Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Taree, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove past today as I was in Taree. Some guys turned up with a digger just as I was leaving.

Attachments

• 48E66061-8D2C-4FC3-9278-BB75130CBFC5_1_105_c.jpeg
    48E66061-8D2C-4FC3-9278-BB75130CBFC5_1_105_c.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 25381B52-7A2E-4F47-ADE6-72BCFB588D2F_1_105_c.jpeg
    25381B52-7A2E-4F47-ADE6-72BCFB588D2F_1_105_c.jpeg
    379.1 KB · Views: 9
But where is the power?
Have they installed the ground substation yet (or maybe it's directly wired into the cabinets)? Endeavour Energy needs to put that in before any SC can be energised.

Wondering aloud.
What would the residents across the road think about the SC location. It's about to get a whole lot busier.

Last edited:
I wonder why they scraped the road?
May be in prep to relay the surface and they may be installing overhead solar panels as they have in Raymond Terrace and they needed to have the tar gone to install the mounting posts. The road surface is in good condition on that part of Wynter Street though. Also may be laying concrete plinths and barriers at either end of the charging station as it's on a public road.

I wonder why they scraped the road?
Very odd, I thought maybe the road was in a poor state and they were taking the opportunity to do them both at once, but that doesn't seem the case (based on street view pics):

1711240718827.png

On looking in street view, there's a bit of a risk that the residences across the road might have issues with headlights shining into their front windows at night, just like the issues that were raised at Keith:

[Edit: Oops, just noticed you mentioned this in another comment!]

1711240798482.png

Via BYDA (build your dreams Australia🤣)
Have to register, then drag and drop the proposed worksite. I inserted the current date range so it is similar to the current worksite as the SC build.

@Chuq
My other observation is the angled parking as it is orientated now is for Front in parking rather than rear in. In order to be rear in, it should be perpendicular or angled the other way.

Reactions: Chuq
So
Power pulled from other side of the road via a trench
Resurfacing the road
Repainting the bays
Supercharger installation and commissioning.

Predicted weather in Taree next 4 days : Sunny

Would be a great effort if all that can be done before the Good Friday Mad Rush.

they should turn their damn lights off
Its more the parking reverse in before lights off, the lights on before driving off.

It would be a few houses that would take the brunt of all the supercharging teslas. But I do note that angled parking appears to also be present on the residential side of Wynter street per the last of Chuqs photos