Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Taree, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overhead shot from Steve J that shows the layout and setup for the underground drilling.
Note end stall has extra space so could be used for towing.

FB_IMG_1713337463839.jpg

Reminds me of ScoMo's election comment.
(From 1:20)🤣
Yeah, I don't need to watch it to remember it...

I was intrigued last summer to see a few EV's turn up out our annual family campground where we invariably bring a trailer with all the gear. I brought my ICE with trailer and left the Tesla at home.

I don't have a tow bar on my Model 3 yet, but it did occur to me that if I did, I could have used it instead. But I would have had to charge en-route at trailer-unfriendly DCFC's.

Reactions: dronus
Why? People tow. People have EV's.

Because you have to stop often to charge, pretty simple. Each to their own, but even as an EV owner, I don't have time for that. An EV can tow things fine for short distances, but I am not stopping every 150km. Like I said, in my original comment, I wouldn't tow a caravan if someone paid me, its just so much easier and cheaper to use a motel or a tent. If it's something worth towing, like a collectable car or race car, just borrow or hire a fossil rig my your sanity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vostok
Because you have to stop often to charge, pretty simple. Each to their own, but even as an EV owner, I don't have time for that. An EV can tow things fine for short distances, but I am not stopping every 150km. Like I said, in my original comment, I wouldn't tow a caravan if someone paid me, its just so much easier and cheaper to use a motel or a tent. If it's something worth towing, like a collectable car or race car, just borrow or hire a fossil rig my your sanity.
Each to their own. I stop every 150km as it is. I can't sit in a driver seat any longer than that.

I haven't tested the range of my Model 3 towing a trailer because I don't even have a tow bar fitted. I'm not sure it would have the towing capacity for a caravan or a race car. But there is no reason it can't tow a fishing tinnie or camper trailer. I just wish the designers of charging infrastructure would acknowledge that - at least the highway charging infrastructure which are the ones likely to be used by people towing.

Rego is cheap cheap for single unbraked 750kg ATm. But I get what you are saying . I used to get my own animal feed but these days it's delivered. I use mine about once a year sometimes more when the delivery truck can't get through to shed due rain softening the ground.
Yeah I think everyone else uses my trailer more than I ever have. It caged and braked so gets used whenever anyone moves stuff. I’ve carted gravel and sand etc but these days the truck just delivers it.
Once my trailer came back after being gone for 2 weeks covered in red bull dust.
I think I’ll just sell it, although the mesh walls make a good clothes line when it’s parked in the shed.