Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rockaway NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How told tesla it’s online? Is it showing up on our maps
Well, it’s definitely up I’m charging now and there are 3 others here as well.

Attachments

• 8E1D7FA8-A7DE-4B05-A8ED-CBECD9380330.jpeg
    8E1D7FA8-A7DE-4B05-A8ED-CBECD9380330.jpeg
    558.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and madodel
New to posting on the forum, but just wanted to let everyone know I checked here religiously to see if anyone had updates. Just wanted to thank everyone! Charged my Model 3 yesterday (03/03) on a Petsmart run, I'm a Denville resident so this is a big help.

Reactions: MarkS22
For those of you who have used this spot, what was your charging rate? I was just there for the first time and it seemed real slow. I was getting about 40kWh. I'm wondering if Tesla set the rate lower to test and will eventually unlock what a supercharger should be charging at....

New to posting on the forum, but just wanted to let everyone know I checked here religiously to see if anyone had updates. Just wanted to thank everyone! Charged my Model 3 yesterday (03/03) on a Petsmart run, I'm a Denville resident so this is a big help.

This is going to help me quite a lot. My main house is in Sussex where I have a HPWC but I often stay in Lincoln Park where there is only 120v charging (condo). Sometimes I can't charge enough especially when running back and forth. And I could charge at work in Whippany but it's only 7kw (J1772). This will be great because I can stop by Rockaway if I need a boost on the way back home.

I just charged there earlier this afternoon. The outside temp was 29F, I started at 63% with a warm battery - was getting 43 kW - charged from 63% to 84% adding 57 rated miles (or 16.6 kWh) in 23 minutes. That seems reasonable for the state of charge, maybe a little on the slow side.

After I returned from Panera, someone had slotted themselves between me and another Tesla even though there was an unpaired spot available, so they would not have gotten a very good charge rate. 6 of 12 spots were occupied - it was around 12:10pm when I arrived so I'm guessing it was locals on their lunch break.

• Informative
Reactions: madodel