Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
CRACKED windshield bump :-(

Any of you guys have experience replacing a Model S windshield? I'm open to any ideas or suggestions. I'm just assuming that this is more expensive and involved than it would be with a non-Tesla.

I have the glass roof, but at least the windshield is separate from the roof unlike the X. As for now, I'm just hoping it doesn't spread into my line of sight. I didn't see it but I heard a loud CRACK, looked for damage while driving and didn't find anything. Then a few minutes later, I see a crack coming up from the bottom on the passenger side. By the time I stopped, there was another crack coming up on the driver side :-( Gonna be really annoying if they keep growing! The main ding is at the very bottom of the windshield which can't be seen from the inside of the car.

Any of you guys have experience replacing a Model S windshield? I'm open to any ideas or suggestions. I'm just assuming that this is more expensive and involved than it would be with a non-Tesla.

I have the glass roof, but at least the windshield is separate from the roof unlike the X. As for now, I'm just hoping it doesn't spread into my line of sight. I didn't see it but I heard a loud CRACK, looked for damage while driving and didn't find anything. Then a few minutes later, I see a crack coming up from the bottom on the passenger side. By the time I stopped, there was another crack coming up on the driver side :-( Gonna be really annoying if they keep growing! The main ding is at the very bottom of the windshield which can't be seen from the inside of the car.

Ouch sorry!! Sounds like it’s too late for an epoxy fix. I think windshields run around a grand. I’d probably call Tesla service along your route and see if they’re stocked or if they could get one positioned along your itinerary.
Any idea where you’re headed? ;)

Nevada: Henderson

Any of you guys have experience replacing a Model S windshield? I'm open to any ideas or suggestions. I'm just assuming that this is more expensive and involved than it would be with a non-Tesla. <snip>

Ouch sorry!! Sounds like it’s too late for an epoxy fix. I think windshields run around a grand. I’d probably call Tesla service along your route and see if they’re stocked or if they could get one positioned along your itinerary.
Any idea where you’re headed? ;) Nevada: Henderson

Been there - done that. It always stinks especially when on a road trip. Mine happened just shy of Moab, UT so I had a few days of intense sun / heat at day and very cold nights but the chip at the top only spread halfway across the passenger and middle of the windshield. I went through my Insurance so I just had my deductible to pay.

Safelite didn't want to do it so I got to wait for the Service Center to get a windshield and to the replacement. It's only tricky because if a non-Tesla place replaces it then they aren't able to align the AP cameras. I've heard of Safelite (or others) going TO the Service Center and then the Tesla Tech takes over once it is installed so YMMV.

I believe you can get a windshield replaced in ... Mexico City ... no, wait, Seattle so you'd better high-tail it back there and don't pass Go ! :D

We had that happen on our trip in 2016 on our (then) brand new S90D. It happened while driving across the Canadian prairies (in Saskatchewan I think). It was a little ding at first, but soon spread from top to bottom of the windshield. We went to a regular auto glass place and they said they couldn't do it. We tried to arrange a repair with Tesla along our route, but that didn't work out, so we drove for another several weeks like that, down the West coast and back to NJ. We got it repaired at our local Service Center when we got home.

Day 5 - I added Custer, SD and Spearfish, SD. We also drove part of the Needles Highway, which was spectacular. We're in Billings, MT tonight, heading to Great Falls, MT tomorrow, stopping in Helena so that my wife can visit the Archie Bray Foundation. There are no new SpC's for tomorrow. My total is now 493.
BTW, the air quality in Montana is quite poor - very smoky from all the wildfires further west. We thought we were heading into bad storms several times yesterday and it turned out that the smoky air was making things look worse that they were.

@PLUS EV yeah, been there done that.

2012 S's had a known issue because of a hyperactive robot installing the windshield. #1 replaced as Goodwill almost a year (more than a year later?). The crack spot was distinctive and all you needed was a sharp change in temp/humidity (somewhat hard to come by in the Bay Area).

Long road trip 1.5 years ago, caught a rock somewhere in AZ or NM, called my Service guy at Burlingame, he set up the replacement in North Houston when I was getting that pesky rHVJB fixed.

In between I've used Safelite twice for quick repairs, last was somewhere in Utah.

And wouldn't you know it, a week ago, driving down the 101 to work, caught a rock, hated the sound, waited for the fun. So banal. 10minutes later it was 6". Today, 16" and calling SvC.

@JSergeant you would have gotten bonus points for Custer SC if you showed up for Sounds of Silence. :p

I should just drive my wife's 3, but I walk by NKYTA first; she "presents" first. Got the old gal today - she still has it!

Safe travels guys.

Just got back from a quick trip to Chicago.

2600 miles, 55.5 hours, 41 new superchargers.

Almost ran out of juice Morgantown to La Vale. I'm not very experienced with elevation, but I remember @Bighorn saying going slower up hills conserves, so I went 55 on the last ascent. I was worried when I had 3 rated and 8 to go, but I trusted the instrumentation and arrived with 3.

