Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We stopped at this Supercharger as our first stop after starting from San Diego and headed to Tucson. These were not fast chargers by any means, but if you plan to walk the old town main street, you wont be in a hurry.

I had researched the area the night before and found that there is actually quite a bit to see just a block away. The supercharger was empty when we arrived and we walked the 8 minutes towards the old town area with our two dogs, finding a bunch of grass along the way - a rare find at Superchargers in southern Arizona. Upon returning, we saw 2 other cars in stalls, the same 2 cars we would see at other chargers along the way.

We ate lunch at a great brewery called Prison Hill Brewing Company. Great beer selection, and pretty decent food. Bathrooms available inside.

On our return back to San Diego, we tried the Pint House which is across the main street and also found it to be a good waiting spot.

Yuma was quiet, partly because of the Thanksgiving weekend, but also because of the pandemic and a lot of stores being closed. But its worth checking out the downtown area.
I really like walking down that Old Town area as well. One time I was there late at night and I was the only one there and it was surreal.

Charged here Friday night around 9pm. Pretty quiet, one other car here as well. Don't forget that the stalls adjacent to one another are not paired, they are grouped 1A/2A/3A/4A then 1B/2B/3B/4C.

Downtown area is definitely "cute" and good places to eat nearby. Someone needs to leave some of the Bird scooters around Yuma by the SC to make for even quicker trips down Main St. Pretty warm here during the day even in Nov if you are in the sun. In the shade, it's not bad.

Reactions: tmoz
Expansion is underway with 4 temporary chargers. They should be going live any day now. Also found out that another supercharger site in Yuma with V3 chargers has been confirmed and will start construction in a few months

Attachments

• E0B2F90D-5E5C-4D5F-80E0-37E4F15BDF34.jpeg
    E0B2F90D-5E5C-4D5F-80E0-37E4F15BDF34.jpeg
    573.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 366985A8-E2B6-44C2-9E85-65F21064B091.jpeg
    366985A8-E2B6-44C2-9E85-65F21064B091.jpeg
    758.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 540013E1-64F0-428B-804E-E3CA26D3B752.jpeg
    540013E1-64F0-428B-804E-E3CA26D3B752.jpeg
    389.3 KB · Views: 90
Expansion is underway with 4 temporary chargers. They should be going live any day now. Also found out that another supercharger site in Yuma with V3 chargers has been confirmed and will start construction in a few months
And that's a new style of temporary supercharger pallet. In the past we've only seen the traditional V2 or urban style ones, now they're doing V3 superchargers on pallets, too. Nice.

Hate to say this, but the pallet on the left is just placed wrong

Yeah, it needs to be moved ~4 or 5 ft. to the right. Nice that they learned about the layout advantage of having 3 charging posts on a pallet from their urban-style ones. But it doesn't work if the contractor doesn't place them in the right spot.

And that's a new style of temporary supercharger pallet. In the past we've only seen the traditional V2 or urban style ones, now they're doing V3 superchargers on pallets, too. Nice.
Yeah, I noticed the same thing - V3 Supercharger on a pallet is new.

Down the road in El Centro, they also installed 8 temporary posts, though they are the older style with V2 cabinets and urban style post.

Reactions: Tdreamer
Thought it was interesting that those are the same sort of wires used in the recent Mountain Village, CO Supercharger installation, from the green copper ground to the big aluminum cables for the hots:

Mountain Village Superchargers2486sf 8-28-21.jpg

Reactions: tbenitez12
I don’t post here much but I know that Tesla has an application into the local utility to install a supercharger at 11235 S Fortuna Road. It was submitted in January 2022. I’m sure this new Supercharger location should live on another thread?

Reactions: Sparky1