Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Hawaii (location speculation, general discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: TerranApart
Yes.

Teslas' have an embedded security certificates in the software. Two of those functions for the security certificates are to identify the Tesla to the Tesla servers for OTAs and the other for Superchargers. When the Supercharger system recognizes the specific Tesla it enables charging. The leaf does not have Tesla security certificates. Even if the Leaf could plug in, there is no completion of the handshake between the Leaf and the Tesla system to authorize the charging.

Last edited:
New permit for "electric vehicle charging station" at 322 Aoloa St in Kailua: Honolulu Internet Permit System - Building Permit

Based on the price, probably not a supercharger, but another spot on which to keep tabs.

That’s an apartment complex off a private road, so probably not anything that will be usable by the general public, unfortunately.

Doesn’t the Tesla website have a “coming soon” for Superchargers in Kailua?

One Call Concepts Ticket List

Do these permits mean anything? Both are new tickets and state "Vertical Bores" for "Tesla Inc". I am not in your state, so I will leave it to whoever wants to set up these respective locations supercharger forum pages and probable listings on supercharge.info if in fact they are superchargers.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
One Call Concepts Ticket List

Do these permits mean anything? Both are new tickets and state "Vertical Bores" for "Tesla Inc". I am not in your state, so I will leave it to whoever wants to set up these respective locations supercharger forum pages and probable listings on supercharge.info if in fact they are superchargers.
Not for superchargers. I think those are probably for Tesla's grid-scale battery systems that they are going to be building in Hawaii.