Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll grant you a reprieve. After doing some research, the juice doesn't seem to be worth the squeeze in terms of bagging the Mexico superchargers. Admittedly a lot of my research was reading your posts about your experience making the same trip, so if you were purposefully spreading FUD, you did a good job! <snip>

Lots of little logistical issues you have to get right. You need a special daily insurance for Mexico, and proof thereof, that ran over $40 a day. Baja is exempt I think to some of these provisos. You need a special vehicle permit on the front window which easily could have gotten Darren’s car confiscated for lacking it. There is also a time limited permit for each individual that costs depending on the duration. There’s a hefty deposit on the car that only gets refunded if you have the window permit properly removed on departure. Night driving is a no-no unless you need a place to sleep and you stay on the toll road. Dodging unlit trucks was enough to make me not repeat that approach. Never go off the toll road. Ignore any reroutes though plan to sit in hours long traffic stoppages. Truckers were very nice though. I don’t think I embellished my experience to dissuade anyone and had I not been shaken down, I might have been a wee more positive:)

@PLUS EV, the review that @Bighorn noted after his trip was, imho, dead-on accurate although I only ventured 200 miles in to the closest supercharger and then turned around and came back to the US so I can only attest to some of his info but the rest of it sounds legit but I'm sure you'll make it down there eventually.

Insurance on your vehicle in the US is not supported in Mexico and, from what I've heard, you might not even be allowed into the country without Mexican insurance. Bighorn and I both had this ahead of time but it is purchased on a per-day timeframe so having a delay like a flat tire and flatbed tow could delay the trip and then your insurance no longer covers beyond a 2nd day.

Nighttime travel was definitely sketchy but I was only in the last 30 minutes or so of nightfall but that was way more than enough for me. I was detained at a Checkpoint on the Toll road as they didn't see the sticker on the windshield that Bighorn talks about but I showed them my Mexican insurance papers and they let me pass but I was a bit worried for a few minutes if the car was going to be impounded and I got to figure out the next steps.

It was definitely an experience and I was happy to attempt it but definitely should have done a bit more prep work such as get way more Pesos ahead of time, learn some more basics of the language, and not wait until Noon before leaving Laredo for the run. I didn't have detours or traffic jams but didn't have any time to spare as it was.

Good luck to anyone heading down that way and feel free to ask or post questions here or on other location-specific threads for assistance and hopefully it can aid someone else in the future.

• Informative
Reactions: David99
@PLUS EV, the review that @Bighorn noted after his trip was, imho, dead-on accurate although I only ventured 200 miles in to the closest supercharger and then turned around and came back to the US so I can only attest to some of his info but the rest of it sounds legit but I'm sure you'll make it down there eventually.

Insurance on your vehicle in the US is not supported in Mexico and, from what I've heard, you might not even be allowed into the country without Mexican insurance. Bighorn and I both had this ahead of time but it is purchased on a per-day timeframe so having a delay like a flat tire and flatbed tow could delay the trip and then your insurance no longer covers beyond a 2nd day.

Nighttime travel was definitely sketchy but I was only in the last 30 minutes or so of nightfall but that was way more than enough for me. I was detained at a Checkpoint on the Toll road as they didn't see the sticker on the windshield that Bighorn talks about but I showed them my Mexican insurance papers and they let me pass but I was a bit worried for a few minutes if the car was going to be impounded and I got to figure out the next steps.

It was definitely an experience and I was happy to attempt it but definitely should have done a bit more prep work such as get way more Pesos ahead of time, learn some more basics of the language, and not wait until Noon before leaving Laredo for the run. I didn't have detours or traffic jams but didn't have any time to spare as it was.

Good luck to anyone heading down that way and feel free to ask or post questions here or on other location-specific threads for assistance and hopefully it can aid someone else in the future.
My day 1 was a detour off the main toll road you took down to Ramos Arizpe. You have no idea how bad that is until you see roads that are gridlocked and barely navigable with people going both ways around the round abouts and driving on soft shoulders, no connectivity and directions for turns to get back to the highway on roads that don’t exist. Reminded me of rural Cambodia. Pair that terror with not knowing how long your detour lasts and whether there’s enough in the tank. I had to pull over and get out my phone map which fortunately sometimes had connectivity.
The return trip was a piece of cake cruising at over 100 MPH with cars from the US on tarmac better than in TX. I learned the Spanish for toll road quickly and gladly parted with many pesos for the privilege. Primarily commercial drivers and Americans are able to afford the luxury.

FYI for the duplicate site folks:
National Harbor MD site has been sold and decommissioned, with new superchargers going into the parking garage that is directly across the street. Work's just started.
Make your plans now to come on back to the area and pick up another tick mark for an existing charger site :)
Well that one didn't last long. Barely over a year!

FYI for the duplicate site folks:
National Harbor MD site has been sold and decommissioned, with new superchargers going into the parking garage that is directly across the street. Work's just started.
Make your plans now to come on back to the area and pick up another tick mark for an existing charger site :)
Thanks - was just searching for clues as to if this would be eligible for a second count in the game. Was lucky enough to hit this site around Thanksgiving, knowing it was on the way out.

Got a little road trip going looking for some sun or warmth. I can’t add these to the Version 3 from my iPhone and have yet to figure the Wiki. Please add these when possible, or I can update the version 3 entries when I get home, thanks! (8 new)
Detroit Lake OR, 1/4/2019
Alameda CA, 1/5/2019
Fremont Factory CA, 1/6/2019
Salinas CA, 1/6/2019
San Luis Obispo CA,1/7/2019
Thousand Oaks East Blvd, 1/7/2019
Hawthorne SpaceX CA, 1/8/2019
Westminster CA 1/10/2019

Got a little road trip going looking for some sun or warmth. I can’t add these to the Version 3 from my iPhone and have yet to figure the Wiki. Please add these when possible, or I can update the version 3 entries when I get home, thanks! (8 new)
Detroit Lake OR, 1/4/2019
Alameda CA, 1/5/2019
Fremont Factory CA, 1/6/2019
Salinas CA, 1/6/2019
San Luis Obispo CA,1/7/2019
Thousand Oaks East Blvd, 1/7/2019
Hawthorne SpaceX CA, 1/8/2019
Westminster CA 1/10/2019

These have been updated, @TreborThickweb, and you are at 171 now