a wait in Knoxville.

With this one active now, our next trip up we can casually swing by these before heading home. Fantastic! Thanks for letting us know they are working @Bakerr6 ! Are they showing up as active on the trip planner?