Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Quartzsite, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possibly a charging location for the new Semi ?

Ha! that would be great... they need to get those MegaChargers going if the Semi is really happening

Also, there is no excuse for this location to NOT have multiple pull-through slots for all the CyberTrucks pulling trailers this location will see in a few years. I can't think of another SC location with (seemingly) more available space.

Reactions: house9
Crew was busy at work Thursday 6/18

Attachments

• IMG-20200620-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200620-WA0000.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG-20200620-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200620-WA0002.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG-20200620-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20200620-WA0003.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG-20200620-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20200620-WA0004.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 71
Just talked to a guy working on the site. Apparently Carls Jr is making Tesla leave their property. Says the new chargers should be ready by July 4. Dude says, "EVs are really inefficient because of the tremendous amperage they draw when charging." OK. Using that logic, gas stations are also inefficient due to how quickly they can fill up a car's gas tank. Hmmmmm..... :confused:

He continued on to say we "could power our whole house with the amount of electricity it takes to charge." Some bulbs are just too burnt out to try reviving; best just leave well enough alone.

Last edited:
Just talked to a guy working on the site. Apparently Carls Jr is making Tesla leave their property. Says the new chargers should be ready by July 4.

That's good news. Up until Model 3 deliveries, I frequently was the only one charging there. But now it's a horrible bottleneck.

I wonder if Tesla is building bathrooms at the new site. It also seems like an awfully large trench but I suppose that could be due to the number of conduits.

• Informative
Reactions: ybbor
Dude says, "EVs are really inefficient because of the tremendous amperage they draw when charging." OK. Using that logic, gas stations are also inefficient due to how quickly they can fill up a car's gas tank. Hmmmmm..... :confused:

He continued on to say we "could power our whole house with the amount of electricity it takes to charge." Some bulbs are just too burnt out to try reviving; best just leave well enough alone.

These conversations are the absolute worst. I had a guy get visibly upset with me because his talking points of the flaws of a Nissan Leaf do not apply to a Tesla. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Funny
Reactions: Chuq and SSonnentag
I was there just after midnight yesterday (Monday) and the site was humming. Probably a dozen workers and several pieces of heavy equipment working through the night.

The Carl’s Jr. site was a sh*tshow, as per usual. I’m looking forward to this new installation.

More observations/questions/notes from the video ...

I wonder whats going in the front section? Is Tesla not leasing it, will they sub lease, will they build their own lounge?

The grey line is presumably some sort of guttering/curb. I note the south-west corner area that they "cut off" is particularly large. Doesn't look like the land can be used for anything else, so I wonder what's going there...

gC1yQoH.png

srZK5GJ.png

I'm starting to think they are building their own lounge here. It does sort of fit the model of Kettleman and Baker, at least geographically. They are all on the way from LA to nearby metro areas (SF/Sac, Vegas, PHX). Of course, only Kettleman has the lounge, but Baker also has 40 stalls and who knows, maybe they will build a lounge there eventually. There's definitely a lot of space. Also, Kettleman and Baker both have solar canopies and battery storage. Maybe that will be the case here too.

Reactions: Chuq
I'm starting to think they are building their own lounge here. It does sort of fit the model of Kettleman and Baker, at least geographically. They are all on the way from LA to nearby metro areas (SF/Sac, Vegas, PHX). Of course, only Kettleman has the lounge, but Baker also has 40 stalls and who knows, maybe they will build a lounge there eventually. There's definitely a lot of space. Also, Kettleman and Baker both have solar canopies and battery storage. Maybe that will be the case here too.
That would be really cool. I'll bet the rock shop's business will benefit too. Having said that, I am amazed that the rock shop is still in business after all of these years. I like to look, but never find a rock that I want to take home

That would be really cool. I'll bet the rock shop's business will benefit too. Having said that, I am amazed that the rock shop is still in business after all of these years. I like to look, but never find a rock that I want to take home

I'm guessing - you sell one rock, it's pure profit. Should expand business to across the street "The Sand Shop".

• Funny
Reactions: RubberToe