Arrived at Allentown and it was CLOSED!! Police and fire had entire shopping center blocked off, and had cut (wires were dangling!) power to the buildings and traffic lights were out. Gas line was struck. Not sure if there was power to the superchargers. I was VERY lucky. I had fallen asleep at Carlisle, so had enough charge to make it to Paramus which is not far out of the way for me. If I had rolled in with my usual 10 miles remaining, I would have had a long wait. I called Tesla to let them know so they could make it as unavailable, but as of now status shows 8 of 8 available.

Reactions: Darren S
Just got back from a quick trip to Chicago.

2600 miles, 55.5 hours, 41 new superchargers.

Almost ran out of juice Morgantown to La Vale. I'm not very experienced with elevation, but I remember @Bighorn saying going slower up hills conserves, so I went 55 on the last ascent. I was worried when I had 3 rated and 8 to go, but I trusted the instrumentation and arrived with 3.

Arrived at Allentown and it was CLOSED!! Police and fire had entire shopping center blocked off, and had cut (wires were dangling!) power to the buildings and traffic lights were out. Gas line was struck. Not sure if there was power to the superchargers. I was VERY lucky. I had fallen asleep at Carlisle, so had enough charge to make it to Paramus which is not far out of the way for me. If I had rolled in with my usual 10 miles remaining, I would have had a long wait. I called Tesla to let them know so they could make it as unavailable, but as of now status shows 8 of 8 available.

Yes that was fortuitous to not need the Allentown charger and glad it all worked out for you. That's a nice chunk of new locations also.

Yep, I prefer elevation changes as opposed to dead-flat midwest and other places. I travel that I-68 stretch a number of times. Good job conserving and making it to the supercharger although there are a few backup HPWC along that route if you wouldn't have been able to make it.

That's a great road trip average and that included charging, eating, napping, etc? I just did a 'short' trip to Boston and probably your neck of the woods which was a mere 1,760 miles but took 47 hrs as I took longer breaks a few times than I normally do and of course the traffic through Manhattan and Brooklyn on a Saturday morning added about 3-5 hrs easily.

Love that drive along I-68! I discovered western PA for the first time when I went cross country in 2016.

No breaks - just follow my rule that if I am charging more than15 minutes, put the seat back, pull out my pillow, and close my eyes - and wake up naturally. But 48 hours is really the limit for me for that approach. After two days I need a shower and a bed. I drink water, and bring a small amount of food and that is all I eat.

My wife is away for a week - I dropped her at the airport Wed morning, and kept going. I would have gone longer (with a hotel stop) and gotten a bunch more, but I had to be back for Saturday.

Nice being in the 200s - so much rich territory out there just waiting for me. :)

Love that drive along I-68! I discovered western PA for the first time when I went cross country in 2016.

No breaks - just follow my rule that if I am charging more than15 minutes, put the seat back, pull out my pillow, and close my eyes - and wake up naturally. But 48 hours is really the limit for me for that approach. After two days I need a shower and a bed. I drink water, and bring a small amount of food and that is all I eat.

My wife is away for a week - I dropped her at the airport Wed morning, and kept going. I would have gone longer (with a hotel stop) and gotten a bunch more, but I had to be back for Saturday.

Nice being in the 200s - so much rich territory out there just waiting for me. :)

Ok, just making sure you were counting total time including charging and breaks (some people don't). Agreed that for the 2-3 day bonzai trip it is possible to just motor along and nap as necessary. I'm wondering what my trip average will be on the next bit road trip but always build in some optional loops that can be avoided to save time or make up for lost time so that's part of the fun of planning trips now.

You are well into the 200s and inside the Top 10 now. I had some enjoyable scenic trips up in your area to avoid the congestion on the Interstate on the way up to Framingham and Mansfield then hopped on the big roads on the return trip.

upload_2018-8-24_14-39-12.png

Reactions: juliusa
At least I beat you to Vancouver BC;)

I got a surprise when I walked out the back door of the hotel where I'm staying in Charlottesville VA and saw a Supercharger, I had no idea. Too bad I flew here. Does it count if ride around the block with someone else's car and plug it in?:)

Technically, yes, as the rules don't clarify this but that's why I was lobbying months ago for an additional item that said you had to drive >50% of the distance to the charger in order to count it. In this case, technically, you could hop in their car and ride for 2 ft and then drive their car 3 ft to the charger and yes that is >50% of the distance but that is not what I'd say is in the spirit of the game. :p

I also don't feel it is 'fair' to be a passenger for 1,495 miles and then drive the car 5 miles to the charger from the last Hotel stop and count a charger that is 1,500 miles away from you as a new one when you only drive 5 of the 1,500 miles to get to it.

I'm a solo driver and my wife prefers not to drive it so I don't need to deal with those grey areas but I'm sure we all know what is best for the general idea of the game or challenge.

Got nailed hard with a rock dead center yesterday in Las Vegas. So far no sign of damage. Makes me wonder if the 3 is using different glass because I’d have expected at least a star on the S.

Love hearing all the stories! I think we might have hooked a new competitor or two:)