Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Want to camp near the "Island in the Sky District" of Canyonlands with a 14-50 pedestal? Try Dead Horse Point State Park, with terrific views of the river far below.

And don't forget Cedar Breaks National Monument — at 10,000 feet it is cool in summer and not crowded.

Both Dead Horse Point and Ceder Breaks were an unexpected highlight on our Utah parks trip. Stayed at the Grand Lodge at Brian Head which has 2-80 amp connectors and was a very nice, very uncrowded, lodge right next to Cedar Breaks and reasonably close to Bryce (which Is one of my favorites).

Reactions: DavidB
Ambitious!! Our first trip to CA was before I knew about the game, and I must admit it was pleasant planning chargers based on destinations, not the other way around. When traveling with my wife (rather than alone), we still take a (mostly :) ) straight path.

You have plenty of time to plan. Consider front-loading the longer driving days, and having some "escape routes" if you decide it is becoming too much. It is a couple of years before PhillyBaby is going to remember anything.

Agreed on having some escape routes. I was thinking just drive and see where we land, and we can always turn back if it's taking too long. But that also seems a bit risky so who knows.

We're going to max you out at about 7200 miles given those constraints!

Just staying in the Northeast and Midwest (and maybe south to Florida) would probably be best in terms of getting the most chargers. If you go to the west coast, it would just be an out and back given the mileage constraint and that wouldn't give you much leeway to zig zag to catch more chargers.

I think 7200 will still probably be way too much. I'm leaning South to Florida or Texas but I'll have to get the hubs' vote too.

The Grand Canyon is overrated. The national parks in southern Utah are more interesting and less crowded (exception here might be Zion). But of course if you go to southern Utah, you are close to the Grand Canyon so don't let me stop you from visiting both! Also, if you do the southern Utah thing, you could visit the Grand Canyon's North Rim which is much less touristed.

Yosemite is nice, but too many Californians.

Yellowstone is an A+, but bear in mind that it is an extremely cold place. Even in late September you will need to dress warm.

Thanks for the input! We haven't been anywhere near either of them so it's more my better half want to see what we're missing. I think all of them are way too far for the time constraints we have.

Reactions: NKYTA and PLUS EV
Finally outta New Brunswick!.. to end up in Amherst Nova Scotia. Today is just an overnight stop before visiting the Joggins fossil cliffs and heading to St. Andrews tomorrow. My new Supercharger today: Aulac! I’ll probably be checking out a few of the under construction locations in the rest of New Brunswick tomorrow (Salisbury, Quispam, Baileyville, and maybe Woodstock in a few days)

@tes-s just note that I’ve changed my username from Mr. PlugShare to MarcoRP, if you can put change that on the chart maybe. Thanks!
B7CE6186-851A-4919-BA0D-E2CAAF50D49F.jpeg

Now that your data is in the spreadsheet, you can make a copy of your column along with the Supercharger names and plan your trip.

You have 109 open Superchargers which you haven't visited in these 7 states :

PA 12
CT 14
NJ 17
NY 37
MD 11
MA 17
RI 1
If you show you're serious about the game, we'll create a map for you too, which feeds the addiction nicely. "serious" is sticking to it over time and getting to something like 100 or more locations visited.

@JSergeant

Bighorn said:
I don’t doubt 32 new chargers in a day is a new record. It probably wouldn’t be too difficult to prove that it would be an impossible task for anyone playing in earnest since an earlier threshold date.
I think I got pretty close with my run from VA to Boston last trip, but I think it was only 30 with one amendment, and three amendments due to tiredness, but those were after the 24 hours expired when I finished the 36 hour run.

There is literally ;-) no place in the US or Canada where I could replicate that feat. And I’m clinging to sixth!

But...the goal wasn’t most SCs in 24hrs, it was to best the current hound/Houdini/Kirk on my heels for the 500 Club while he lounged in the CO hot springs, unsuspecting. ;)
A reminder that there is now a dynamic chart for seeing visits-per-day. It's a bit noisy because there are a lot of competitors who haven't provided actual dates for their visits. When we don't have actual dates, we have to guestimate and put clumps of them on a single date. We try for beginning/end of a month or beginning/end of a year. The best setting to winnow down the noise is to set "Count of Visit Date" to 15 on the low side and 35 on the high side. When you mouse over a dot, you'll see the date. We encourage everyone to scour data sources, like your nav, to get us actual dates.

Go directly to the graph here and a screenshot is below with settings set as described above and data as of now.

New SCs per day aug 24.png

Reactions: JSergeant
I particularly liked northern Wisconsin (away from the freeways) the countryside is just lovely.

New Hampshire and Maine were also highlights. A lot of why I live in Seattle I saw there. Topology. Mountains. Huge state parks. Cold mountain rivers. Cooler weather that invites outdoor pursuits. Frequent rains. Highly literate residents. If we had more time, more days up there would have been nice.

