Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Strasburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're looking to meet at a winery, consider this:

Pearmund Cellars
6190 Georgetown Rd
Broad Run, VA 20137
Driving Directions
Phone (540) 347-3475
Roadside Assistance (877) 798-3752
Charging
1 Tesla Connector, up to 80A.
Available for patrons only. Self park.

I've never been there or tried their wine, so I can't vouch for them, but they're part of the Destination Charger program. :) Not far off I-66 and about halfway between DC & Strasburg.

If you're looking to meet at a winery, consider this:

Pearmund Cellars
6190 Georgetown Rd
Broad Run, VA 20137
Driving Directions
Phone (540) 347-3475
Roadside Assistance (877) 798-3752
Charging
1 Tesla Connector, up to 80A.
Available for patrons only. Self park.

I've never been there or tried their wine, so I can't vouch for them, but they're part of the Destination Charger program. :) Not far off I-66 and about halfway between DC & Strasburg.

That's a nice little drive for the Roadster. I'm sure the GF would love a cruise out to get some wine!

Yo CMU5P!

Tesla Day at a VA Winery - now THAT would be sweet! Great idea - especially if we can get a dozen like minded Model S owners/wine-o's to join in - and of course get some VIP parking to showcase the future of transportation in the US and A. I'm IN! And, I promise to fill the Model S with three fun co-imbibers... Got any dates to suggest? Or specific wineries? There are a lot on 66 between WDC and Strasburg (Three Foxes, Barrel Oak, Naked Mountain, Linden). Let us know!

Wow, I'm feeling the energy! Anyone want to plan this? Maybe someone local who does know the wineries? I've been to Glen Manor- small, but lovely views and good wine. Glen Manor Vineyards | Wines with a sense of place. (~10mi east of Strasburg in Front Royal)

Other options:
Linden Vineyards gets lots of good press- http://www.lindenvineyards.com, about 18mi east of Strasburg of I-66.
North Mountain allows leashed dogs North Mountain Vineyard Winery, about 10miles south of Strasburg
Shenandoah Vineyards a little farther south, 20 miles Home | Shenandoah Vineyards
Naked Mountain is intriguing, but farther east 23mi off 66 Naked Mountain Winery
Pearmund is 40mi east, but has a destination charger. Pearmund Cellars | Voted Best Winery in Virginia

I am taking a REALLY big test end of September, so my every waking, non-kid-transporting, non-working minute is spent studying or stressing about studying until then. Anyone want to plan something for October? Would be really pretty showcase of fall colors in the Valley!

Anyone? :)

I am taking a REALLY big test end of September, so my every waking, non-kid-transporting, non-working minute is spent studying or stressing about studying until then. Anyone want to plan something for October? Would be really pretty showcase of fall colors in the Valley!

Anyone? :)

You can't really study for the SAT's, though I hear that the essay is VERY difficult. :tongue:
At the SOCCI event this week there was a thought of doing a Skyline Drive meet-up late Sep or early/mid Oct, depending on the leaves. Maybe a joint drive/tasting event to make it a day?

You can't really study for the SAT's, though I hear that the essay is VERY difficult. :tongue:

Then there is no hope for me and I will have to resort to drowning my sorrows in alcohol.

At the SOCCI event this week there was a thought of doing a Skyline Drive meet-up late Sep or early/mid Oct, depending on the leaves. Maybe a joint drive/tasting event to make it a day?

That sounds like a great plan!

Yeah - Kind of a bummer that there's no Ribbon Cutting ceremony to officially open it as has been the case with many previous ones (pre-Norfolk?). This sad development makes discussion of either a winery visit or a wine tasting/skyline drive leaf viewing all the more important. I agree that a weekend when the leaves are at peak would be a great time to do it. However, I'd also join a winery only event. Would definitely like to loop in a visit to the SuperCharger, so the closer a winery is to Strasburg, the more attractive for me... Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I will like join this get together. I live in Bluefield. I will need to charge en route to Starsburg or any winery nearby. Any TESLA owner around Roanoke area with a HPWC charger? That will make my trip easy.

There is a good CHAdeMO in downtown Roanoke that I used successfully in July. The one on Stanton is iffy. But, overall, getting the CHAdeMO adapter has been a good investment. Plug Share also shows a B&B in Harrisonburg (“By the Side of the Road Inn & Cottages”) that will share its HPWC for $10. Cheers.

I find the ease of using plugshare varies greatly by the device you are using to access the program. I find the plugshare app on the iPhone the easiest. When open just select the icon that looks like a gear to filter your choices. If you select chargers for Model S, you will need to manually select Chademo. I also have used the browser in the car at tesla.plugshare.com. Also select the gear button to make charger selections.
image.jpeg

Used the supercharger this weekend (wanted to have a little extra buffer for skyline drive, apparently not necessary for the length of the drive we did) nice overlook. Had a few people show up and chat and take photos, heh.