Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
how often have all y'all experienced them backed into a pull in stall?
The Supercharger in Manteca just off the highway has about 8 stalls that are pull thru so you can stop at the first charger in the first space, or continue to the second space. If you are in the first space and someone wants to use the second space they will have to back into it unless you move. I forget if the two chargers are paired (that would have been smart) but it means you can pull in to the second charger with a short trailer and not have it stick out too much into the lane (depending on it's length)

This is the ONLY place I have seen this configuration and the only place I have seen someone who "backed in", although they probably just drove in the wrong direction. This not only had their nose in the lane, but it had them using the charger for the space NEXT to the one their butt was in.

If Supercharging took a long time I would probably have said something, but I usually am only at this location long enough to hit the head in the Red Robin across the parking lot. There is also now a v3 Supercharger in town so lots of options.

The heatmap idea would be very nice to show Supercharger visits overall, not just initial check-ins for people. So, for example, if I charge at Williams, CA 41 times, it gets more intensity. Obviously we don't have the data to support that--just fantasizing. :)
We could do that now that we have supercharging.life. I've actually begun tracking most of my supercharging stops in supercharging.life already. If need to work with Drew to create a different type of feed to do that visualization. If more people stay recording all of their visits, we can look into it.

• Helpful
Reactions: CharleyBC
I looked and decided I will not make the trip. Maybe some day. I also looked at the ferry. That would actually be a very scenic 3 day journey, but the price is quite high.
I drove up to as far north as Fairbanks, toured pretty much all the paved highways of Alaska and the Yukon and then took the ferry home from Skagway to Bellingham back in 2005. Took about 3 weeks total. Late June/Early July. It was awesome!!

But the ferry was much cheaper back then and we were in an ICE so didn't have to deal with all the charging concerns. I'm pretty sure the ferry was <$1000 for two people with a car and interior cabin. The cabin was very modest: tiny with a bunk bed, no windows, but we did have our own bathroom. It beat the hell out of sleeping in chairs for 3 nights or setting up a tent out on the front deck. The latter is probably not that bad if you are up for an adventure, but you are really crammed in there with other people and their tents so it didn't look GREAT by any means.

The Supercharger in Manteca just off the highway has about 8 stalls that are pull thru so you can stop at the first charger in the first space, or continue to the second space. If you are in the first space and someone wants to use the second space they will have to back into it unless you move. I forget if the two chargers are paired (that would have been smart) but it means you can pull in to the second charger with a short trailer and not have it stick out too much into the lane (depending on it's length)

This is the ONLY place I have seen this configuration and the only place I have seen someone who "backed in", although they probably just drove in the wrong direction. This not only had their nose in the lane, but it had them using the charger for the space NEXT to the one their butt was in.

If Supercharging took a long time I would probably have said something, but I usually am only at this location long enough to hit the head in the Red Robin across the parking lot. There is also now a v3 Supercharger in town so lots of options.
Mammoth Lake, CA and Bandon, OR have similar configurations, as I recall. (How geeky is it when you have mental maps of all the Superchargers you've visited?)

• Funny
Reactions: Polly Wog and NKYTA
Mammoth Lake, CA and Bandon, OR have similar configurations, as I recall. (How geeky is it when you have mental maps of all the Superchargers you've visited?)
And the two chargers in a line are not paired to one another in Bandon (don't recall the pairing setup at Mammoth). Really stupid design.

It's hard to describe in a post, but let's imagine a 4-stall supercharger with 2 pull-through lanes where the lanes are not paired, but rather the stalls to the left or right of one another are paired. From a game theory perspective, the first guy who shows up at the empty supercharger is actually incentivized not to pull through to the first stall in a row. Because if he does, he will be the one who most certainly gets paired if a 2nd and 3rd Tesla show up (assuming the 2nd tesla pulls into the 2nd row and is smart enough not to pair with the 1st Tesla that plugged in.

Reactions: NKYTA and CharleyBC
And the two chargers in a line are not paired to one another in Bandon (don't recall the pairing setup at Mammoth). Really stupid design.

It's hard to describe in a post, but let's imagine a 4-stall supercharger with 2 pull-through lanes where the lanes are not paired, but rather the stalls to the left or right of one another are paired. From a game theory perspective, the first guy who shows up at the empty supercharger is actually incentivized not to pull through to the first stall in a row. Because if he does, he will be the one who most certainly gets paired if a 2nd and 3rd Tesla show up (assuming the 2nd tesla pulls into the 2nd row and is smart enough not to pair with the 1st Tesla that plugged in.
And pursuing the game theory a little further, one is now incentivized to go to a V3 station whenever possible and leave the V2 pairing to all those folks who don't know the difference or understand pairing.

I haven't witnessed people backing in to a pull-in stall. And Cottonwood is one of our new favorites. But if someone does back in, don't they pretty quickly realize the cable doesn't reach, and turn around?
Alas, from what I have seen, they just leave their cars with their noses sticking out into the driving lanes. At Cottonwood, there are (I recall) three pull-in slots to the east. The first guy backed into the middle stall and grabbed the cable from the stall to his left (as he was backed in.) Therefore, the last stall was unavailable if needed. When the second guy showed up about 5 minutes later, he backed into the stall to the right of the first guy, using the stall that should have been used by the middle guy had he pulled in. The second guy effectively blocked the last back-in stall from being used because the radius was too tight to pull forward and back in due to the second car that was charging.

