Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Primm, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I imagine that it would take a humungous footing and capacitive bank to make contact, hold, and maintain such a Space Elevator Tether. Perhaps millions and millions of receptor cells. Probably a place big enough to hold a Giga or so of battery cells should do the trick.

View attachment 65674
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I am sorry, but this is way off topic as it belongs in the Barstow thread. Besides, neither the Mayans nor Nikola had nanotech's then. Well, maybe the Mayans did. We'll never know...

4SUPER9,
True, we may never know. Archeologists spend a lot of time looking down, rarely looking up. Perhaps the Aztec Mayans simply elevated, and the last one up turned out the lights...
Also true that this tread should move to Barstow, but I've yet to meet anyone at the Prim SC who hasn't spent some time looking around the Barstow SC site.
By the way, anyone know if the two street lamps ever got installed at Prim?

So, the mystery remains. I cant wait to see what Tesla does with those two huge footings in Barstow.

Wow, that sounds very efficient, modern and stylish - especially with the lit-up Tesla Chargers themselves.
If someone could get a nice night photo showing all the glow, that would be great. Thanks.

Here you go
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419058714.533620.jpg

That's absolutely brilliant! Those LED Lamps are putting out fantastic coverage. Much safer for those lonely nights (unless you are trying to sleep...).
I replaced my front and back yard porch 40W night lamps with 4.5W LEDs, and the LEDs are putting out a lot more light for way less energy.
These LEDs are the way to go. Avoid those mercury vapor fluorescents - they're just poison waiting to get loose.
Hopefully all Superchargers will be LED upgraded this way. Thanks for the photo.

I drove to Vegas (in the rental suburban, still waiting for P85D).

I saw the Primm Supercharger from I-15, it looked really prominent. Can't wait to use it with my P85D, (finally I don't have to care about speed/winds, got Rancho Cucamonga, Barstow, Primm and Vegas)

:)

I only seem to get about half-speed charging at Primm.

With my S60, I see about 50kW, and it charges about 140mph when near empty. This is with the station being otherwise empty, and trying multiple stalls. I get the full 105kW charging at Barstow.

> Avoid those mercury vapor fluorescents - they're just poison waiting to get loose. [GabrielB]

These have been phased out over recent decades and replaced with sodium vapor street lights.

Primm Valley is being filled with solar projects the first of which is intensely visible during the day.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivanpah_Solar_Power_Facility>

--

Everyone knows it's windy

The Primm Supercharger appears to have come through the last night's wind unscathed, but the adjacent gas station, convenience store and gift shop were... well, I guess scathed is the word!

IMG_20160201_114244.jpg

They're both closed right now due to chunks of the big sign falling into the parking and gas pumps below.

This was just posted in another thread. A heads up that the Primm location may be down.
Looks like you can add Prim NV and Las Vegas Town Square to the list:

"Jamilyn Kamano
April 19 at 10:09am

Good morning Tesla owners, Jamilyn from Tesla service here.

Just as a heads up, we are receiving information pertaining to the Townsquare (Las Vegas Blvd and Sunset) supercharging location to have been vandalized and it is currently down at this time.

Also, the Primm Superchargers are presently down, and look to been have vandalized as well."

Both of these are showing temporary closure on the NAV.

One word of warning at Primm. The raised curb on the south side is much higher than the cement rise on the north side. As you walk back from McDonald's or The Mad Greek, be careful to look down at the higher south curb and not trip over it by looking at the lower north curb.

IMG_6790.jpg