Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Luis Obispo, CA (LIVE 5 May 2018, expanded May 2020, 14 V2 + 4 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about liking it if it was closer to downtown, pretty slow and congested driving through downtown when were were there looking for a candy shop for a gift, but will say it would be nice to have a wide variety of places to eat maybe closer by. Unless you are having to do a 90/100 SOC you are done and out of the chargers in a shorter amount of time that it takes to walk to the food place, get served and finish your meal.

Any new photos of the progress here?

I don't know if they still do it, but when I was in school they shut down Higuera every Thursday for a farmers market. If so, that would really impact travelers pretty hard. About the only places in SLO that would work for a supercharger that is close to both freeway and has enough parking to prevent spaces from getting ICEd would be around the Madonna Plaza. Cal Poly has enough space on holidays and weekends, but it's pretty tight during classes.

I don't know if they still do it, but when I was in school they shut down Higuera every Thursday for a farmers market. If so, that would really impact travelers pretty hard. About the only places in SLO that would work for a supercharger that is close to both freeway and has enough parking to prevent spaces from getting ICEd would be around the Madonna Plaza. Cal Poly has enough space on holidays and weekends, but it's pretty tight during classes.
Thursday’s Farmers market is still going strong and parking is still as horrible as it ever was. Madonna is really ideal for getting right off 101, charging and then right back on.

Nice to know it's still going. I graduated from Cal Poly in 1988 and haven't spent much time in SLO since. The one time I did spend a day there about 10 years ago I found a number of new buildings and stores as well as some stores I remember gone. Though it still had the charm it always did.

Some of the towns around here do farmers markets closing down a street in the summer, but they don't compare to SLO's. The food was fantastic. I have fond memories of food coked on those trailer barbecues.

I don't know about liking it if it was closer to downtown, pretty slow and congested driving through downtown when were were there looking for a candy shop for a gift, but will say it would be nice to have a wide variety of places to eat maybe closer by. Unless you are having to do a 90/100 SOC you are done and out of the chargers in a shorter amount of time that it takes to walk to the food place, get served and finish your meal.

Any new photos of the progress here?

I have been watching the City of San Luis Obispo Planning & Building Logs. The last entry I found was from the week of 08/17-08/23/2017 concerning a review of an administrative use permit to put an electric vehicle charger in a parking lot at Madonna Inn. I haven't seen an actual permit listed yet.

• Informative
Reactions: avesraggiana

They still do the Farmer's Market. Lots of fun, but park on the street. The parking structure has very narrow spaces and you will get dinged Street parking will be a few blocks away.

Disagree on the steaks. Madonna's is much better and oak fired.

I got tough filet about 5 months ago. When I told the waiter that it was not up to par, nothing happened. If you like oak fired steaks, Jocko's in Nipomo (South on 101, off at Teft, turn left and go 1.5 miles to the "T". Look to the left and there it is.) is great. The pit is so big, it's outside. They only use red oak.