Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Winnipeg, MB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just tried it and still not active.

Attachments

• IMG_20191117_091046.jpg
    IMG_20191117_091046.jpg
    585.8 KB · Views: 107
Yes, several comments on these posts have mentioned that new superchargers can be active for up to a week before they show up on the car's map and info.

So,, the only way to know if it is working is to plug in? Over 14000 Superchargers have been turned on and there is no way of knowing its active until you plug it in? I might be going on trip this week.

So,, the only way to know if it is working is to plug in? Over 14000 Superchargers have been turned on and there is no way of knowing its active until you plug it in? I might be going on trip this week.
For ones open but not yet on the app, this forum is the best place to find out. Generally the locals keep an eye out and let everyone know when it's turned on.

Not what I meant. Brand new superchargers will not show on the car's trip planner for maybe as long as a week after they go live. You can still charge on them before they show on the map. So at most, a dozen or so at a time in North America and at worst maybe one or two in your area will be live but not listed. (We'll see what the result is with the TransCanada, how fast they get added to the sites).

Other comments on this board pointed out that Plugshare updates Supercharger locations only from Tesla official notices, the general public can only add non-Tesla and less powerful Tesla chargers; this to avoid misleading entries that might get some motorist stranded.

I stopped in to the Polo Park site today and met a fellow with a model 3. The chargers are still not activated. They are in a very awkward spot in the parking lot. I wonder if the spot was chosen so that they could be fitted out with a solar canopy in the future? The parking lot was very busy as it was around noon when I was there but my car was the only ICE car parked in the charging stalls. Only there to chat for a few minutes. I must say that I am very excited about the adoption of EVs in Canada and hope to be able to have one myself soon.