Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nifty!

Today (6:17PM) I visited the Monroe, WA supercharger.

I've already plotted a weekend trip that'll net me 11 more Superchargers. After that I'll have picked all the low hanging fruit (all but 1 SC in Washington) and all of northern Oregon.
Updated. @tes-s can give you permission to edit your column so you can add your own entries if you like. If you do that, we still ask that you post your visits here as this serves as a sort of journal if we ever need to recreate anything.

Hey, it's been like what, a week or so without any announcement about a major enhancement?
You're slacking off ;)
Ya, you're right. Here's a new map for ya'll to play with. I've called it "Show your trip". It serves two purposes:
  1. It offers anyone without their own unique map the ability to see their visits on a map.
  2. It allows any competitor to show their stops over a defined date range. You can even select more than one competitor and see their visits overlaid on the same map.
Let's say you wanted to see @Bighorn's latest conquests. You'd go to "Show your trip" and deselect all competitors except Bighorn. Or maybe you want to see @benswing's swing through Texas.

Both are shown below as extracted from this map. Bighorn's shows new visits between 8/1/2019 and today. Benswing's shows his new visits between 6/14/2019 and 7/4/2019.

Pro-tip. Click the "All" option, then deselect "All", then use the little magnifying glass to type the first few characters of the competitor's handle to easily find and enable that map. Mouse over a location to get some additional details in the tooltip. Drag the date sliders or click on the begin or end date and manually enter a specific date.

bighorn this month.jpg
benswing texas.jpg

If you show you're serious about the game, we'll create a map for you too, which feeds the addiction nicely. "serious" is sticking to it over time and getting to something like 100 or more locations visited.
Thanks. I plan to visit all of the PA and MD chargers but save northern NJ, NY, CT for a 24 hour trip, hopefully this fall/winter. It looks like NYC is tricky because you have to valet the car any some locations. I'll have to plan out which ones are easily accessible and hit them late at night. I know JSergeant said you can charge for 5 min at each location but I'm assuming it can be as little as 1 min, as long as my Tesla Account shows a transaction for the charge.

Reactions: Big Earl
@PhillyGal, you mentioned the possibility of going to Texas. I went that way in February and really enjoyed the route. You could go to Austin and back. Austin has amazing food, the Lyndon B. Johnson presidential library and so much more.

In particular, on my route back, I went back roads from Grenada, MS -> Tupelo, MS -> Athens, AL, -> Manchester, TN, -> Cookeville, TN -> to London, KY. It was an amazing drive with great roads, great food, amazing history, and amazing scenery and no Interstates.

On the way down, you could go a little South and do Tail of the Dragon.

Heck, if you got lucky, you might even be able to divert down to Boca Chica and catch a Starhopper flight. SpaceX's McGregor testing facility is also along the route below. It is just a few miles west of Waco, Tx.

The proposed route below is about 3,600 miles and offers a lot of flexibility to add/remove supercharger visits as the trip evolves. Feeling good and up for a bit more driving, small diversions off this route can add a bunch more superchargers. Tired and need to move more quickly, skip some along the ay and go more direct.

View attachment 445757

View attachment 445758

Yes! Austin would be the reason. We usually fly there every year actually. My best girlfriend lives there and while hubs and I almost never go to any museums or the like, we did enjoy the LBJ library the visit before last. Agreed the food is amazing. Lots of "fast casual" which I love.

I’m looking at doing a very similar trip when the weather gets cooler. Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama are three of the five states I’ve yet to visit; North Dakota and Alaska being the other two.

I was hoping to be driving this weekend, but work has other plans for me. On the bright side, I’ve been building up some serious comp time at work lately, which should give me some nice flexibility next year.

We peeked into Arkansas and Mississippi on the best supercharger trips we've done, which was a tour of Jim Bean in KY and Jack Daniels in TN, plus overnights in Memphis, Nashville, and the Great Smokies.

