Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rochester, MN

Along Interstates: I-90*
Along US Numbered Highways: US-14, US-52, US-63
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

To: La Crosse, WI - 73.5 miles
Diversion: 9.3 miles
To: Mauston, WI - 136 miles

To Eau Claire, WI (US-14,MN-42,US-61,MN-60,WI-25,WI-85,WI-37,I-94,WI-93): 96.3 miles
To La Crosse, WI :)US-52,I-90,WI-16) 73.5 miles
To Coralville, IA (US-63,I-380,US-218,i-80,US-6): 191 miles
To Albert Lea, MN (MN-30,I-90): 60.8 miles
To Oakdale, MN (US-52,I-494,I-694): 81.1 miles

* Barely. Large diversion in miles and time. It seems more important as a location near 3 US Numbered Highways

Supercharge.info now has a permit listed in Rochester at the Hy-Vee at 500 Crossroads Drive SW. Does anyone have any other info? We're visiting family there at Thanksgiving and I'd love to have this done as they live in a condo without convenient charging.

Finally! I've been waiting for this charger. I drive by this place every day on my way to work which is only 1/4 mile away. I'll post pics if/when I see any updates at the site. I had really been hoping that the superchargers would be going into the parking lot at the mall which is really close to this. Not really a good walking distance from the Hy-vee to the mall.

• Love
Reactions: Zythryn
Finally! I've been waiting for this charger. I drive by this place every day on my way to work which is only 1/4 mile away. I'll post pics if/when I see any updates at the site. I had really been hoping that the superchargers would be going into the parking lot at the mall which is really close to this. Not really a good walking distance from the Hy-vee to the mall.
Thank you Beolkers, that is hugely appreciated!

Supercharge.info now has a permit listed in Rochester at the Hy-Vee at 500 Crossroads Drive SW. Does anyone have any other info? We're visiting family there at Thanksgiving and I'd love to have this done as they live in a condo without convenient charging.

I gave Hy-Vee a call, they were extremely nice, offering to check into details for me. The *plan* is to have them in by the end of SEPTEMBER, 2017! They will be located in the NW corner of the parking lot behind the store and near the bridge. They expect to start construction any day.

I'm very excited because a RT to there is near the end of my range, and I have to take my dad to Mayo Clinic in October. I'll certainly be giving some business to Hy-Vee.

(Should I report my trip there to anyone, take photos? I'm going mid-October.)

• Informative
Reactions: emupilot
I gave Hy-Vee a call, they were extremely nice, offering to check into details for me. The *plan* is to have them in by the end of SEPTEMBER, 2017! They will be located in the NW corner of the parking lot behind the store and near the bridge. They expect to start construction any day.

I'm very excited because a RT to there is near the end of my range, and I have to take my dad to Mayo Clinic in October. I'll certainly be giving some business to Hy-Vee.

(Should I report my trip there to anyone, take photos? I'm going mid-October.)

Fantastic! I'd love to see your pictures if you're willing. I plan to ask my father in law to keep an eye on it (it's his closest Hy-Vee) so I'll post any news I hear as well.

Reactions: Karen in MN
Ticket No: 172541501
NORMAL
Original Call Date: 09/11/17 09:00 am
Work to Begin Date: 09/13/17 09:15 am
Type: CALL
Expiration Date: 09/27/17 09:15 am

TICKET ACTIONS
Hover over buttons for information on usage.

EXCAVATOR INFORMATION

Company Name: DANNIC SOLUTIONS LLC
Type: CONTRACTOR
Address: 1512 EDWARDS AVE SUITE #3
NEW ORLEANS,LA 70123
Caller: WILL PARKS
Phone: 256-343-0695
Phone: 256-343-0695
Company Phone: 504-564-3865
Fax Phone:
Email Address: [email protected]

Excavation Information

Type of Work: INSTALL SUPER CHARGING STATION
Work Being Done For: TESLA
Explosives: N
Tunnel/Bore: Y
R.O.W.: Y
Duration: 1 MONTH

Location Information

State: MN
County: OLMSTED
Place: ROCHESTER
Address: 500
Street: CROSSROADS DR
Intersecting Street: 3RD AVE SW
Area Marked: N
Job Number:
Location of Work: MARK ENTIRE PROPERTY TO INCLUDE THE ROAD AND OPPOSITE RD ROW OF CROSSROADS DR FOR THE WIDTH OF THE LOT.
Remarks:
Map Twp: 106N
Rng: 14W
Sect-Qtr: 10-NE,11-NW-NE,2-SW-SE
Map Coord NW Lat: 44.0079829
Lon: -92.4780971
SE Lat: 44.0028156
Lon: -92.4664444

FACILITY OPERATORS NOTIFIED

District Company Name Phone Utility Types Status
CHARTR03 CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS 800-778-9140 TV Not yet responded
CTLMN01 CENTURYLINK - CTLQL 855-742-6062 TEL Not yet responded
LADATC02 WINDSTREAM COMMUNICATIONS 800-289-1901 TEL Not yet responded
MERC44 MINNESOTA ENERGY RESOURCES 800-778-9140 G Not yet responded
MNSDOT01 MNDOT 651-366-5750 E Clear/No conflict
ROCPUC01 ROCHESTER UTILITIES ELECTRIC 507-280-1560 E Not yet responded
ROCPUC04 ROCHESTER UTILITIES SEWER 507-328-2400 S Not yet responded
ROCPUC05 ROCHESTER UTILITIES TRAFFIC 507-328-2400 TS Clear/No conflict
ROCPUC06 ROCHESTER UTILITIES WATER 507-292-1215 W Not yet responded

I stopped by this location on my way through town.

The NW corner of the parking lot is roped off with a little plastic fence. 8 stalls are blocked off. No other indication of supercharger activity but I'd say it's pretty likely that that is where they are going in and hopefully it's a sign that construction will begin shortly.

Please ignore the bug guts on my windshield. I was in a hurry so I didn't have a chance to get out and take more pictures but site work is underway.
upload_2017-9-14_10-40-29.png

I dropped by it again yesterday. They have the conduit in place but no electrical cables yet. They were pouring cement for the curb. Forms were in place for the Supercharger pads and the transformer pad. They are moving along quickly. I've heard they want the station opened before Oct 1st but time will tell if they are able to do that. The crates with the superchargers have not arrived yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Zythryn