Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Richfield, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any idea of the range you get going a fairly steady 75-80mph? Does it drop a ton or can you get close to 250-265 miles?

At 75 mph, you have a chance to get rated range, in mild ambient temperatures (50-75F) and with NO headwind.

At 80 mhp, very unlikely to get rated range.

If you are new to this, and in an area with limited options, take it easy. Scope out an RV Park ahead of time as a safety stop. If you are running behind your energy budget at that point-- STOP and charge. Putting your baby on a flatbed because of being stubborn/aggressive is a bad day, every time (I have been there [Roadster, not Model S]). :wink:

Yeah I'm new and definitely not trying to put the precious on a flatbed buutttttttt part of me wants to try and make it! haha I scouted the route and theres definitely RV parks to get a little juice from to make it the rest of the way.
Thanks for your help!

The e-mail came out this morning on Richfield, and it looks like the picture may actually be from Richfield. :biggrin:

Richfield.jpg

Now that Beaver has been upgraded is the Richfield SC the weak link in East/West travel across Utah? It's only 4 stalls and v2. I've had to wait here both directions going between CO <--> NV during the week, I can imagine the weekends are much worse. The location isn't the greatest either as it's in a hotel parking lot with limited options to expand and nothing easily accessible from the charger. Curious what others experiences are with it. Have been tempted to skip it but I think it's too much of a stretch between Green River & Beaver.

Yeah beaver is a bit of a bottleneck now. I got the last free stall just now…on a Monday afternoon and not a busy holiday weekend. I’ve been through here a few times and never seen it busy in previous years. If anyone at tesla is watching this thread please add more charging capacity in the Richfield area.
I’d think they might be able to use the parking spots directly across from the current charging stalls, they’re pretty far back in the hotel lot so hopefully they wouldn’t be an issue to expand there.

Reactions: CO_MY
we had three cars waiting and one stall of four broken on Monday. I felt bad for a couple that rolled in on a Model S 60 @ 6% SOC. First they had to wait for a charger and then they were going to be sharing the whole time. It is bad enough during the summer with not much wind but brutal getting from Green River when it is cold and windy. Please Tesla - expand Richfield or put a big new one just up the road in Salina.

I charged there yesterday and there was a Tesla tech working on the site. All 4 stalls showed as available so presumably he had them all up and running. Before he got there only 3 were available.

I agree that it either needs to be expanded, or maybe they should just build a new v3 site in Salina which would shave a few miles off the big gap. It probably isn't urgent to expand this time of year but preferably something would be up and running by the spring.

I charged there yesterday and there was a Tesla tech working on the site. All 4 stalls showed as available so presumably he had them all up and running. Before he got there only 3 were available.

I agree that it either needs to be expanded, or maybe they should just build a new v3 site in Salina which would shave a few miles off the big gap.
My next trip through the area, I think I will completely skip Richfield super, and instead try for the CCS at Salina.

Kinda pathetic that Richfield is still only 4 stations... I made 3 crossings the entire route of i-70 last year, and 50% of the time the charger was out of service. I charged there twice last summer and one session was only 70kw... Had to spend 40 mins to make beaver.

If Richfield is down, Green River to Beaver is a long stretch.

This leg is actually better on a CCS vehicle, Beaver - Richfield - Salina - Green River - Grand Junction.

Glenwood springs supercharger is also garbage...

My next trip through the area, I think I will completely skip Richfield super, and instead try for the CCS at Salina.

Kinda pathetic that Richfield is still only 4 stations... I made 3 crossings the entire route of i-70 last year, and 50% of the time the charger was out of service. I charged there twice last summer and one session was only 70kw... Had to spend 40 mins to make beaver.

This leg is actually better on a CCS vehicle, Beaver - Richfield - Salina - Green River - Grand Junction.

agree 100% - I actively plan my route charging to skip both.

I agree with everything you said about Richfield supercharging. You could say the same about Nephi.

However I would also add that the CCS stations are also a PIA for different reasons. These stations are often broken, always hard to start and no one seems to care.