Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Clemente, CA (LIVE 18 Nov 2017, 49 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somewhere between now and then Tesla has expanded the stall capacity to 21 now. I was there over a very crowded Memorial Day and stopped for lunch. I waited one minute for a stall to become available and started charging at 31kW on a shared cabinet. 15 minutes while I was standing in line to order lunch, my charging speed was 81kW. After ordering, I went down to move the car so others could charge. I was impressed that in just 30 minutes at a crowded lot that I was able to get 160 range miles added to our "classic S85."

Reactions: BrokerDon
4BF4D19E-37B6-45BD-BD75-9F111D3702A3.jpeg
This just happened. Almost a full Pearl White House.

Reactions: dgpcolorado
I believe Tesla nav does take you around rather than cut through the garage. In case someone else has a similar situation
I'm not clear on this. I also arrived after midnight on a Friday night and could not find a path to the chargers, since there are closed gates. Is there a path to the chargers when the gates are closed? I've marked the two gates I saw on the map, I assume there are others.

When I charged here after hours (over a year ago now), I too drove around for a while trying to figure it out. Security saw me and led me to the gate near Ruby's Diner on the screenshot where they let me in. But they did instruct me to exit by driving around the back side of the mall so I assume that is the route that is typically ungated after hours.

For the past week I’ve noticed a small construction site on the opposite site of the shops property from the existing Superchargers. But today, I noticed that the dig site and the trenching they were working on looked suspiciously like a Tesla Supercharger site in preparation. So, I asked, “What are you guys working on?”. To which he replied, that they were putting in Tesla Supercharger. Asked how many chargers, he replied that it’ll be eight (8) more chargers. They’re located precisely on the opposite end of the shops building, next to the open ground expansion area.
61C8B94C-33B0-4A1E-985A-BFEE13D41412.jpeg