Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Quartzsite, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped at Quartzsite to charge on Tue 2/25/20. The permanent chargers worked OK but were a little slow, only about 85 kW, even without cabinet splitting. The temporary urban chargers are still there, but most were ICE'd or blocked by vehicles with trailers. Not a great location unless you love Carl's Jr. There was a Tesla sign advertising the V3 Ehrenberg location, and stating that V3 chargers are coming to Quartzsite "soon"; not sure when or where though.

FWIW, I emailed the town of Quartzite about the new superchargers. I got a response today (4/15/20):
"There have been permits issued but the work has not started as of yet"

Yeah, not sure what is going on. They took down all the temporary fencing that had been put up around the construction area. The storage container is still on site, but that's about all.

• Informative
Reactions: ybbor and palmer_md
Good eye! Where is this exactly? Is it on a separate property?
It's on the big empty lot right next to the current location (west of Carl's Jr). A quick scan of this thread and I found the discussion of the expansion starting in October 2019. It was reported as a tip from someone who met the Carl's Jr franchise owner and then Tesla put up a sign around Thanksgiving saying that 28 V3 stalls were going to be added to Quartzsite.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
It's on the big empty lot right next to the current location (west of Carl's Jr). A quick scan of this thread and I found the discussion of the expansion starting in October 2019. It was reported as a tip from someone who met the Carl's Jr franchise owner and then Tesla put up a sign around Thanksgiving saying that 28 V3 stalls were going to be added to Quartzsite.
That would be it!

Now the question is, would this be an expansion to the current site, a new one alongside the old one, or will the old site be removed?

Any suggestion it will have additional features like solar canopies, and/or a lounge?

[edit] just noticed the existing site is from 2013! Is the current hardware that old? If so they may retire it with this one going in.

Last edited:
The other thing to consider is that, if all they wanted to do was install charging stalls, they could fit 24 of them here (not allowing for transformers/charging cabinets):

t2fiFH2.png

However, it looks like they are digging up the entire block of land though, right up to the row of posts to the left of that map (is this right @SSonnentag?) which makes you think probably something bigger.

Someone local may know - did Tesla buy this land, or are they leasing it?

The other thing to consider is that, if all they wanted to do was install charging stalls, they could fit 24 of them here (not allowing for transformers/charging cabinets):
<pic>
However, it looks like they are digging up the entire block of land though, right up to the row of posts to the left of that map (is this right @SSonnentag?) which makes you think probably something bigger.

Someone local may know - did Tesla buy this land, or are they leasing it?
It may have been part of the agreement with the property owner that Tesla would pay for all or a portion of the costs to pave that whole lot and they would do it at basically the same time.

I drive through Quartzsite twice every week. I just don't normally charge there as I don't need to charge. It's also about 1 mile in the wrong direction from where I'm headed, so it isn't visible unless I go out of my way or need to charge. In any case, since they've started construction, I'll swing by once a week and see what progress has been made.

To me it appears as though they'll be paving the entire lot, as there are what look to be curb forms in several places. I'm hoping for solar shades as well.