Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess Brisbane locals should start scouring Google Maps for likely sites... the end closer to the M1 exit would be appropriate...

Any idea on timeframe?
Better to drive around as they may find some Tesla equipment which won't show on google for years. I suggest contacting LGGD first as he seems to know something and can maybe narrow the search a little! Maybe LGGD will get a Christmas present from Tesla this year! Although I am sure a service centre on the Gold Coast would be even better, maybe after model 3 launch.

Better to drive around as they may find some Tesla equipment which won't show on google for years. I suggest contacting LGGD first as he seems to know something and can maybe narrow the search a little! Maybe LGGD will get a Christmas present from Tesla this year! Although I am sure a service centre on the Gold Coast would be even better, maybe after model 3 launch.

I meant Brisbane locals to scour the area on Google Maps for possible locations and *then* go and physically check them :)

Ha. No chance of this year. Maybe by later next year.

Capture3.JPG

Hi ShockOnT
As chuq found it is indicated as Cooma/Jindabine [sic] on the Tesla website, I would much prefer Cooma as I mostly drive between Sydney, Albury and Merimbula as my sister lives in Albury and they have a holiday house in Merimbula. Cooma is central to all and a great place to stop, Jindabyne is better for the snow but not as big a crossroads as Cooma.

Cooma/Jindabine

That one's Bunbury. For those playing along at home, Lorne, Bathurst and Cooma (listed as Cooma/Jindabine [sic]) are the other dots.

NZ are Hamilton, Turangi and Sansom.

I hope Tesla builds these soon as they are all in great locations but I guess we will have the same mad dash in Oct/Nov/Dec 2017 as we had in 2016/2015... maybe we can start a bet as to the one that will be completed in H12017 like Goulburn and Port Macquarie, Cooma is good for the snow, Bathurst good for lots of weekend trips from Sydney but would also be good to see Brisbane or Keith to show expansion into a third state. Keith would allow trips to Adelaide with an overnight in Horsham maybe at the destination charger...

Hi ShockOnT
As chuq found it is indicated as Cooma/Jindabine [sic] on the Tesla website, I would much prefer Cooma as I mostly drive between Sydney, Albury and Merimbula as my sister lives in Albury and they have a holiday house in Merimbula. Cooma is central to all and a great place to stop, Jindabyne is better for the snow but not as big a crossroads as Cooma.

Cooma/Jindabine

I hope Tesla builds these soon as they are all in great locations but I guess we will have the same mad dash in Oct/Nov/Dec 2017 as we had in 2016/2015... maybe we can start a bet as to the one that will be completed in H12017 like Goulburn and Port Macquarie, Cooma is good for the snow, Bathurst good for lots of weekend trips from Sydney but would also be good to see Brisbane or Keith to show expansion into a third state. Keith would allow trips to Adelaide with an overnight in Horsham maybe at the destination charger...
Thanks for the info. Bathurst would be very useful too, I recently went to Orange and it was a bit of a stretch.

Given 6 superchargers announced for 2017, 6 in 2016, 6 in dec 2014/15. Where are the 6 for 2018 going to be???

Some candidates could be

Adelaide (Service centre)
Perth (Service centre)
Traralgon (W VIC)
Gympie QLD
Nowra (NSW S coast)
Campbell Town (TAS)

Last one is tough as QLD should really have more than 2 superchargers especially given 2 in SA and 2 in WA. Obviously at this rate it will take a long time to cover AUS but maybe model 3 sales will be high enough to justify more than 6 per year moving forward. Looks like Tesla has a good opportunity to be a major/only player in AUS EV market till 2020.

Given 6 superchargers announced for 2017, 6 in 2016, 6 in dec 2014/15. Where are the 6 for 2018 going to be???

Some candidates could be

Adelaide (Service centre)
Perth (Service centre)
Traralgon (W VIC)
Gympie QLD
Nowra (NSW S coast)
Campbell Town (TAS)

Last one is tough as QLD should really have more than 2 superchargers especially given 2 in SA and 2 in WA. Obviously at this rate it will take a long time to cover AUS but maybe model 3 sales will be high enough to justify more than 6 per year moving forward. Looks like Tesla has a good opportunity to be a major/only player in AUS EV market till 2020.

I don't believe superchargers all the way to Cairns is unreasonable in 2018, Adelaide and Perth service centres should be sooner than that!