TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Wichita Falls, TX

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by BerTX, Feb 9, 2018.

1. reddy

reddy Member

It's listed at the same address as Steak and Shake, 101 US Highway 287 "East of Highway 148, West of Building"

I am circling the region of interest.

Henrietta.JPG

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  2. TX-T3sla

TX-T3sla Member

It’s the Steak & Shake on the frontage road of hwy 287 and intersection of hwy 148. Here are the coordinates from Google Maps: (33.8003189, -98.1963211)

• Informative x 1
  3. mike123abc

mike123abc Member

I sure hope that is not the location of a supercharger. It is well outside of Wichita Falls, and would not help the OKC to Abilene I44 traffic. It would be 21 miles out of Wichita Falls (a town of about 100k population) in Heniretta (a town of 3k population).

I will be in WF tomorrow morning, I will try to remember to go by there and see what is going on...

• Disagree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  4. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

Henrietta probably has no ICE dealers...

• Like x 1
  5. gbrgbr

gbrgbr Member

i'd love to see it built. Henrietta/Wichita Falls doesn't matter. would make Houston-Santa Fe and Houston-Colorado much easier.

• Like x 2
  6. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

The population is irrelevant. It’s not for locals, it’s for travelers on US 287 from Dallas-Fort Worth area to Amarillo, and on to Colorado, New Mexico, or the west coast. That dwarfs the “OKC to Abilene” traffic by an order of magnitude or more. We’ve been waiting for this for about four years of “coming soon”.

• Like x 6
  7. 1937lowboy

1937lowboy New Member

I know where that is now. I will go there tomorrow and see whats going on.

• Like x 1
  8. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

Only Chevrolet/Buick and Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. Maybe not enough car dealers.

• Funny x 2
  9. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

That's what happens when you ass u me :oops:

• Funny x 2
  10. mike123abc

mike123abc Member

4BA2D5FB-C181-457A-907E-B7CCF17B4009.jpeg 3D39BF8E-75BE-4108-AA23-1A065C4E81B0.jpeg 601C7CF2-5520-43CA-999C-780E45F265DC.jpeg D26AE70A-2CB3-4B11-9140-F7F3CDA12B48.jpeg Well yes 12 stalls. Late summer opening. Looks like 250 kW per stall with 12,000 amp 480volt service being put in. I saw the Tesla all over the plans.

• Like x 9
    • Informative x 7
    • Love x 4
  11. mike123abc

mike123abc Member

116AD4D2-7015-41E1-924D-B41B07F0EEC0.jpeg

• Like x 3
  12. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Grouchy

Thanks Mike! Good news indeed. If they'd just get started on the one needed between Amarillo and Trinidad CO I'd be ecstatic.

Mike

• Like x 2
  13. gbrgbr

gbrgbr Member

whoo hoo, thanks for the pictures.

14. eladts

eladts Member

• Like x 3
  15. reddy

reddy Member

Mike, thanks for the photos so quickly. I wish it would be ready by the time i pass through in the next month. From this stage, it looks about a month or more to completion. The roadblocks seem to be getting the transformer and meter installed, and final activation by Tesla. Since this is a highly requested link , lets hope they give it the appropriate level of priority.

• Like x 1
  16. TX-T3sla

TX-T3sla Member

• Like x 1
  17. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

That's exciting!

18. rafacq

rafacq Member

This is such great news. Now do not get me wrong, I am excited about this news. But I think Tesla should have installed the SC here first, then later Childress! Just a thought. What do you guys think?

19. mike123abc

mike123abc Member

I asked if I could take a picture of the site layout from the plans. They said they could not let me since they had to sign non disclosures. They mentioned that the permit was actually done last summer. Clay county inspector was there for a bit to check out the work.

In the shot with the backhoe you can see the electric pole they are boring towards. It is a 3 phase connection they will be pulling. Oncor says that there is enough power to that pole for them...

The actual hardware is not scheduled to be there until late July (just two months away).

I would have loved to have some quality time with the plans. But, they were keeping them private. They are pulling enough power for V3, but I could not see if that is what they are doing. The most I saw of the plans was the big Tesla on the front page and a bunch of Tesla logos on various pages as they flipped through them.

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 3
  20. Ryefry

Ryefry Member

Wonderful location. Hope they do more travel plazas like this.

• Like x 1