Thanks. I plan to visit all of the PA and MD chargers but save northern NJ, NY, CT for a 24 hour trip, hopefully this fall/winter. It looks like NYC is tricky because you have to valet the car any some locations. I'll have to plan out which ones are easily accessible and hit them late at night. I know JSergeant said you can charge for 5 min at each location but I'm assuming it can be as little as 1 min, as long as my Tesla Account shows a transaction for the charge.
That's pretty serious. (•‿•)

The Manhattan and Brooklyn stops are all tricky. multiply whatever time you think you need by 2 and you'll definitely want to do them late at night or on the weekend.

Be prepared to spend lots of money because a number of them charge just to get in the door. Some also are not open 24 hours. The two in lower Manhattan are a total pain.

I think all four Manhattan locations are valet if I recall correctly. You have to convince them to take your car up and back down. I tipped them well for the trouble.

Regarding how to confirm, this is a friendly competition. Many of us take photos or use Tesla Fi. It really is on the honor system though. For the Manhattans stops, I actually had two phones with me and took a photo of my phone showing the Tesla app with the car charging while having something in the background showing where I was.

I’ve intentionally skipped the 4 Manhattan chargers on many occasions.

Personally, I think electrons flowing suffices, though I’ve heard one late entrant say they think 1 kWh is the metric. I haven’t read the rules, but I can’t imagine either of those would be disqualified.

Reactions: DavidB and smithg13
I’ve intentionally skipped the 4 Manhattan chargers on many occasions.

Personally, I think electrons flowing suffices, though I’ve heard one late entrant say they think 1 kWh is the metric. I haven’t read the rules, but I can’t imagine either of those would be disqualified.
I don't think there's any specific rule. My personal rule used to be 10 minutes, but I think I've bent that on a few occasions when I was running tight on time. I agree that electrons flowing should suffice.

I don't think there's any specific rule. My personal rule used to be 10 minutes, but I think I've bent that on a few occasions when I was running tight on time. I agree that electrons flowing should suffice.

Yeah, I relied upon that logic at Beech Grove, Indiana. I plugged in, received some current ramping up for about 20 seconds, then got the dreaded message that the car would not charge. Unplugged, moved, replugged, and the same thing happened. Between the two sessions, I maybe got 3/4kWh. A women who was charging kindly told me that some of the stalls were not working. Rather than test the remaining available stalls (I think there were three), I just moved to the downtown Indianapolis urban chargers to get what I needed.

I believe that a good faith effort to receive electrons and to receive them in truth is all that is necessary. With the current (pun intended) state of many locations being less than reliable, the rules should so state.

Yeah, I relied upon that logic at Beech Grove, Indiana. I plugged in, received some current ramping up for about 20 seconds, then got the dreaded message that the car would not charge. Unplugged, moved, replugged, and the same thing happened. Between the two sessions, I maybe got 3/4kWh. A women who was charging kindly told me that some of the stalls were not working. Rather than test the remaining available stalls (I think there were three), I just moved to the downtown Indianapolis urban chargers to get what I needed.

I believe that a good faith effort to receive electrons and to receive them in truth is all that is necessary. With the current (pun intended) state of many locations being less than reliable, the rules should so state.
The ring goes green.

Reactions: NKYTA and DavidB
As a newbie to the game I’ve learned from the Leaders;
1. There is a charge (aka green, electrons flowing) it counts.
I have the advantage of owning a 3 so I charge to at least the minimum amount-usually winds up being 5mi/.24+/-cents so it shows up on my account. I couldn’t imagine not having that for tracking . I sympathize with the original players that mostly counted on memory, and daily postings after an SC was gained.
And now we have the most wonderful map to track for all of us!
Thanks again for all the work I could not do.

Reactions: NKYTA
Making good progress decluttering the New SCs per day visualization. I found a way to exclude entries that were clearly artifacts of bulk dates. I've excluded everything down to 35 new in a day, which is @IT Geek's record.

