Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alaska summary
Two new SCs
3 days
962 miles

I was fortunate to find a Tesla fan who rents on Turo to spread the EV word as opposed to the bulk who are just seeking to greedily take advantage of limited competition. Happy to share contact info to anyone interested in visiting the 49th state.

I think this might be the longest I’ve gone without visiting a new supercharger in the lower 48. None since I stated my intent to not circumambulate the country aimlessly, around New year’s. The challenge will be to not impulsively stray too far from the line on future trips to visit friends and family. 🤓

We actually are home and got to experience it from 33k feet at dawn. Spotted Buffalo Bill Reservoir and some local Rockies. (Sorry the photo insertion order is out of whack, another iPhone challenge, for me at least)

View attachment 1046616

Absolutely a fan of the Canadian Rockies, but it’s certainly a case of numbers lying. Colorado is rife with 14,000 footers, while the striking peaks around Banff are well under 4000.

Just learned that Denali is “taller” than Everest or any other mountain in the world, measured base to peak, while “only” measuring 20k feet in elevation. About a third of visitors get to see it due to it living in the clouds. From Talkeetna, you’re still about 120 miles away. As always, pictures (from an iPhone) don’t convey scale very well.

Here’s a cool example of that inadequacy from Prince William Sound. Saw a Bald Eagle struggling to get a ribcage out of the water for its young, presumably courtesy of a bear.
See if you can tell which is from a maximally zoomed iPhone vs courtesy of a photography amateur with some heavy glass shooting the same event.

View attachment 1046623

View attachment 1046620View attachment 1046624View attachment 1046625
Fantastic. Quite the road trip!

Reactions: Bighorn
Check-ins for 2024-05-12
- Mission, BC (#3033)
- Blaine - Boblett St, WA (#3034)
- Tacoma - S Hosmer St, WA (#3035)

I was the victim of an insanely ill-timed power outage at Manning Park.

Canada not cleared :-(
I'm sure I speak for lots of us when I say we really feel your disappointment. All that driving and hunting, yet ONE solitary site left in Canada that you could have hit if not for that power outage. Hopefully you get back before a new site opens in Quebec or somewhere.

Denali is a monster! Although I never quite got a good view of it in my 1-2 weeks up there. It definitely creates its own weather.

My best guess is the area where Yukon, Alaska, and BC meet is probably the most spectacular mountains on the continent, but it's pretty damn remote! You do get decent drive-by views on the Alaska Highway though. I would generally agree with @khorton that the Canadian Rockies are more stunning than the American Rockies, but obviously the American side is amazing as well. Mount Robson (BC) is my favorite of the Rocky Mountains. Not the tallest, but it just looks cool. Yellowstone is probably my favorite area in the Rockies, but it's not really about the mountains there. Another advantage of the American Rockies is that they are much more accessible on the southern end in places like Colorado and New Mexico. Many roads and trails are mostly snow-free for half the year so even amateur hikers and drivers can get deep into the mountains, which isn't really the case in much of the Canadian Rockies.
Here you go. From the train to Talkeetna last summer.
230721-121759-8257-9.jpg

Long day yesterday. It began early with a visit with friends who wanted to learn about Teslas and experience FSD. I hope to publish a video of them experiencing autonomy for the first time but need to find time to edit it and then get their approval. Then came a very long day of getting a few new superchargers but getting a lot of my need-to-revisit superchargers, including the hardest-to-get locations in the heart of Chicago. I hit Chicago after 6 pm on Mother's Day, and it was beautiful. It took over four hours to get to the eight locations, but I'm pleased because I didn't expect ever to get back to these given the difficulty of moving around the heart of Chicago.

592 miles
Check-ins for 2024-05-12
- Taylor, MI (#1571) (Comment: Meijer )
- Jackson, MI (#1572) (Comment: Meijer )
- Marshall - W Michigan Ave, MI (#1573) (Comment: Family Fare supermarket )
- Ann Arbor, MI (repeat)
- Livonia, MI (repeat)
- Roseville, MI (repeat)
- Auburn Hills, MI (repeat)
- Lansing, MI (repeat)
- Marshall, MI (repeat)
- Angola, IN (repeat)
- Mishawaka, IN (repeat)
- Chicago - South Canal Street, IL (repeat)
- Chicago - North Columbus Drive, IL (repeat)
- Chicago - North Halsted, IL (repeat)
- Chicago - North Broadway, IL (repeat)
- Skokie, IL (repeat)
- Glenview, IL (repeat)
- Rosemont, IL (repeat)
- Rolling Meadows, IL (repeat)
- Rockford, IL (repeat)

1715614408131.png

1715614470272.png

1715614319041.png

I'm sure I speak for lots of us when I say we really feel your disappointment. All that driving and hunting, yet ONE solitary site left in Canada that you could have hit if not for that power outage. Hopefully you get back before a new site opens in Quebec or somewhere.
I won't cross the border for one supercharger so I'll have to let it go. Definitely would have preferred that it were Blaine that didn't work!

I got no indication from the Nav that anything was amiss and when I pulled in and tried a stall from each cabinet to no avail, another driver returned to his car to unplug. He said that he had been charging and then the charging stopped unexpectedly so I guess the power outage was <10 minutes prior to my arrival. The resort had power, but they eventually explained that they were running on a generator and the EV charging units (not just a supercharger there) were on a separate transformer.

