Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Town planning minutes posted in October indicate likely construction ongoing/soon at Sheetz in Strongsville, OH:

9037 Pearl Rd
Strongsville, OH 44136

DQN-YKHXUAAjtSB.jpg
DQN-5BlXUAED9U3.jpg
DQN_DyqW0AINwXQ.jpg

Didn't see this yet on Supercharge.info, so heads up: @BlueShift

This is in a perfect location for travelers on the Ohio Turnpike (I-80) and I-71. It is extremely close to the exits for both highways, so you don't have to travel miles after exiting the freeway like the one in Macedonia. I grew up in Berea, OH and when we purchased our model S in Chicago, I traveled back to Berea for a high school reunion and to visit friends/family. Having to drive all the way out to Macedonia a few times was very inconvenient because none of the hotels I stayed in had any sort of charging capability. Good Job Tesla! Great location.

This is great news! We still need a SC in Downtown Cleveland and / or on 1-90. Incredibly no hotels in the I-480/271/ Chagrin Blvd have Destination Chargers. Additionally, Legacy Village should have destination chargers as should the new Pinecrest development. This would all remove the burden on the Lyndhurst Tesla Center where I have needed to charge numerous times because the complete lack of destination chargers on the east side.

Objective W00t!

That's needed to allow more people to avoid the large Macedonia, OH diversion if traveling I-80.

Google/Supercharge.info-wise that will cut 7 miles and 10 minutes off travel.

To add to this: not only is Macedonia a large diversion, but Maumee, OH - Macedonia, OH was the largest gap on I-80. With Strongsville, OH open, the largest gap will be Winnemucca, NV to Elko, NV.

• Informative
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
Got link? (I don't have Facebook).

Here you go (I did not take the pic)

Someone there also said they work for Sheetz and was able to talk to their District Manager about it. The DM said there will be another one at the Sheetz in Sheffield and they are planning on starting on that one soon too.

If you look on the Tesla Supercharger site, the location marked in Sheffield, OH is right at the intersection where the Sheetz over there is located. ;)

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Reactions: emupilot
Sheetz is emerging as a solid Tesla partner! In the past couple of months I stopped at Sheetz (Superchargers) several times already: Pittsburgh, Breezwood, etc. That’s probably more times than in my entire life before that!
I even got a Sheetz shopper card just in case! They just need to change their perks: who needs free gas?! :D

This is well sited. I hope it is complete by mid-January so that I can use it on my trip to the Detroit auto show. Macedonia is a long diversion and it’s a long leg to both Maumee and the new Toledo Superchargers, especially if it’s cold and snowy.

The crew that is working that site, also did some of the other "local" sheets around the area. Franklin Park, Hermitage, Morgantown. The project is definitely underway and moving along. Holidays, weather and local utilities are going to be the pieces that put this behind if at all. These locations at Sheetz have gone up pretty darn quick and this is already pretty far along. I travel this route frequently from Pittsburgh all the way out to Toledo and Detroit. The new site in Toledo that you will hit instead of Maumee is much less of a diversion then going to Macedonia would be.
Worse case scenario you have to go to Macedonia, they did recently open a Starbucks across the street, and you could go walk the walmart and post infamous mullet pics.
Ill try and take pics tomorrow of the site, I may swing by if time permits.