TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Superchargers Visited

Discussion in 'Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure' started by Wiki, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. DavidB

DavidB 2010 Roadster Sport || 2013 S85 || 2017 X100D

#5221 DavidB, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Just checked again today, and the supercharger is definitely on the nav's map (search for "Supercharger Ensenada" Edit: Apparently, you must have the map looking in the Ensenada area, or the search function won't find it!). It is up & running, as this poster has demonstrated:

• Informative x 2
  2. Hammer@OR.US

[email protected] What a long strange trip its been.

Tooele UT
    West Wendover NV
    Elko NV

Trip completed:
    10,141 Miles; 19 days; 9 concerts
    90 new Superchargers; less than what my goal was but having to keep a tight schedule to get to the shows made it necessary to shorten some legs. My schedule was also hampered by my car getting SC throttled by a software update mid trip. My peak is now 130kw but that only holds for a few seconds and the rest of of my charge is now down 10-20kw from where it was before with a more severe taper.
    Screenshot 2019-07-10 at 2.08.32 PM - Edited.png

• Like x 10
    • Love x 2
  3. Half Dollar Bill

Half Dollar Bill Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant, innkeeper

• Funny x 4
    • Love x 1
  4. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

Nice trip - missed you by a few hours in Poncha Springs on July 7, which was the first supercharger on our way home from Telluride.

@theflyer - could Tableau create a nice trip map simliar to @[email protected]? Instead of mapping visits for a particular year, if it mapped visits within a date range iI think it would show the trip. Not so much for the top 5, because their new supercharger map is probably sparse - but for mere mortals, it might work.

• Like x 2
  5. theflyer

theflyer Member

Yes but I'll need to learn a few new tricks. The thing I need to learn is how to allow you as the user define the date range.

• Like x 1
  6. Hammer@OR.US

[email protected] What a long strange trip its been.

May have been even closer than that, I left at 1:50pm

7. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

Yes, that would be a challenge. Also, I'm guessing you use the column that summarizes visits by year - not the actual visit date column.

8. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

We pulled in at 3:36. Coming through the pass, you can see we regenned the last 18 miles in to Ponch Springs. If we had left with a 10% buffer (25 miles on arrival), never would have made it since we would have hit 0 getting through the pass.
    2019-07-07 15.36.40.jpg 2019-07-07 15.39.12.jpg

• Like x 4
  9. theflyer

theflyer Member

I use the date column. Tableau dynamically calculates the sum based on your view.

• Like x 1
  10. theflyer

theflyer Member

An example where Glympse might have facilitated an unplanned meetup.

• Like x 2
  11. theflyer

theflyer Member

Okay, @tes-s. I can't draw lines between the dots but I modified @ChadS' map to enable the function I think you are after. Give it a try and let me know what you think. Go to his map and then follow the instructions below to narrow what you see on the map to a specified date range. This technique, if enabled on all maps, would allow a competitor to quickly set a date range for their recent trip, which would create a map of their new supercharger visits on that trip.

See only a trip.jpg

• Like x 1
  12. Shesmyne2"

Shesmyne2" Member

Bjorn’s done it again!
    Sheeet!

• Like x 2
  13. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Washington

Seattle - Union Street

• Informative x 1
  14. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

That is amazing!! For the most part, I have taken one trip a year (or two trips that were non-overlapping) so showing the visits for a particular year approximated this. By specifying the date ranges, this will show individual trips - awesome!

No need for the lines between chargers - the dots do a nice job showing the route.

• Like x 1
  15. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

Dang. I should have gotten it yesterday. ;)

16. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Are you in the area?

17. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Pshhh... using multiple drivers...

• Funny x 1
  18. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

Yep! Flew in yesterday, heading home on the 20th; staying up in Bellingham with family. I was eyeing up the Seattle Supercharger yesterday as I drove up I-5 in my father’s X... I guess I was tired from the flight and passed right on by, which is a bit out of character for me. I even tapped the pin to see how many people were charging (the answer is five).

We’ll be doing a counter-clockwise trip around the Cascade Loop next week, likely Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I was hoping Blaine would open on this trip, but it’s not looking very promising.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  19. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

7/11/19

Ohio

Polaris

20. Darren S

Darren S Supporting Member

Updated. +1 to 738 (but your signature is already updated to that count).

Paving is all complete and cured?

• Like x 1
Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.