Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is The RosieHeart. Google Maps
View attachment 570133

I know about The RosieHeart. He was Wayne Barnes and his wife was Rosalie (Rosie). They were married for over 50 years. He cleared some land on his ranch in New Zealand and planted The RosieHeart to show his love for her. He was in my high school class and he contacted me after our 50th reunion in 2015. My Avatar here is the same picture I used for my "now" picture for the reunion. He could not attend but he saw the picture and wanted to know about my Tesla as he was considering buying one. He stopped to visit me the next time he was in the US. He drove my Model S and was enthralled with it. He bought a Model X to use in the US and loved it so much he bought a 2nd Model X to use in New Zealand. He loved to promote Tesla and talked it up wherever he went, especially encouraging hotels to install destination chargers. I remember him telling me about meeting a man traveling in a Tesla with his dog (Bighorn). We were in a "private competition" for the most superchargers visited and he was ahead of me until he was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. The last time I saw him he was still collecting superchargers in the US but he got so sick he had to make an emergency trip back to New Zealand for treatment. I helped him sell his US Model X and there probably was a list of superchargers in it from the last 1/2 of 2018 and 1st 1/2 of 2019 that he had not listed yet. He was not good at updating the spreadsheet or posting to the forum so I did it for him most of the time. He died on August 12, 2019. Rosie is driving the New Zealand Model X. Even though I barely knew him in high school and had not seen him for 50 years, we became close friends in his last 4 years. I miss him.

View attachment 570134
Wayne Barnes getting his US Model X out of storage 03/15/2018

View attachment 570135
Wayne & Rosie Barnes at a Tesla event in New Zealand 02/23/2017
Nice story, Ed!

I too have a kiwi friend with a Model X. He bought it in large part due to my fanaticism. He loves the car, but he's stuck on 8 superchargers, so he isn't much of a threat :)

View attachment 570133

I know about The RosieHeart. He was Wayne Barnes and his wife was Rosalie (Rosie). They were married for over 50 years. He cleared some land on his ranch in New Zealand and planted The RosieHeart to show his love for her. He was in my high school class and he contacted me after our 50th reunion in 2015. My Avatar here is the same picture I used for my "now" picture for the reunion. He could not attend but he saw the picture and wanted to know about my Tesla as he was considering buying one. He stopped to visit me the next time he was in the US. He drove my Model S and was enthralled with it. He bought a Model X to use in the US and loved it so much he bought a 2nd Model X to use in New Zealand. He loved to promote Tesla and talked it up wherever he went, especially encouraging hotels to install destination chargers. I remember him telling me about meeting a man traveling in a Tesla with his dog (Bighorn). We were in a "private competition" for the most superchargers visited and he was ahead of me until he was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. The last time I saw him he was still collecting superchargers in the US but he got so sick he had to make an emergency trip back to New Zealand for treatment. I helped him sell his US Model X and there probably was a list of superchargers in it from the last 1/2 of 2018 and 1st 1/2 of 2019 that he had not listed yet. He was not good at updating the spreadsheet or posting to the forum so I did it for him most of the time. He died on August 12, 2019. Rosie is driving the New Zealand Model X. Even though I barely knew him in high school and had not seen him for 50 years, we became close friends in his last 4 years. I miss him.

View attachment 570134

View attachment 570135
Thank you for sharing the beautiful and touching story about Wayne, his wife of 50 years, love for Tesla, and how your friendship was made. The photos are really cool. I am very sorry to hear that he passed away last year, cancer sucks. These kinds of special stories are one of the reasons I play this game, to learn, meet other nice people, and have fun out there on the road. I am sure he is smiling somewhere with you honoring and remembering him. Be well!

Had a weekend trip that ended up going a bit longer than expected but added a fair amount of new Superchargers this weekend!
Went from my home in Mesa, AZ to Buttonwillow Raceway Park via San Diego, CA and then spent a couple days in Sherman Oaks, CA since a friend from Minneapolis was in town visiting. The Unplugged Performance team had their Model 3 Performance out at TeslaCorsa 9 at Buttonwillow - this black Model 3 Performance was delivered and completely stock a week ago and now has their entire Ascension-R package and will be taking on Pikes Peak International Hill Climb with legendary Randy Pobst behind the wheel.

