Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i should have put this in sooner, (i put this in the Sheffield thread as well), but i have a contact at Tesla that deals with the superchargers in Ohio!

The contact is Jordan Rhyne, and he used to be the Store Manager of the Columbus OH location and he moved on to the supercharger team for Ohio to find optimal placement etc...

I hope this helps so you can ask when this will be online!

Last edited:
Still nothing as of this evening. Looks as if its ready to go, but not lit up Tesla on the cabinets. I plugged in just to confirm.
Before the Hermitage, PA charger officially opened, I checked and successfully got a charge.

Attachments

• DCA5E254-2B78-46FD-9750-287BD4A23B9A.png
    DCA5E254-2B78-46FD-9750-287BD4A23B9A.png
    939 KB · Views: 76
My dad was rushed to Cleveland Clinic for open heart surgery. I was commuting back and forth from Columbus. I had the joy of being ICEd out on every occasion. I talked with the manager there. Come to find out, she, along with her employees, were parking in the charging spots while at work. When I asked her if they could move their cars, she got pretty obnoxious with me and said they don't care what the signs say, and they'll continue to park there.

My dad was rushed to Cleveland Clinic for open heart surgery. I was commuting back and forth from Columbus. I had the joy of being ICEd out on every occasion. I talked with the manager there. Come to find out, she, along with her employees, were parking in the charging spots while at work. When I asked her if they could move their cars, she got pretty obnoxious with me and said they don't care what the signs say, and they'll continue to park there.
woke up and saw this message this morning and it made me angry, they're violating their agreement and it's against the Sheetz/Tesla corporate policy. we can easily get 15 tesla's to block their gas spots within a few minutes, but before we get all up in arms we need to get the guy in charge of superchargers in this area involved.

@JohnnyG pm me for Jordan Rhyne's email address to get this resolved.

Reactions: JohnnyG and DriveMe
To be fair, 15-minute parking is allowed at half of those stalls and this is such a new location, it will take time for everyone to get used to the new rules. But I think we do need to bring this to someone's attention at both Tesla and Sheetz. Not good! This is a very important Supercharger, the closest one to Cleveland.

To be fair, 15-minute parking is allowed at half of those stalls and this is such a new location, it will take time for everyone to get used to the new rules. But I think we do need to bring this to someone's attention at both Tesla and Sheetz. Not good! This is a very important Supercharger, the closest one to Cleveland.
I can agree, but we need to nip these bad habits in the bud so this isn't abused by Sheetz staff, including management.

It is true that half of the stalls are listed for 10-Minute parking. That said, the manager, and employees were parked at the other end, which are clearly listed as Tesla Charging Only. Not to mention, they are employees that work there, so they'll be there for more than 10-Minutes. Not to mention, they already knew the rules, and told me directly that they will not follow them.

On the one occasion, two of the girls parking there were heading next door to O'Charley's to have lunch with their crew. I asked them why they didn't just park over at O'Charley's then, which had tons of parking. They just responded with "I've gotta go, don't tell anyone, okay?".

On another occasion, there were two cars parked in the 10-Minute stalls.... for the whole 45 minutes I was there. I'm guessing they were employees too, as I can't imagine what you'd be doing in a gas station for almost an hour.

It is true that half of the stalls are listed for 10-Minute parking. That said, the manager, and employees were parked at the other end, which are clearly listed as Tesla Charging Only. Not to mention, they are employees that work there, so they'll be there for more than 10-Minutes. Not to mention, they already knew the rules, and told me directly that they will not follow them.

On the one occasion, two of the girls parking there were heading next door to O'Charley's to have lunch with their crew. I asked them why they didn't just park over at O'Charley's then, which had tons of parking. They just responded with "I've gotta go, don't tell anyone, okay?".

On another occasion, there were two cars parked in the 10-Minute stalls.... for the whole 45 minutes I was there. I'm guessing they were employees too, as I can't imagine what you'd be doing in a gas station for almost an hour.
have you called a tow truck to move these at the owners expense?

have you called a tow truck to move these at the owners expense?
That's where I'm at a loss... I don't know the local law. I don't know if the signage is up to legal code to allowing towing. I don't know if local law allows a 3rd-party citizen to initiate a tow on someone else's property. I don't know if I should call the local PD or an independent towing company. etc. etc. etc.