Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego CA - A Street (LIVE 27 Jun 2018, 16 Urban type)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moving your car every 14 minutes so you can charge/park for an hour or more is not acting in good faith.
I wasn't referring to that. I was joking about driving around the block anyway. I made that clear.

But the above advice someone posted about how it doesn't charge you for 15 minutes of parking and it gives you an additional 15 minute grace period after validating your ticket seems fine.

Reactions: jowaldo
5A3C590E-1F8D-4772-9EBA-1728EA02F40A.jpeg
59DF49DC-32AF-4CF5-BF16-050FBB5A46F6.jpeg
Yup, thanks everyone for sharing these small tricks all over the forums lol.... grace period has been changed to 1 second haha...no more free charging ....

In other news: someone crashed into one of the chargers!

• Love
Reactions: Jedi2155 and P85_DA
Maybe a strange question, but if you charge here on a trip, which restroom could you use? We walked up to the street and tried to use the CVS restroom but they said to go to Subway. So we went to Subway and buy a cookie to use their restrooms. Is there a close by public restroom to that supercharger?

Final verdict....

This location, although a blessing... is in an extremely shitty location and managment is just great as the location #Fail... The install and design seem like they were forced and not fully thought through at all.

1.Stalls are too skinny,
2.no plastic curbs to let you know when to stop( two have been crashed into so far)
3.parking angle is incredibly awkward,
4.non tesla parking garage users come flying at 20 mph barley squeezing in between a million dollars worth of cars..
how can anyone at TESLA actually be proud of the end result here ... smh...

The garage is sketchy as can be past 10pm.... homeless people and drug addicts make their way into the garage and can be very scary at times. I have stopped coming here at night because of this. Not safe!

The grease trap from dominos has been leaking since the charger opened. I have complained countless times...These guys don’t give a crap. The place smells horrid most of the time.... I even heard them say “thank god the grease trap isn’t leaking right now” during the grand opening event....that was months ago... so sad that Tesla got fooled into working with these guys. The place has potential but as is it sucks... and no there are no restrooms to use here...

1.Stalls are too skinny,

Yeah I thought it was just me. I am fine with the stalls being skinny but combo with the very tight middle road, it is so hard to even get out of the stall. I can't just make it out in one try on our X. It was awkward because the Tesla driver in front was watching me, the one to my right was watching me.

The standard potty for late night St George UT as well as a few others I have experienced is to bring my own empty 2-liter plastic bottle and what a perfect use for the new California $0.10 grocery bags for the other. Seems like it will work here. However, if there are regular residence in attendance (Homeless) just ask them where they go. It may be that there is a dark corner of the garage.

Years ago while driving cross country with kids I learned to ALWAYS travel with a roll of Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, and Baby Wipes. This personal hygiene kit always goes with us on trips in the Tesla, along with the empty plastic bottle and spare grocery bags.

Entry was not possible at 6:45pm yesterday (Thursday). Said "Key entry only". Maybe out of paper tickets? To the point about management competence...

Also, please abandon the 2nd floor machine as a means to extend your free stay. They must have heard me or something because a couple days later they took my advice and stopped allowing free validations for any length of stay. Even worse, it seems to charge $8 immediately, which doesn't square with anything on the pricing board. It's still $5 after hours if you pay at the exit. If you insert upstairs, cancel, then try to exit, it'll be tagged in the system so you still have to pay $8 until we complain enough and they fix this bogus practice.

BUT, it is still free go in-n-out within ~13 minutes. Haven't pushed it longer recently.

Last edited:
Entry was not possible at 6:45pm yesterday (Thursday). Said "Key entry only". Maybe out of paper tickets? To the point about management competence...

Also, please abandon the 2nd floor machine as a means to extend your free stay. They must have heard me or something because a couple days later they took my advice and stopped allowing free validations for any length of stay. Even worse, it seems to charge $8 immediately, which doesn't square with anything on the pricing board. It's still $5 after hours if you pay at the exit. If you insert upstairs, cancel, then try to exit, it'll be tagged in the system so you still have to pay $8 until we complain enough and they fix this bogus practice.

BUT, it is still free go in-n-out within ~13 minutes. Haven't pushed it longer recently.

No longer free. I tried to go in and out in under 10 min and it still charged me $2