Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Southern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not-on-target_o_6250847.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: WalterB and K3Man
Nice first post. It looks like the topic is on schedule for discussion tomorrow. If you happen to find a link to the meeting's minutes, that would be great.
The thread on the location has a copy of the project proposal from the agenda: Supercharger - Pasadena (PROPOSED for 155 E. Green St., 24 Urban, 20 DCFC)

But we'll likely have to wait a bit for the minutes to get transcribed and posted. Hopefully RubberToe will be able to make it to the meeting and will report on the outcome in that thread.

Now I have a Supercharger 2 miles from home, and another one 1.5 mile from my work. I will probably never use either one of those as I got free charging (solar) at home. So sad LOL.

If you live in the Inland Empire you're 15 miles within 4 Superchargers
• Fontana
• Rancho Cucamonga
• San Bernardino
• Riverside

I also hardly use superchargers only use it on roadtrips. I charge at home and at work.
Note: I don't have free supercharging either

Last edited:
If you live in the Inland Empire you're 15 minutes within 4 Superchargers
• Fontana
• Rancho Cucamonga
• San Bernardino
• Riverside

I also hardly use superchargers only use it on roadtrips. I charge at home and at work.
Note: I don't have free supercharging either

My commute is 1 to 10 min from all of those SC and Santa Ana, Fountain Valley, and Westminster. Also the Anaheim Hill one at 91 and the Huntington Beach one opening soon will be also within 10 min once they opened. :p I only charged once on my Model 3 since August last year at a Supercharger... the first day I got it.. just to see if it works LOL. They never actually charged my credit card.. $5.40 total. Still showing on my Charging screen every time I bring it up.

We supercharge my wife's MX (free lifetime supercharge) only on trips also. My wife was talking to another person about her Tesla the other day. The first question he asked was "Is it to find charging stations to charge the car?" My wife said "No, I charge it at home." That person had no idea you could charge an EV at home. I guess a lot of people think of EV in terms of an ICE car where you have to find a station to charge it when it is "out of gas."

Last edited:
Reactions: follow.johnny
The absence of any chargers along the 10 or 60 heading west after Riverside or San Bernardino is really problematic. I was surprised it took them as long to announce chargers in Pasadena, and even still, the 10 is neglected despite being one of the major east-west Interstates .

Except if you're in Chino Hills (like me), in which case you're smack dab in the middle of a 25 mile dead zone, haha

The absence of any chargers along the 10 or 60 heading west after Riverside or San Bernardino is really problematic. I was surprised it took them as long to announce chargers in Pasadena, and even still, the 10 is neglected despite being one of the major east-west Interstates .

I agree with both of you on needing a SC along the 10W/60W Freeway. They are working on a SC in Chino Hills (See thread)
Supercharger - Chino Hills (permit not found, location speculation)

Yep, nothing between the 5 and the 15 in the Greater LA area until Anaheim Hills is finished. And that's only really covering the very southern section.