Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - The Dalles, OR (LIVE Aug 2014, 5 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not going to happen anytime soon. They pulled all the I84 SCs off of the 2014 maps. Interestingly, The Dalles was never listed on any map until just recently. So no Seattle to Sun Valley or SLC runs for a while.

Next one should be Hermiston .... Thoughts ?

not going to happen anytime soon. They pulled all the I84 SCs off of the 2014 maps. Interestingly, The Dalles was never listed on any map until just recently. So no Seattle to Sun Valley or SLC runs for a while.

Tesla is famous for putting dots on the map and doing something else. That's true of what happened this year for the I-70 expansion east from Denver.

With The Dalles in place, I would not be surprised if they continue on east. You never know...

Tesla is famous for putting dots on the map and doing something else. That's true of what happened this year for the I-70 expansion east from Denver.

With The Dalles in place, I would not be surprised if they continue on east. You never know...

tru-dat. However, they pulled Hermiston/Baker City/... for a reason and it was the same time that The Dalles showed up on Coming Soon. I can't imagine they would say "let's kill I84" and then immediately turn around and start building them.

Sorry for not cross-posting this up:

Invitations to a rally - starting in south suburbs of Portland, heading along I-84 to The Dalles - were sent out Aug 5. They include the RSVP link:

Supercharge Rally to The Dalles | Events | Tesla Motors

There is no specific mention of a ribbon-cutting event... but a rally from Lake Oswego to Vista House, to The Dalles suercharger and lunch, to Multnomah Falls and the Washington Square Mall Tesla store at the end.

Supercharger Rally
Join Us for a Rally to the New Supercharger in The Dalles

Saturday
August 9, 2014

Start: 10am
Finish: 3pm

Oswego Lake Country Club
20 Iron Mountain Blvd
Lake Oswego, OR 97034
RSVP NOW

Tesla's newest Supercharger is now open in The Dalles, OR. This Supercharger supports eastbound travel from Portland through the Columbia River Gorge, Eastern Washington, and Idaho for free, for life.

To mark the milestone, join us and your fellow Tesla owners for a Model S rally to the Supercharger. Friends & family are welcome - emissions are not.
Supercharger Rally Route

Andy - Thanks

I will meet-up with group at the Dalles. Sounds like fun. As an owner in Eastern Washington who goes to Portland frequently, the new SuperCharger will let me shift the Model S from hypermile mode to fun mode.

Looking forward to tomorrow's excitement.

Nice turnout today! I counted 18 S's at one point. Nice to see Josh from HQ again. And nice to see so many green S's. Mine didn't feel so lonely. Of course, they were all from Oregon. Did you ever make it, Brianman? I left at 2 but didn't see ya. And I guess I must have just missed ya at Centralia (based on your last edit time).

For those coming back to Centralia from the Dalles in the future, I took the Wind River Highway north from Carson. It's a buck to cross the cool Bridge of the Gods over the Columbia. Great drive (very windy road and steep), but it's a nearly full range charge if you drive it aggressively. I was quite conservative (speed limit, limited A/C) until I left the west end of the Swift Reservoir. Made it to Centralia with 55 Range miles left (started with 248, I think). I'll leave off the part where I drove an extra 5 miles to the end of the road when I missed a turn.

I got there around 2:15pm. Traffic was the trouble.

TheDalles1A.jpg

I didn't see any other Sigs when I arrived.

Here are a couple of photo’s from ribbon cutting at The Dalles, OR. It really adds a lot of flexibility to north/south travel East of the Cascades. And as other Superchargers are added along the Oregon Trail (I-84), next year it will be possible to drive directly to Boise, Sun Valley, and Salt Lake City.

The Dalles SC to:

Washington:
Centralia SC - 165 miles
Ellensburg SC - 137 miles

Oregon:
Woodburn SC - 111 miles
Detroit Lake SC - 121 miles
Bend, OR - Two resorts have HPWCs - 148 miles
Bend to Grants Pass SC - 179 miles

California:
Bend to Mt. Shasta SC - 204 miles

Waiting to charge.jpg
The Dalles ribbon cutting.jpg

I plan to range charge my P85+ in Ritzville. I remember that the wind can be somewhat problematic between Ritzville and The Dalles. Do I need to be concerned about making it to The Dalles via Pasco? I would prefer not having to route through Ellensburg for their Supercharger.
Thanks,
Greg

I plan to range charge my P85+ in Ritzville. I remember that the wind can be somewhat problematic between Ritzville and The Dalles. Do I need to be concerned about making it to The Dalles via Pasco? I would prefer not having to route through Ellensburg for their Supercharger.
Thanks,
Greg

I'd say it shouldn't be a problem. Even if you have to slow down because of a head wind, it should be faster than going through Ellensburg.

I made this trip last week without problems. I got a range charge in Ritzville and didn't exceed the speed limit. The wind was not blowing hard that day and I got to The Dalles with 44 miles of range left.
My back-up plan, if I was consuming too much juice, was to top off the battery in Arlington (level 2 and CHAdeMO) or at a level 2 in Kennewick (perfection tire). On the return trip I decided to go north from The Dalles to the Ellensburg SC and then east to Ritzville because I was worried about going uphill to get to Ritzville.
I will be glad when the Tri-Cities SC goes in.

John