Being a Sunday afternoon with nice weather, there were Teslas and other EVs pulling in every couple minutes. I played Good Samaritan for a while assuring people that they would make it to Hope or Princeton (depending on direction of travel). Each of those superchargers was roughly 40 miles away and downhill so you only really needed 25-30 rated miles to make it. Most of the people were totally clueless of course. The lowest SOC remaining on any of the people I talked to was 50 rated miles. I told him to drive the speed limit just to be safe, but his gf was still very concerned.

The power outage ended up lasting about 6 hours. I told myself I would consider going back if it came back on in the Nav before I crossed the border (Tesla did eventually update the status to Temporary Closure while I was there helping people), but I was already back in Seattle before power was restored.

Here you go. From the train to Talkeetna last summer.
View attachment 1046724
My best guess is that smaller mountain on the left is about the size of Mount Rainier. Rainier is the most prominent and massive mountain in the lower 48 so that puts Denali in perspective. It's huge!!

I think I stopped and took pics from a similar location when I was up there in 2005, but it was at least 80% covered in clouds on the horizon. Could barely make it parts of the mountain through gaps in the clouds.

EDIT: Looks like the smaller mountain on the left is Mount Hunter which is nearly exactly the same elevation as Rainier. It's 162' higher, but the elevation of Talkeetna is about that much higher than the typical urban areas (Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia) that you would view Rainier from. And it's also a similar distance from Talkeetna to Hunter as it is from those urban areas to Rainier (about 50 miles). So this turns out to be a very good comparison and a good way to put Denali in perspective. It totally dwarfs a mountain like Rainier which is the most prominent mountain in the Lower 48. Crazy.

Last edited:
Check-ins for 2024-05-13
- Grimsby - S Service Rd, ON (#507)
- Grimsby, ON (#508)
- Niagara Falls, ON (#509)
- Fredonia, NY (#510)
- North Huntingdon - Ronda Ct, PA (#511)

We've been married for only six weeks so I suppose it is appropriate for newlyweds to visit Niagara Falls! My wife had never been there before and I was seventeen when I was there.
IMG_20240513_120800604.jpg

IMG_20240513_120402664.jpg

We lucked out with the weather since it started raining as we left. Had lovely weather in Pittsburgh for a dinner with my wife's nephew and his partner. Heading back to upstate New York today.

Plan to avoid all the big eastern metro areas. I find such places intimidating and no fun at all to visit. Toronto traffic was a nightmare (we avoided some of it with the 407 toll road bypass suggested by our friends).

Check-ins for 2024-05-14
- New Stanton, PA (#512)
- Altoona, PA (#513)
- State College, PA (#514)
- Bellefonte, PA (#515)
- Mill Hall, PA (#516)
- Trout Run, PA (#517)
- Mansfield, PA (#518)
- Erwin, NY (#519)

Enjoyed the drive through hills and forest on back roads. May visit the Corning Glass Museum tomorrow although I gather that it takes more than a day to really see most of it.

Check-ins for 2024-05-13
- Downingtown, PA (#1889)
- Exton, PA (#1890)
- Morgantown, PA (#1891)
- Pottstown, PA (#1892)
- Quakertown, PA (#1893)

Check-ins for 2024-05-14
- Easton, PA (#1894)
- Mt. Pocono, PA (#1895)
- Blakeslee, PA (#1896)
- Wilkes-Barre Township, PA (#1897)
- Kirkwood, NY (#1898)
- Hancock, NY (#1899)
- Monticello, NY (#1900)
- Matamoras, PA (#1901)
- Augusta, NJ (#1902)
- Allamuchy, NJ (#1903)
- Clark, NJ (#1904)
- North Brunswick Township, NJ (#1905)
- Edison - Route 1, NJ (#1906)
- South River, NJ (#1907)
- Perth Amboy, NJ (#1908)

Nice scenic drive today

Check-ins for 2024-05-13
- Downingtown, PA (#1889)
- Exton, PA (#1890)
- Morgantown, PA (#1891)
- Pottstown, PA (#1892)
- Quakertown, PA (#1893)

Check-ins for 2024-05-14
- Easton, PA (#1894)
- Mt. Pocono, PA (#1895)
- Blakeslee, PA (#1896)
- Wilkes-Barre Township, PA (#1897)
- Kirkwood, NY (#1898)
- Hancock, NY (#1899)
- Monticello, NY (#1900)
- Matamoras, PA (#1901)
- Augusta, NJ (#1902)
- Allamuchy, NJ (#1903)
- Clark, NJ (#1904)
- North Brunswick Township, NJ (#1905)
- Edison - Route 1, NJ (#1906)
- South River, NJ (#1907)
- Perth Amboy, NJ (#1908)

Nice scenic drive today
Congrats on the new badge!!

Many of you have provided nice write-ups and pictures of scenic highways and byways on your travels. I think the admins are trying to compile a list of such drives.

I am not much of a picture-taker, and when I travel I frequently do not want to stop and find a suitable place to pull off the road to snap some pictures. Then the whole drill of downloading from X to Y, labeling, finding, and posting is all too often a tedious task for me.

In that vein, I prepared a list from my decades of traversing all over California. I tried to be pithy yet describe what could be expected on these various roads. It is in narrative form (about my speed!)

Feel free to read at your leisure and if something seems of interest, I am always available to expound in further detail. With the current larger batteries and Supercharger density in some of the more remote locations, I think any of these roads are easily driven without worrying about running out of juice.

I hope this is informative and perhaps even helpful!

Attachments

• 20240515124207271.pdf
    729.6 KB · Views: 15