Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I would just avoid large cities (other than driving through when necessary) and probably avoid the Northeast entirely. It's never been my favorite place to drive

To be honest, now is about the best time to drive here. I hadn't been on the roads for weeks and when I finally did was stunned to see I-95 being used as an actual highway rather than a parking lot.

I was just going to post here and see if anyone else was getting the itch :D

But now I see that many hit the road yesterday and I just wasn't getting notifications for this thread for whatever reason (seems to be a common problem).

Still haven't seen anyone attempt a truly long trip recently, but I'm starting to think about it. I think I would just avoid large cities (other than driving through when necessary) and probably avoid the Northeast entirely. It's never been my favorite place to drive and I can save it for when I need to go back to the Maritime provinces anyway. So something like WA-CO-TX-FL-VA-MI-MN-WA. Just a quick little jaunt across the country and back :) Of course I would bring my passport just in case, but I'm not expecting the border to open up to my kind of travel until June at the soonest, so that will probably have to wait.

I'm just getting started on my research and really have no clue how things like hotels are at this point in time. I suppose it will vary quite a bit from state to state. I have the unique ability to drive all day without interacting with anyone and I can survive on all sorts of different types of food (I suppose a cooler in the frunk may be a good investment at this time), but I really don't see myself sleeping in my car for more than a night or two here or there, so hotels are the one necessary evil that I will have to deal with.

Anyways, I'd appreciate any feedback with people who have stayed in hotels in the last couple months. My last hotel stay was early March and it was still business as usual, but a lot has changed since then!

Both trips @PLUS EV and @Big Earl sound exciting, I think the hotels are the riskiest part of trips these days, assuming you wear a clean mask around other people and sanitize everything. I think I have done one of the most recent longish trip to WY from CA, but I car camped with a memory foam mattress. I agree that if you aren't @Bighorn then 2 nights in a row is enough. I slept two nights for for 3-4 hours and I was ready for my bed. Bighorn suggests bringing warm wool socks if you do car camp in the winter, my model 3 seemed ok perhaps the S is colder in the back.

When I did my 5k last summer (CA-MN-CA) I didn't make reservations in advance because I wasn't sure how far we'd make it with the baby each day. We averaged 400 miles per day, some days we stretched it out. What worked great for me was using travelocity.com to book a hotel sometimes only 30 min before showing up, we stayed in a lot of Hampton Inns that are clean, newish, and had a pool and nice buffet. You'll skip the pool (hot tub) and breakfast will likely be just cold dry stuff, I don't know about coffee. I just ate at McD both mornings on my recent trip for convenience, I assume they will be cleaner than most places given the national scale and hopefully standards.

I had good luck ordering takeout while on the road last month, I used Yelp to find a good local place, called and placed an order. Everyone was really nice through UT and AZ.

Make sure to turn on Glympse if you can so we can follow along! Happy safe trails

• Informative
Reactions: NKYTA and PLUS EV
Both trips @PLUS EV and @Big Earl sound exciting, I think the hotels are the riskiest part of trips these days, assuming you wear a clean mask around other people and sanitize everything. I think I have done one of the most recent longish trip to WY from CA, but I car camped with a memory foam mattress. I agree that if you aren't @Bighorn then 2 nights in a row is enough. I slept two nights for for 3-4 hours and I was ready for my bed. Bighorn suggests bringing warm wool socks if you do car camp in the winter, my model 3 seemed ok perhaps the S is colder in the back.

When I did my 5k last summer (CA-MN-CA) I didn't make reservations in advance because I wasn't sure how far we'd make it with the baby each day. We averaged 400 miles per day, some days we stretched it out. What worked great for me was using travelocity.com to book a hotel sometimes only 30 min before showing up, we stayed in a lot of Hampton Inns that are clean, newish, and had a pool and nice buffet. You'll skip the pool (hot tub) and breakfast will likely be just cold dry stuff, I don't know about coffee. I just ate at McD both mornings on my recent trip for convenience, I assume they will be cleaner than most places given the national scale and hopefully standards.

I had good luck ordering takeout while on the road last month, I used Yelp to find a good local place, called and placed an order. Everyone was really nice through UT and AZ.