I'm now starting to work on the noise in the 20-35 range. Having done several drives where I notched up 18+ in a day, I know how much work it is to get into this realm so most of these dots in this region cannot be real.

So, my first two questions are to @NKYTA and @PLUS EV.

PLUS EV, 11/30/2016 looks to be a coherent route but did you really do all of these on a single day?
Coralville, IA
West Des Moines, IA
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Peru, IL
Mishawaka, IN
London, KY
Worthington, MN
Big Timber, MT
Bozeman, MT
Butte, MT
Missoula, MT
Superior, MT
Cincinnati, OH
Grove City, OH
Macedonia, OH
Maumee, OH
Grants Pass, OR
Lincoln City, OR
Seaside, OR
Woodburn, OR
Mitchell, SD
Murdo, SD
Rapid City, SD
Chattanooga, TN
Knoxville, TN
Ellensburg, WA
Ritzville, WA
Gillette, WY
Sheridan, WY

PLUS EV Nov 30 2016.jpg

NKYTA

This too looks to be a coherent route that was bookended by travel on the dates before and after 5/27/2019. Can you confirm these were all done on a single day? If so, you are in second place with most new SCs in a single day at 32

Darien, CT (south)
Greenwich, CT (south)
Hartford, CT
Manchester, CT
Milford, CT (north)
Milford, CT (south)
Waterbury, CT
Claymont, DE
Boston - Boylston Street, MA
Boston - Richard B. Ross Way, MA
Cambridge, MA
Framingham, MA
Hadley, MA
Hudson, MA
Leominster, MA
Aberdeen, MD
Annapolis, MD
Baltimore, MD
National Harbor - Potomac Passage, MD
North East, MD
Burlington, NJ
Kearny, NJ
Marlton, NJ
North Brunswick, NJ
Paulsboro, NJ
Woodbridge, NJ
Philadelphia - City Center, PA
Philadelphia - North 20th St, PA
Arlington, VA
Fredericksburg, VA
Haymarket, VA
Springfield, VA

NKYTA May 27 2019.jpg

It looks like NYC is tricky because you have to valet the car any some locations. I'll have to plan out which ones are easily accessible and hit them late at night.

I'm one of the few nuts that have gone to all the valet spots on Manhattan and I can tell you that they are indeed a real pain. Best to save them for late in the evening on a weekend if you can. I was in town on a Sunday night when I went to them all. A couple are only open until midnight, so you can't take too much time or you'll miss those. In total, if you want to get all the chargers in the NYC area, you'll actually have to hit six valet spots. So bring extra cash with you as the parking gets expensive real fast. As I recall, one spot alone was about $40 and they didn't care how many minutes you were plugged in. I think you could rather easily spend $100 to hit them all...so allow that to inform your decision as well.

There are a couple other chargers in garages and lots where you park yourself. Some of them if you get in and out in less than 15 minutes you don't have to pay...at others you pay no matter what. The NYC area is just a very expensive place to play this game.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
I'm one of the few nuts that have gone to all the valet spots on Manhattan and I can tell you that they are indeed a real pain. Best to save them for late in the evening on a weekend if you can. I was in town on a Sunday night when I went to them all. A couple are only open until midnight, so you can't take too much time or you'll miss those. In total, if you want to get all the chargers in the NYC area, you'll actually have to hit six valet spots. So bring extra cash with you as the parking gets expensive real fast. As I recall, one spot alone was about $40 and they didn't care how many minutes you were plugged in. I think you could rather easily spend $100 to hit them all...so allow that to inform your decision as well.

There are a couple other chargers in garages and lots where you park yourself. Some of them if you get in and out in less than 15 minutes you don't have to pay...at others you pay no matter what. The NYC area is just a very expensive place to play this game.
The Brooklyn Target (Atlantic Ave) is 8 minutes because I had to pay when they weren’t even working, then I didn’t when they were!