Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Winnipeg, MB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want to take a ride and see how it feels without going to Minneapolis or Calgary, send me a pm and the next time you are in Brandon, you can take a test drive iñ mine. Personally don't think the clearance would be a problem and doubt there would be a problem with the sensors IMHO. But having said that, I haven't driven it in the winter on country roads.
I was able to drive a Model 3 this past March for a week. Turo (the AirBnB of cars) is a great way to try these cars out. I would love to get an X as you have the ability to raise and lower the clearance but the increased cost would negate any fuel savings from the Tahoe we have.
Thanks for the offer though

I
I was able to drive a Model 3 this past March for a week. Turo (the AirBnB of cars) is a great way to try these cars out. I would love to get an X as you have the ability to raise and lower the clearance but the increased cost would negate any fuel savings from the Tahoe we have.
Thanks for the offer though
I think the folks in MacGregor have a used x for sale . 4 way motors. Give them a call.

A friend sent this to me just now. Looks like they are basically finished, the front cases are on now.
received_434836450568476.jpeg

Looking like they will be putting on their traveling shoes, soon. Was the site all cleaned up or will they need to spend another day there cleaning up the site?

I asked my friend, he said the fences are still up but other than that there is no other equipment on site. Looks like they have moved on to the next one. Will be really exciting when they activate the whole #1 Highway! Glad I got my Tesla in August, and that I will be able to take it on a road trip either east or west next summer!

Reactions: wdelacruz
I'll have to check on the Brandon site tomorrow morning. I expect to see them there unless they went home for a bit of R & R.
AFIK the only Tesla site left is Brandon.
The real question is - how much of North of Superior is left to do? (Excluding Bechwana Bay maybe?) There's always the possibility they want the big news splash to be "ALL THE TRANSCANADA is open..."

Reactions: wdelacruz
The real question is - how much of North of Superior is left to do? (Excluding Bechwana Bay maybe?) There's always the possibility they want the big news splash to be "ALL THE TRANSCANADA is open..."

I was kind of hoping that they will open the whole Transcanada Highway at the Truck Event in 2 weeks. I definitely see them opening it all at once.

It looks like there are almost ready. No power yet. Tried them yesterday.

Just drove by at 5:30PM today and nothing happening. They have the scaffolding installed for repairing the upper parking ramp but no excavations. There's a grassy bank against the south side of the ramp that might be the ideal location and fenced off like under the ramp, but no indication they are leveling it or digging down (or how power might reach there). I worry the trailer occupants might have been pulling someone's leg.View attachment 435542
It seems like construction for the Winnipeg Supercharger will be starting soon, with an office trailer on site at the CF Polo Park mall near the parking garage on the Southeast corner of the mall. User @Andy O talked to the manager inside the office, who said there would be 10 stalls at this location (unknown if it will be Urban or Regular stalls). Will wait for actual ground breaking before changing the pin on Supercharge info.

Original quotes below:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191111_131545_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111_131545_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 69
If I had to guess - they want to say "You can travel the entire Trans-Canada" when they turn it on. The holdups now seem to be - Upsala, Ignace, Nipigon (Bachawana seems to me to be a maybe, maybe not). Plus, the efficiency of the privatized Ontario Hydro seems to be a factor from some of the posts which suggest the utility's transformer installs are a hold-up in places. .

If I had to guess - they want to say "You can travel the entire Trans-Canada" when they turn it on. The holdups now seem to be - Upsala, Ignace, Nipigon (Bachawana seems to me to be a maybe, maybe not). Plus, the efficiency of the privatized Ontario Hydro seems to be a factor from some of the posts which suggest the utility's transformer installs are a hold-up in places. .

Nothing stopping them claiming "you can travel the entire T-C" when they finally bring the last spike online, instead of holding everybody up in the meantime.

Well, the other point is they start paying the hydro company as soon as they turn it on, even if there are holes in the route so few people use some of the more remote chargers.

Of course, they could have turned on the prairie route anytime in the last week or so - it's all ready. That would guarantee it's there for people to use and a complete route from Winnipeg west.