Make sure to turn on Glympse if you can so we can follow along! Happy safe trails
The 3 is colder at the trunk lid, in part because you’re more cramped, but you weren’t driving in sub-zero temps.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV and BM3B
What worked great for me was using travelocity.com to book a hotel sometimes only 30 min before showing up
I do this a lot, usually with Expedia, but I'm pretty sure most of those 3rd party sites are the same anyway. Night owls like me need to be sure to book before midnight. Or at least do a search before midnight if you want to see which places have rooms available and which don't. There actually used to be a trick with Expedia where you could set your VPN to a different time zone so you could book rooms after midnight, but they closed that loophole. Was always funny on the east coast when I would book a room at 2:55am (setting my VPN to San Francisco). Sometimes the person at the front desk would be incredulous as to how I booked the room :)

Another method of booking rooms that works GREAT in a Tesla is to put the car in Autopilot on the freeway and then give a voice command such as "Navigate to hotels, Grand Island, Nebraska." Then all the hotels in that city pop up on the map and you can easily see how close they are to the highway or even the supercharger. Then you can select the desired hotel, and call directly from the Nav (with your Bluetooth connected phone). This can be huge if you are in a situation where a lot of hotels are sold out and you need to make a lot of calls, or if they are just really expensive for some reason. Depending on my patience, I sometimes shop around or try to get them to come down in price (doesn't work as well as it used to with most places being corporate these days). If you have passengers, this might be an annoying process for them, but if you are travelling alone, it's a fairly easy way to book a room while on a long drive.

I had no problems driving in the mid-Atlantic and New England regions these past few weeks. Some hotels are obviously closed and others are very sparsely populated. I don’t think you’ll have any problems finding a place to stay, but overnights in rural areas are probably safer than urban areas (in terms of potential exposure).

I’ve been thinking about resurrecting the defunct Custer trip. I’d like to head out to Washington to visit my family while I’m still working remotely and I still have my hotel room booked in Custer. We’ll see if this comes together... if so, any interest in catching up in Custer?
I'd definitely be interested but for various reasons, my schedule will be pretty inflexible. Anyways, once I hit the road (if I do!), I'll have a much better idea of my schedule and I'll get in touch with you. Should be soon hopefully.

I'd definitely be interested but for various reasons, my schedule will be pretty inflexible. Anyways, once I hit the road (if I do!), I'll have a much better idea of my schedule and I'll get in touch with you. Should be soon hopefully.

Works for me. I’m not even sure if I’m going... fingers crossed.

The Bavarian Inn just canceled my reservation for the rally - I got the email today. They won’t be open until after May 22nd.

The owners are operating a property in town with four social-distancing-friendly or isolation-compliant bungalows. They’re geared toward travelers passing through the area, feature self check-in and get sanitized between bookings. www.eobungalows.com for anyone who might be traveling and need a safe stop-over.

Reactions: PLUS EV
I do this a lot, usually with Expedia
PSA, taking advantage of your post now that I'm "in the industry" - if you put any loyalty programs aside, the third parties are a fine place to get an idea about where you want to stay. Once you decide though, it's nicer to go right to the direct website and book. They might take a smaller cut from chains, but the aggregator sites take +15% off the top of any reservation booked through them. In the post-COVID world, that's gonna hurt.

PSA, taking advantage of your post now that I'm "in the industry" - if you put any loyalty programs aside, the third parties are a fine place to get an idea about where you want to stay. Once you decide though, it's nicer to go right to the direct website and book. They might take a smaller cut from chains, but the aggregator sites take +15% off the top of any reservation booked through them. In the post-COVID world, that's gonna hurt.
Fair enough. I usually do just call the hotel directly once I see a place I like on Expedia. And I usually get a price that's somewhat cheaper than Expedia with a AAA discount or something similar. So it's win-win for both of us.

OTOH, Expedia HQ is in my city so maybe I could justify it as feeding my local economy :D

I was just going to post here and see if anyone else was getting the itch :D

But now I see that many hit the road yesterday and I just wasn't getting notifications for this thread for whatever reason (seems to be a common problem).

Still haven't seen anyone attempt a truly long trip recently, but I'm starting to think about it. I think I would just avoid large cities (other than driving through when necessary) and probably avoid the Northeast entirely. It's never been my favorite place to drive and I can save it for when I need to go back to the Maritime provinces anyway. So something like WA-CO-TX-FL-VA-MI-MN-WA. Just a quick little jaunt across the country and back :) Of course I would bring my passport just in case, but I'm not expecting the border to open up to my kind of travel until June at the soonest, so that will probably have to wait.

