TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Superchargers Visited

Discussion in 'Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure' started by Wiki, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

7/7:
    Poncha Springs, CO
    Lone Tree, CO
    Colby, KS

7/8:
    Olathe, KS
    Mission, KS
    Kansas City, MO
    St Charles - Streets of St, Charles, MO
    Springfield, IL
    Normal, IL
    Champaigne, IL
    Zionsville, IN
    Indianapolis - Capital Ave, IN ($5 - no grace period!)

7/9:
    Cincinnati - Marburg Ave, OH
    Altoona, PA (our next stop in about 2 hours, but I have my computer out here)

spreadsheet updated

• Like x 2
  2. Darren S

Darren S Supporting Member

Re: Altoona ... I'll wave toward the Turnpike since you should be near da Burg right about now since I don't see ya on Glympse

3. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

Looks like @theflyer got it fixed. In the future, undo is your friend. :)

4. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

Can you hear me now? :)

• Funny x 2
  5. edigest

edigest Member

Many thanks! Sorry about the extra work. (@tes-s, noted re: undo)

6. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

Any word on why Polaris shows as closed on Nav?

7. NKYTA

NKYTA Member

Hope it wasn't because of another explosion. :(

8. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

Paving project—not really closed.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  9. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Pretty sure I got in and out of Indianapolis garage without paying. And this was a good thing because I took the wrong entrance to the garage, drove all the way up to the roof before realizing I was in the wrong spot, so I had to enter and exit the garage twice.

That is one thing about my recent trip. I was pleasantly surprised by all the grace periods in the pay garages. I can't remember exactly how many I charged at, but I think I was 100% on getting in and out without paying. The thread for one of the new superchargers in Philly said the grace period was only 5 minutes, so I got in and out of there real fast. The guy at the gate seemed surprised when it didn't ask me to pay. And the machine at the exit for the Bronx supercharger seemed to be malfunctioning so I had to push the button. Not sure what was going on there but they eventually just opened the gate for me, so not really sure if one could expect to get in and out of there for FREE in the future.

10. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Don't get your Model S stuck in the asphalt!

11. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

No, but bummed me out when I drove by. Didn’t make the 10 mile detour to see for myself.

12. Darren S

Darren S Supporting Member

Boooo. 10 miles out of, what, ~5,000? :p

Unless you already had that location then it's ok.

13. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

6000, and no I didn't have that location. More like an extra hour+ of time to go up there and perhaps come away empty-handed.

I think I got about 45 new chargers in the 6000 miles.

• Like x 2
  14. theflyer

theflyer Member

No worries. Glad we could get it figured out but then we always have Sheets' revision histories as a get-out-of-jail-free card if we need to revert.

15. Shesmyne2"

Shesmyne2" Member

• Funny x 3
  16. theflyer

theflyer Member

Just added a map for @ChadS and took the opportunity to tweak the leaderboard tab. I swapped rows and columns so it is easier to find your name. You can also sort the Y-axis alphabetically or numerically and both can be toggled between high to low/low to high.

Annotation 2019-07-09 232338.jpg

• Like x 1
  17. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

Saw this story. Perfect example of why you need to handle your business. Tow companies were overwhelmed, so folks with plug kits could be on their way much quicker.

@tes-s Ouch on Polaris. Most of the time with those limited service or closed messages, you can get a charge. Just rolled the dice on Arlington, VA and was successful despite a closure warning. Good I didn’t wait as the town proceeded to flood a few days later.

18. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

Yeah we got some serious rain around here yesterday. 3-6” in two hours. :eek:

19. Half Dollar Bill

Half Dollar Bill Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant, innkeeper

A few years ago on a drive in the wee hours of the morning through Connecticut on I-95 I come across a whole mess of cars pulled over to the side of the road with a few police and service vehicles as well. Wondering what happened and then it occurs to me to get way over in the passing lane because there was probably a spill causing a few flats. Luckily I didn't drive through any debris but yea, sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug.
    And to be clear, I still don't have a plug kit - don't be like me and listen to our well-traveled friend's warning.

20. DavidB

DavidB 2010 Roadster Sport || 2013 S85 || 2017 X100D

For what it is worth, I DO have Tesla's plug kit, and have never used it on the highway. Every time I've had a flat, there was damage such that the kit couldn't help. I have used the kit to inflate a low tire in my garage, however.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.