So, by doing this those wrong-way folks can block extra stalls and make navigating the lanes more difficult. The time I was at Cottonwood turned a 12-stall configuration into a 9-stall configuration.

Reactions: CharleyBC
I chuckle when someone pairs with me unnecessarily. The only time I'm above 72kW is with ideal temperature and SOC, and it only lasts at most 10 minutes. :)
Yes indeedy.

During the warmer and the hot months, I can receive >75kW until around 30ish% with my dinosaur. Assuming that I plug in with ~12%, it takes about (like you said) about ten minutes to reach 30%. I would assume without doing a test that receiving 75% from the git-go would extend the session about 5-6 minutes.

It is very difficult to pull off a friendly sort of FYI without the other person thinking I am a condescending ass or a know-it-all. Suggestions like this are perceived often times as gratuitous. Accordingly, I clench my jaw and keep my mouth shut.

There was a mild kerfuffle on TMC about 18 months ago at the new site along Valley Blvd. in San Gabriel. It turned out that all the stalls were equally accessible from the east or the west. The site was designed to be accessed from the west to plug in. But many folks backed in from the opposite direction thereby thwarting the alignment for those who knew to use the west side to back in. Tesla did a poor job in signage, which made things worse. There were stories of raised voices and hot tempers when those "in the right" explained to "those in the wrong" that they were . . . wrong.

About all that I can say is that is can be a pain in to unplug, move your car, and then plug in again. Especially if the location is somewhat busy, you might find yourself shut out of a proper spot if one or two people arrive while you are fiddling around with the charging cable and moving your car.

I mentioned about 8 years ago that Tesla could give to new owners a laminated card that explains Supercharging. Perhaps have it affixed to the inside of the glove compartment door. I believe that now there is something buried on the touchscreen that explains Supercharging. Betcha no one bothers to examine these "tips and tricks" with any frequency if at all. The more stuff is buried on a computer screen, the more often it will be forgotten, ignored, or outright missed.

There was a mild kerfuffle on TMC about 18 months ago at the new site along Valley Blvd. in San Gabriel. It turned out that all the stalls were equally accessible from the east or the west. The site was designed to be accessed from the west to plug in. But many folks backed in from the opposite direction thereby thwarting the alignment for those who knew to use the west side to back in. Tesla did a poor job in signage, which made things worse.
We were at some location a few months ago (darned if I remember which) where the stalls appeared equally accessible from both sides, and I was momentarily uncertain since there were no other cars when we arrived. After parking on the correct side and getting out, I noticed that the "wrong" side of each charger had a sheet of plexiglas bolted onto it so you couldn't pull the cable out that way. Clever, if a bit kludgy.

Tesla could give to new owners a laminated card that explains Supercharging
Or print it inside the charge port door. Except the story changes, like V3 wasn't a thing when we got our car.

But then, reading anything, I've discovered, is more likely to be done by the diligent and skipped by those who need it most. By analogy, I remember a great sign at the start of a Grand Canyon trail warning about all the ways you can kill yourself. I watched. The people who stopped and read it were already wearing appropriate shoes and clothes, carrying plenty of water and so forth. They were looking for the one tidbit they might have missed. Meanwhile people in flip-flops with no water were blithely plowing on by.

Tesla could give to new owners a laminated card that explains Supercharging.
Being a destination charging partner, we get infrequent calls from folks asking about using our setup.
The other day I got a call from what I can only guess was a new owner. He indicated he was traveling through the area and wanted to know if we had any restrictions on using our chargers. I told him NO but then I asked why he was looking to use us instead of the Freeport supercharger, since he wasn't planning to stay overnight as a guest. He said the supercharger didn't come up on his map and I then explained possibly why it didn't. I also explained that the supercharger would take about 30 minutes while he'd be a couple hours with our L2's. This seemed to greatly excite and interest him. He ended the conversation by saying that he'd call back if he had any issues with the supercharger once he got there. So I suppose besides the B&B we're now part of supercharging support? :)

Being a destination charging partner, we get infrequent calls from folks asking about using our setup.
The other day I got a call from what I can only guess was a new owner. He indicated he was traveling through the area and wanted to know if we had any restrictions on using our chargers. I told him NO but then I asked why he was looking to use us instead of the Freeport supercharger, since he wasn't planning to stay overnight as a guest. He said the supercharger didn't come up on his map and I then explained possibly why it didn't. I also explained that the supercharger would take about 30 minutes while he'd be a couple hours with our L2's. This seemed to greatly excite and interest him. He ended the conversation by saying that he'd call back if he had any issues with the supercharger once he got there. So I suppose besides the B&B we're now part of supercharging support? :)
Well now I'm curious what the issue was...
Did he not have the triple lightning bolts selected? Or did he not put in his destinations in the nav? Did you share abetterrouteplanner with him?