I'm just getting started on my research and really have no clue how things like hotels are at this point in time. I suppose it will vary quite a bit from state to state. I have the unique ability to drive all day without interacting with anyone and I can survive on all sorts of different types of food (I suppose a cooler in the frunk may be a good investment at this time), but I really don't see myself sleeping in my car for more than a night or two here or there, so hotels are the one necessary evil that I will have to deal with.

Anyways, I'd appreciate any feedback with people who have stayed in hotels in the last couple months. My last hotel stay was early March and it was still business as usual, but a lot has changed since then!
Definitely getting the itch and only need four more superchargers to get to 500. Unfortunately, there ain't many new ones close. I'm considering a loop up to Grove City, PA over to Williamsport and back down to Lancaster, PA. That would get me to 500 exactly and could be done in a long day of driving. Google Maps is saying it is about a 740 mile loop.

upload_2020-5-6_14-25-3.png

Fair enough. I usually do just call the hotel directly once I see a place I like on Expedia. And I usually get a price that's somewhat cheaper than Expedia with a AAA discount or something similar. So it's win-win for both of us.

OTOH, Expedia HQ is in my city so maybe I could justify it as feeding my local economy :D
I've had the opposite experience in the past. One example: When I pulled into Price, UT, I thought I would do just as @Half Dollar Bill suggests. I went into the hotel lobby and enquired about getting a room. The price they gave me was over $60 more than on Priceline. They said there was nothing they could do. I went back out to my car and used Priceline for the hotel around the corner. Of course, my standard MO is to use tools like Priceline late at night just before I arrive, so maybe I'm getting bargain-basement rates to help fill open rooms when it is highly unlikely anyone else will show up.

That sunset that day was beautiful as smoke and haze from the nearby wildfires had this eery glow.

2vrsWgqjEvjcXkbUWjHexSxZVpbxCWg_vyRzYHWwf-xSlHRpgCByOee4Pb1zn059-90OG7ZObGH8YyGVnsYX6zOxuz2LNkja8eOqo8NlTO6smDC6W-1U4lMcTYjOz9Ke5ZlqhvSvGdZY1aullaxCJkr9vDguT2DWXIOhIT7GFJ-wuMb7NJSQ0VrYsU7zEpN8Px84hkFovjAXZPNicctxafw2_ulbQRdtptQkF7u1voasS8JHXRqWDhl9Xfe7G-Kwj5_10xxoxamLq4NWEsQygUHewBM1hZPjVLISuIViuV5bIv4p3wXLXcmLGcxDSLzbDaQj6UIhrfvonsd8WyYn0EL3Cwu8Y_SYI0G1DsJUT0kY5pM8PUi1CXMvUSvi36Lr9HY7PefRbcOqMvQArsE8qSGbghaS0ZR6xwVRph2ldxAKNj4ly7K7oBFKkeRje7hUJzsh-EV7WxrCftmJD1nlLHC_y-A903wenqi0dZHRk5rvYDDjCMYmiPsM89kg1X51opOd9AnetMPQqXhg2XkZ00eiiWoR5gdt6I_x5apOS21C3tVIT98R8e5AaCGfThgDM_tF-NhaJteh_vHgtI1khWHbp2HETbYe-cVuX-m5nAa0iJNoSw9X93nb4h4GCfim1gtnT_d9Q3iQA-ld9Z2G0IewdHHYiOpF6iNvmc3DNa9oqrmg6nWlpSiYHSVsqQM=w2200-h1234-no

• Informative
Reactions: NKYTA
Definitely getting the itch and only need four more superchargers to get to 500. Unfortunately, there ain't many new ones close. I'm considering a loop up to Grove City, PA over to Williamsport and back down to Lancaster, PA. That would get me to 500 exactly and could be done in a long day of driving. Google Maps is saying it is about a 740 mile loop.

View attachment 539249

Same situation I was in ... very few chargers close to home. My loop for 7 new chargers ended up being 705 miles and I did it in about 12 hours and 40 minutes. Supercharge.info was, again, right on the money with their time estimate (+/- 15 minutes).

Same situation I was in ... very few chargers close to home. My loop for 7 new chargers ended up being 705 miles and I did it in about 12 hours and 40 minutes. Supercharge.info was, again, right on the money with their time estimate (+/- 15 minutes).
My weekend 4 supercharger route was 499 miles and 10 hours.

Reactions: Big Earl

View attachment 539249

Congratulations on hitting the 500 Club!!!
I have driven various parts of PA, and there are a lot of mountains, along with some tunnels.

