Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

iwannam3

Aug 8, 2016
Washington
They are installing a supercharger at the Fred Meyer on 139th street in Salmon Creek neighborhood just 7 miles north of the OR/WS border on I-5. Away from the building, near the Three Creeks Library. The Level 1 and 2 chargers are next to the entrance to Freddie's and frequently iced.

Attachments

• KIMG0432[1].jpg
    KIMG0432[1].jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 395
  • KIMG0435[1].jpg
    KIMG0435[1].jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 259
Looks like the address is 800 NE Tenney Road, Vancouver WA 98685. I'll leave it to someone more ambitious than I to figure out how many stalls correspond to the number of conduits coming out of the ground.

On edit: I found a permit here for underground electrical work being done at the site by ADK Electric, which is the Vancouver WA based contractor that did most of the original superchargers in Washington and Oregon. I didn't find the permit for the superchargers themselves though.

Last edited:
Cool, this site isn't even shown on the Tesla map as a place they were planning to put a Supercharger site.

Are you positive it is a Supercharger install? (Did the contractor confirm it or how do you know?)

A worker said it was a supercharger site, previous post said the contractor had done many Tesla install in Oregon & Wash. He had no idea when it would be operable, I'll post as it progresses. Maybe it will be ready when I get my model 3! I signed up 1 hour after the signup started. I read a rumor that all, most, or some? Fred Meyers were getting superchargers. I found that hard to believe since most aren't near freeways like this one. Fred Meyer is the
supercharger.jpg
large building on the right.

I read a rumor that all, most, or some? Fred Meyers were getting superchargers. I found that hard to believe since most aren't near freeways like this one.
You're thinking big cities. But remember the smaller town paradigm, where this will be more prevalent. The area is smaller so everything is close to the highway. So this Fred Meyer/Kroger partnership works really well in getting to have Superchargers in medium sized cities of a couple hundred thousand people. Look at Bend Oregon; that's another Fred Meyer Supercharger. There isn't any place in the city that's more than a couple miles from the highways.

So this Fred Meyer/Kroger partnership works really well in getting to have Superchargers in medium sized cities of a couple hundred thousand people. Look at Bend Oregon; that's another Fred Meyer Supercharger. There isn't any place in the city that's more than a couple miles from the highways.

Yep, same with the Supercharger at the Fred Meyer in Sandy, OR.

There is a Fred Meyer in Wood Village, OR that is a couple miles from I-84 that could be a good location as well. The parking lot is fairly busy, but there are plenty of spaces away from the stores. I just don't know if Fred Meyer owns any of the lot since it is an outdoor "mall" with multiple stores, so that might take it out of the running.

Reactions: Yarder
Yep, same with the Supercharger at the Fred Meyer in Sandy, OR.

There is a Fred Meyer in Wood Village, OR that is a couple miles from I-84 that could be a good location as well. The parking lot is fairly busy, but there are plenty of spaces away from the stores. I just don't know if Fred Meyer owns any of the lot since it is an outdoor "mall" with multiple stores, so that might take it out of the running.
Fred Meyer (now Kroger) is the property owner for their sites, leasing out the pad buildings - don't know specifically on Wood Vlg (that's the one with Lowes behind, right?), but that's their typical M.O.

I've been saying for a couple of years they needed a supercharger at the I-205/I-5 junction in Vancouver. I'll have to check out the site next time I'm up in Salmon Creek.

This is a site that's good for multi-Interstate travel.
It splits Centralia, WA (I-5) to The Dalles, OR (I-84) which is currently a 165 mile gap.

Also good for skipping. It's 121 miles from Springfield, OR. Springfield, OR to Centralia, WA is 197 miles.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Yay and keeping fingers crossed!!! Definitely some kind of EVSE according to the LNI permit page:

upload_2017-11-2_13-5-33.png

Unlikely to be a second charging point as BLINK already have CHAdeMO and J1772 in place closer to the store. I may venture to guess at least 12 SC stalls as the latest FM SC I know of was Monroe, WA that has 6 pull-fwd/6 back-in.

upload_2017-11-2_13-7-29.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-2_13-5-3.png
    upload_2017-11-2_13-5-3.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 203
This is a site that's good for multi-Interstate travel.
It splits Centralia, WA (I-5) to The Dalles, OR (I-84) which is currently a 165 mile gap.

Also good for skipping. It's 121 miles from Springfield, OR. Springfield, OR to Centralia, WA is 197 miles.
Well, travel between Springfield, OR and Centralia, WA is well-served by Woodburn, OR SC. With this SC, the longest gap would be 77 miles.

At least this thread is in the correct forum. The other thread is in the wrong place.

Use the “Report” button to bring something to the moderator’s attention. They are all volunteers who have day jobs and may not have the time to read every single post made in every forum they are responsible for.

I have made a report and requested that the other thread be merged with this one.