Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, although Hay is already coming!

Green markers here are Mildura and the 3 "flow on" locations. Plus Narrandera circled.

1705288848910.png

Reactions: Quickst
I wholeheartedly agree with more DCFC in rural towns. While in the city there may be a congestion issue, there are many places you simply can't even drive to due to the lack of chargers. Further there are places you can drive to, but are high risk due to only having 1 NRMA charger available. Should that not be working you are SOL with next closest chargers being >100km away.
Wholeheartedly agree here.

I was looking at the possibility of hitting Uluru early next year - and I realise charging situation may change in between now and then, but from my analysis on Plugshare, 1 dead charger along the way and you're pretty much toast, unless in my newbishness, I have misunderstood/misread.

I think Mildura is a great result specifically for that reason. Tesla doesn't like to build isolated superchargers. By building Mildura it will mean that they will also build places like Berri, Balranald, and perhaps Wycheproof. Three/four sites for the price of one! We may not even need to nominate/vote for those ones, they'll happen naturally now.
On the other hand, Dubbo has been there for a very long time with no action on the rest of the Newell Hwy.

Reactions: johnchidgey
Yep, although Hay is already coming!

Green markers here are Mildura and the 3 "flow on" locations. Plus Narrandera circled.

View attachment 1008981
Will be awesome to have a more complete/reliable path along the top there from Adelaide to Canberra/Sydney so we dont have to go the bottom way..
Im meant to be in Sydney in August, but i might have to go via Albury..

Screenshot 2024-01-15 192251.png

Reactions: Zoltrix77
Will be awesome to have a more complete/reliable path along the top there from Adelaide to Canberra/Sydney so we dont have to go the bottom way..
Im meant to be in Sydney in August, but i might have to go via Albury..

View attachment 1008998
I’m a fan of the 737 route 38,000 ft over mildura, especially when I only need to be in sydney for half a day. Car stays at airport for a free charge.

In the interests of historical accuracy, I'm adding some of the early/deleted superchargers back into supercharge.info (back in the day, there wasn't a "permanently closed" status, so the entries were deleted).
The developers behind sc.info have helpfully added some code to allow editors to add and back-date these entries correctly, without spamming the "changes" page or causing it to get fed out to social media such as the @superchargefeed account. They should still appears in the changes tab if you scroll back to the dates when the site changes actually occurred.

I've just done this with The Star (Pyrmont) - please let me know if you see any weirdness. You should be able to find it if you enable "permanently closed" superchargers on the map screen. (see black X icon below)

Thanks to unofficial Tesla Australia historian @meloccom for recording some of these opening dates in previous threads!

1706679612886.png

If this looks OK I'll do the others later on (old sleds at Euroa, Bathurst, etc). I won't post on the individual threads otherwise I'll be bumping a bunch of old ones to the front for no reason, I'll just note it here!