Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Strasburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2153 (1).jpg
IMG_2158.jpg
Stopped for a charge and a bite tonight. A family rolled up in their Escalade and asked questions about the chargers and Tesla in general. They were duly impressed with the technology and the car. I was doing my part to spread the good word ;)

- - - Updated - - -

One more...What a view!
IMG_2149.jpg

FYI: Apparently a DC fast charger is now available in Blacksburg, VA (Behind the Blacksburg Municipal Building on Draper Road). Will be free-of-cost initially. Too bad I didn't buy the optional charger but anyone with one travelling I-81 has one more option available.

Maxim Article Mentions Strasburg SuperCharger

Check out the Maxim article at We Took an Electrifying Ride In Tesla's Model S P90D | Maxim which mentions the author's stop at the Strasburg SC. I was there on 08Oct when Dan pulled up and began charging. He's VERY well informed about the Model S. More good press!

FYI: Apparently a DC fast charger is now available in Blacksburg, VA (Behind the Blacksburg Municipal Building on Draper Road). Will be free-of-cost initially. Too bad I didn't buy the optional charger but anyone with one travelling I-81 has one more option available.

Confirmed. We used the CHAdeMO in Blacksburg on Monday. Charged at 132 mi/hr.

Lanny

blacksburg2.jpg

We just used the Strasburg Supercharger on Sunday -- drove out from Maryland, charged up while eating at Denny's, entered Skyline Drive at the North entrance and exited at Thornton Gap w/ more than enough charge to return to DC / Maryland -- a great way to see Shenandoah National Park. And I used Autopilot on several stretches of I-66 as well as Skyline Drive. It's working great.
20151101_Strasburg.jpg

We used this SC last month. We topped out at 175 miles/hour. We've had better results at older SCs. Has anyone had better results?
What was your state of charge, and was the paired supercharger being used? Reporting miles of range per hour really isn't a useful comparison anyway as it's an average of the session, not an instantaneous reading. The preferred way to report supercharger output is kW (V times A on the display).

What was your state of charge, and was the paired supercharger being used? Reporting miles of range per hour really isn't a useful comparison anyway as it's an average of the session, not an instantaneous reading. The preferred way to report supercharger output is kW (V times A on the display).

I was the only one there. When I called HQ to ask why it was so slow, all they did was ask about the temperature, which was in the 50s.

Used this supercharger last Friday. Worked great and fast. I saw someone had an issue but when that happens to me just stop disconnect and it's worked. Question poor contact?

Kudos us to tesla. Great placement. About half way between wash dc and Harrisonburg. Very mountainous area so it meant I did not have to conserve energy. The view is fantastic as well