We focused our trip around sights, checking off the entries the kids made in our state spreadsheet. Some of their choices were busts (didn’t pay attention to hours/days of week open, too far out of the way, in N. Dakota, etc.) but because the kids had picked out things, we all had things to enjoy and look forward to. All the extra supercharger stops along the way were nice, more leg stretching, playing tag in the grass around them, and more humane than my more common cannonball run style of driving.

One thing that I think really helped was that on our trip, the departure and destination was home. Which meant, the journey was the destination.

@PhillyGal, you mentioned the possibility of going to Texas. I went that way in February and really enjoyed the route. You could go to Austin and back. Austin has amazing food, the Lyndon B. Johnson presidential library and so much more.

In particular, on my route back, I went back roads from Grenada, MS -> Tupelo, MS -> Athens, AL, -> Manchester, TN, -> Cookeville, TN -> to London, KY. It was an amazing drive with great roads, great food, amazing history, and amazing scenery and no Interstates.

On the way down, you could go a little South and do Tail of the Dragon.

Heck, if you got lucky, you might even be able to divert down to Boca Chica and catch a Starhopper flight. SpaceX's McGregor testing facility is also along the route below. It is just a few miles west of Waco, Tx.

The proposed route below is about 3,600 miles and offers a lot of flexibility to add/remove supercharger visits as the trip evolves. Feeling good and up for a bit more driving, small diversions off this route can add a bunch more superchargers. Tired and need to move more quickly, skip some along the ay and go more direct.

Golden Spike Route part 5.JPG

proposed route for phillygal.jpg

Reactions: NKYTA and Big Earl
@PhillyGal, you mentioned the possibility of going to Texas. I went that way in February and really enjoyed the route. You could go to Austin and back. Austin has amazing food, the Lyndon B. Johnson presidential library and so much more.

In particular, on my route back, I went back roads from Grenada, MS -> Tupelo, MS -> Athens, AL, -> Manchester, TN, -> Cookeville, TN -> to London, KY. It was an amazing drive with great roads, great food, amazing history, and amazing scenery and no Interstates.

On the way down, you could go a little South and do Tail of the Dragon.

Heck, if you got lucky, you might even be able to divert down to Boca Chica and catch a Starhopper flight. SpaceX's McGregor testing facility is also along the route below. It is just a few miles west of Waco, Tx.

The proposed route below is about 3,600 miles and offers a lot of flexibility to add/remove supercharger visits as the trip evolves. Feeling good and up for a bit more driving, small diversions off this route can add a bunch more superchargers. Tired and need to move more quickly, skip some along the ay and go more direct.

View attachment 445757

View attachment 445758

I’m looking at doing a very similar trip when the weather gets cooler. Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama are three of the five states I’ve yet to visit; North Dakota and Alaska being the other two.

I was hoping to be driving this weekend, but work has other plans for me. On the bright side, I’ve been building up some serious comp time at work lately, which should give me some nice flexibility next year.

3 SCs to report. Sheet updated.
Jackson, WY 8/22/2019
Idaho Falls, ID 8/22/2019
Pocatello, ID 8/23/2019

I did not charge enough to visit City of Rocks and then get to Twin Falls comfortably.
But I did make it. A State Trooper tailed me for a while on I-84, thinking something was amiss since I was driving below the speed limit but lost interest after a while. :)

This is how far $611 worth of supercharging in a Model 3 can get you.

View attachment 445402
Matt, I can't wait to do this trip in a couple of years. What do the colors mean on your map?

Welcome to the competition.
At the encouragement of @tes-s, I've created a Tableau map for you. Per our standard setup, any supercharger you've already visited is turned off. You can turn them on by clicking the year(s) on the right-side filters. The map defaults to showing you locations you've yet to visit and also includes locations under construction. The light grey plus symbols are locations with permits. Since it appears you are based out of the West, I focused the default map on that region of the country.
Please explore the filters on the right side of the page.
If you'd like any changes to your default map, don't hesitate to let me know.

Here is a direct link to your map. Some people bookmark this on their car's browser.
Update: Fixed the link to your map.

Reactions: matt_net_zero
This is how far $611 worth of supercharging in a Model 3 can get you.

View attachment 445402
What are all the non-supercharger waypoints in this pic? Other places you charged, places you stayed, places you visited?

In any case, you are most certainly in the top 10 for most new superchargers visited on one trip! I'm not sure we ever found the answer to who holds that title, but there are at least a couple of us with over 200.

Reactions: matt_net_zero
What are all the non-supercharger waypoints in this pic? Other places you charged, places you stayed, places you visited?

In any case, you are most certainly in the top 10 for most new superchargers visited on one trip! I'm not sure we ever found the answer to who holds that title, but there are at least a couple of us with over 200.

Each waypoint is somewhere we stopped. Most were superchargers, some were friends and family, and the rest were attractions, some found serendipitously along the way but mostly entries my two kids made on "the spreadsheet." The genesis of this trip was a spreadsheet with a row per state, and each of my kids got two columns and was tasked to search online to find attractions they wanted to see in each state. They both seemed fond of finding stuff on Atlas Obscura. Some states were easier to find attractions in than others.

Update: add link to the map of all waypoints.

Last edited: