Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tumwater, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since this a major truck stop in the rear, has anyone considered that the not so convenient Superchargers in front are really just secondary to the installations of Megachargers for Tesla semi in the truck fueling area? The electric semis are coming but they will need convenient charging stations between major cities.

Since this a major truck stop in the rear, has anyone considered that the not so convenient Superchargers in front are really just secondary to the installations of Megachargers for Tesla semi in the truck fueling area? The electric semis are coming but they will need convenient charging stations between major cities.
It’s possible, but that’s at least two years from now. Perhaps the management wants to see how this works, or likes the idea of EVs charging for 30 min and buying junk food.

That isn't what is happening here.

Ya. Obviously MagaChargers will have to expand like the superchargers network did, but I suspect it’ll be a highly targeted build out first. Probably during the first year or two they’ll work closely with the customers that are first in line to take delivery. They’ll probably try to map out routine routes from a distribution hub to to large stores (think a warehouse to a big box store) or from a central processing plant to regional distribution hubs. Then build a megacharger along those routes if needed, but ideally work with the client to identify 300 to 400 mile routes and then just install charging equipment at the origin and destination. Eventually you’ll get multiple charge routes running, but initially I would think they would target runs that could be done on a single charge.

Still no progress, parking area was very busy DF22587D-40C9-475D-94BD-7F8659C6B80A.jpeg

Reactions: Yarder
I was by this site a long time ago and talked with the construction crew. There was a semi tanker truck refilling the truck stop underground storage tank. The cab of the semi was pulled into the two blocked off spots. One of the construction crew said they had to move the pedestal locations two spots to the East to accommodate the space required by the tanker. So I think these two spots are blocked off a lot - the cones were still there today at 2 PM local.

Damn. Just did SEATTLE to north hoodsport to Centralia (just to charge) and it was cutting it close. This spot is going to work perfect for my commutes to see family. Hopefully we see some progress before the end of the month! Keep us updated if anyone sees anything!

Reactions: cjhudson101
Awesome, but I am still convinced these will be iced more than used. I hope I'm wrong!

Probably, but again if they're ICEd, it'll probably be for minutes rather than hours. It'll be a huge pain, but hopefully waiting 5 minutes or less will yield someone pulling away after they hit the restroom or got some food. Maybe we'll see Tesla's just hanging out in the parking lot waiting for cars to move and essentially grinding traffic to a halt. Figure that'll actually piss off non-Tesla owners more, but what can we do? Oh!!! Maybe park at the pumps so not to block traffic while you wait for a car to leave, lol