Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santee, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heads up ... I've heard that Tesla is working on a new site south of this Santee site, just before the Georgia state line. "Working on it" could just mean paperwork at this point.

If anyone is passing through this area, and you have an extra 30 minutes or so on your hands, snoop around the 2-4 southernmost I-95 exits in South Carolina (Hardeeville and Ridgeland). Or see if you can find a building permit online. I don't want to start a separate thread for it just yet -- just giving you all a heads up to look for it.

Wow, that would be a great improvement for people routing through the Savannah area.

Reactions: Bobbo8
I was at Santee a few weeks ago and the ONLY stalls I could charge at were 4A/4B. The only other car there was a Model X that appeared to be charging at 4B. I plugged into 1A and got an “Unable to Supercharge” error message. I moved my car along every charger with the same error until I got to 4A (shared with the X on 4B) where I charged successfully. I was freaking out because I was down to 22 miles range or so and my kids were already in semi-meltdown mode from being on a long car trip. I’ve never had that error before or since ant any other Supercharger, so I have to hope something was amiss with Santee (rather than my car).

Reactions: Kacey Green
Stopped at Santee the other day, and had to move my car away from a slow charger. Seems like the 4A/B are much faster than other stops I made on the trip. Is it possible to have V3 and prior generation stalls mixed at one location?
You can but since each V3 cabinet can run 4 stalls this would be an odd installation, though Ocean City has a six stall V3 one cabinet is either half utilized or only half-equipped. (assuming the guts of a Megacharger cabinet are like the Supercharger cabinet, an array of the car's onboard chargers)

You can but since each V3 cabinet can run 4 stalls this would be an odd installation, though Ocean City has a six stall V3 one cabinet is either half utilized or only half-equipped. (assuming the guts of a Megacharger cabinet are like the Supercharger cabinet, an array of the car's onboard chargers)

I believe Santee was originally 6 stalls, then they added two temporary stalls where 4A/4B are now. Maybe that’s what happened — newer technology was added there.

Last time I charged there, I had to move around twice to get consistent charging. Anyone sharing a charger number would cause both cars to fault. Santee has the early staggered layout for stall numbers 1-3, so most of the "new" owners were really confused by my moving strategy. 4A/B are not staggered, and were the only charger pair that could carry two cars at once.

Heads up ... I've heard that Tesla is working on a new site south of this Santee site, just before the Georgia state line. "Working on it" could just mean paperwork at this point.

If anyone is passing through this area, and you have an extra 30 minutes or so on your hands, snoop around the 2-4 southernmost I-95 exits in South Carolina (Hardeeville and Ridgeland). Or see if you can find a building permit online. I don't want to start a separate thread for it just yet -- just giving you all a heads up to look for it.

Tada: Supercharger - Hardeeville, SC

• Informative
Shout out to Clark’s for opening up two rooms for Tesla owners to use the restrooms!!!!

Yes! I was there this afternoon to charge and then take a zoom call, and I visited the “men’s restroom” room. Really appreciate them doing that and placing signs on the chargers so we all know about it. I need to take my wife there for dinner sometime.

Yes! I was there this afternoon to charge and then take a zoom call, and I visited the “men’s restroom” room. Really appreciate them doing that and placing signs on the chargers so we all know about it. I need to take my wife there for dinner sometime.
That’s nice of them. When I went I was able to use the restroom in “lobby”. It was around July.

I stopped here on 1/14/2024 and the entire site was not working. Most of the dispensers would not even try to start the change, but dispensers 3a and 3b would attempt to start and fail. Not a single one worked. This was the first time i've experienced an entire site being unavailable and showing no issues on the map.

• Informative
Reactions: jsight and Tyl
Honestly, im not really sure how to report it to Tesla easily. I did add a check in on plugshare and I also tweeted @TeslaCharging.

I did move on to another site but it was a bit less convenient. I was somewhat fortunate I wasn't at a super low state of charge and depended on this specific site.

This was the first time i've encountered being unable to charge at a supercharger site (summerton) which worked fine.

Honestly, im not really sure how to report it to Tesla easily. I did add a check in on plugshare and I also tweeted @TeslaCharging.

I did move on to another site but it was a bit less convenient. I was somewhat fortunate I wasn't at a super low state of charge and depended on this specific site.

This was the first time i've encountered being unable to charge at a supercharger site (summerton) which worked fine.
Don’t worry. They know. Thanks for update.