Minus the mountains, 740 miles is probably doable in one day.

With all the mountains, it will be a very llooonngg day.

I've had the opposite experience in the past. One example: When I pulled into Price, UT, I thought I would do just as @Half Dollar Bill suggests. I went into the hotel lobby and enquired about getting a room. The price they gave me was over $60 more than on Priceline. They said there was nothing they could do. I went back out to my car and used Priceline for the hotel around the corner. Of course, my standard MO is to use tools like Priceline late at night just before I arrive, so maybe I'm getting bargain-basement rates to help fill open rooms when it is highly unlikely anyone else will show up.

That sunset that day was beautiful as smoke and haze from the nearby wildfires had this eery glow.

2vrsWgqjEvjcXkbUWjHexSxZVpbxCWg_vyRzYHWwf-xSlHRpgCByOee4Pb1zn059-90OG7ZObGH8YyGVnsYX6zOxuz2LNkja8eOqo8NlTO6smDC6W-1U4lMcTYjOz9Ke5ZlqhvSvGdZY1aullaxCJkr9vDguT2DWXIOhIT7GFJ-wuMb7NJSQ0VrYsU7zEpN8Px84hkFovjAXZPNicctxafw2_ulbQRdtptQkF7u1voasS8JHXRqWDhl9Xfe7G-Kwj5_10xxoxamLq4NWEsQygUHewBM1hZPjVLISuIViuV5bIv4p3wXLXcmLGcxDSLzbDaQj6UIhrfvonsd8WyYn0EL3Cwu8Y_SYI0G1DsJUT0kY5pM8PUi1CXMvUSvi36Lr9HY7PefRbcOqMvQArsE8qSGbghaS0ZR6xwVRph2ldxAKNj4ly7K7oBFKkeRje7hUJzsh-EV7WxrCftmJD1nlLHC_y-A903wenqi0dZHRk5rvYDDjCMYmiPsM89kg1X51opOd9AnetMPQqXhg2XkZ00eiiWoR5gdt6I_x5apOS21C3tVIT98R8e5AaCGfThgDM_tF-NhaJteh_vHgtI1khWHbp2HETbYe-cVuX-m5nAa0iJNoSw9X93nb4h4GCfim1gtnT_d9Q3iQA-ld9Z2G0IewdHHYiOpF6iNvmc3DNa9oqrmg6nWlpSiYHSVsqQM=w2200-h1234-no

Frederick, MD; Lancaster, PA; Maple Shade, NJ; Staten Island, NY = 525 miles and under 10 hours. Traffic is pretty light on the NJTP these days, too.

You could go all the way up into CT for a couple hundred extra miles and more than double the number of Superchargers.

Last edited:
Frederick, MD; Lancaster, PA; Maple Shade, NJ; Staten Island, NY = 525 miles and under 10 hours. Traffic is pretty light on the NJTP these days, too.

Add Boonton, NJ; Middletown, NY; Newburgh, NY; New Rochelle, NY and Flushing, NY to bring the total to 750 miles and 14-15 hours. ;)
Looked at that several times but haven't wanted to venture into NJ or NYC area.

Congratulations on hitting the 500 Club!!!
I have driven various parts of PA, and there are a lot of mountains, along with some tunnels.

Minus the mountains, 740 miles is probably doable in one day.

With all the mountains, it will be a very llooonngg day.
Ya, a rough estimate of the whole route by Google Maps puts it at slightly under 18 hours without charging.

I love driving in PA. It is so beautiful. For me, the far bigger nuisance is the PA Turnpike. I usually avoid it but trying to do that route in a day while also avoiding the PA Turnpike is not a recipe for success. On the other hand, Google Maps, says it would only be an extra 15 minutes to use US22 rather than the turnpike.

upload_2020-5-6_15-23-27.png

Reactions: DavidB
I have the itch for several weeks now.
I worry about getting infected, and worry even more that I would infect others.
I think/believe I will be careful and avoid any dangerous behaviors.

But then I read about other 'smart' people who all think they are being careful and avoiding dangers - very little of which appears rational.
So, I worry that my desire is overwhelming my logical brain - we all know about 'motivated' reasoning.

Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to be sick in a far off place, and trying to explain to the medics treating you what you were doing so far away from home? In the middle of a pandemic? Not a responsible civic thing to do.

Naah!
I am just being my usual timid self.
Not rational at all.

Am I?