Here are the Superchargers I added with dates and a few pics from this weekend:
  1. Yuma, AZ (7/24/20)
  2. El Centro, CA (7/24/20)
  3. San Diego, CA - Friars Rd (7/24/20)
  4. San Diego, CA - Del Mar Heights Rd (7/24/20)
  5. San Clemente, CA (7/24/20)
  6. San Juan Capistrano, CA (7/24/20)
  7. Mission Viego, CA (7/24/20)
  8. Santa Ana, CA (7/24/20)
  9. Buena Park, CA - Beach Blvd (7/24/20)
  10. Downey, CA - Lakewood Blvd (7/24/20)
  11. Anaheim, CA - Roosevelt Rd (7/27/20)
  12. Riverside, CA - 9th St (7/27/20)
  13. Riverside, CA - Canyon Springs Parkway (7/27/20)
  14. Beaumont, CA (7/27/20)
  15. Palm Springs, CA (7/27/20)
  16. Ranch Mirage, CA (7/27/20)

6FF3FB00-34F5-4AC1-983A-9326651AE933.jpeg
A3A60377-28A5-4484-85AF-39E0AF198813.jpeg
475604DB-D952-46D4-AECA-5989EBECF25B.jpeg
5C1F274E-5B45-471A-AC21-7F7B349F2E03.jpeg
A2A9D1FF-3976-4F02-BC0F-5F0390B8208C.jpeg
2A64E130-CB79-490E-B28B-78A1775A3C9F.jpeg
CF77A913-B024-49D4-A593-07176B69D927.jpeg
5D0A959A-8A3E-4362-AC25-ECFF02E3FCC2.jpeg

View attachment 570133

View attachment 570134

View attachment 570135
So sorry to hear of his passing. Thanks for the update. We’d had two long conversations, the first at an extended service visit in Salt Lake City and then probably a year later charging at the new Burbank, CA location. He had many contacts in the upper echelons of the NZ government and was encouraging me to get citizenship with his help. I had told him how I’d planned to emigrate to NZ early in my career after having done a medical clerkship in Dunedin, but that the bureaucracy had defeated my will to pursue it. Coincidentally, I was just reading yesterday of the financial requirements to move there and it has risen to several million dollars.
Sad that this larger than life Kiwi had such an unfortunate conclusion to his ambitious journey. Thanks again for filling us in with such a personal tribute.

So sorry to hear of his passing. Thanks for the update. We’d had two long conversations, the first at an extended service visit in Salt Lake City and then probably a year later charging at the new Burbank, CA location. He had many contacts in the upper echelons of the NZ government and was encouraging me to get citizenship with his help. I had told him how I’d planned to emigrate to NZ early in my career after having done a medical clerkship in Dunedin, but that the bureaucracy had defeated my will to pursue it. Coincidentally, I was just reading yesterday of the financial requirements to move there and it has risen to several million dollars.
Sad that this larger than life Kiwi had such an unfortunate conclusion to his ambitious journey. Thanks again for filling us in with such a personal tribute.
It would be a difficult but fun and meaningful detective project to try to find the list of unreported superchargers that Wayne visited. Then we could bump up his total over 200 I figure in memoriam. @AzEd do you know who bought it? Tesla logs should have it but no hope of getting those.

'The sun has riz the sun has set
And we ain't out of Texas yet'
I've had that experience flying my Cessna across the country back in '95. That is officially a Big ****ing State. Made it to Odessa from Texarkana in one SOLID day of flying.

Not enough cockpit heat in a 60's Cessna, I was in full ski outfit. Much prefer my Tesla.
Hey, that's the same era when I took my Internet Avatar picture. The other picture is them trying to de-ice my plane the next day only to discover their equipment froze solid during the night.

Attachments

• PLANE TRIP_00004.png
    PLANE TRIP_00004.png
    354.5 KB · Views: 46
  • PLANE TRIP_00008.png
    PLANE TRIP_00008.png
    303.3 KB · Views: 38
This is how far I got in the first two weeks of my trip. Didn't pick up many new Superchargers because it's a route I used to traveled before. I'm grounded right now. Car is at the service center in Dallas (longer story). Does it count if I use the loaner car for new superchargers?

View attachment 570310
Yes as long as you drive at least 51% of the route in a Tesla and get the green light you can count it.

Sorry to hear you are grounded, I am interested what happened? Hopefully not the battery or drivetrain. Best wishes getting your car back.

This is how far I got in the first two weeks of my trip. Didn't pick up many new Superchargers because it's a route I used to traveled before. I'm grounded right now. Car is at the service center in Dallas (longer story). Does it count if I use the loaner car for new superchargers?

View attachment 570310
Did you hit a giant tumbleweed? That almost took me out and gave me my first dent. Figure 3 days to cover Texas, as a general rule.

Nothing happened on the trip to the car. I had some suspension work done back in California, paid a lot for it but they didn't do a good job on the alignment. Brand new tires were worn out after only 10k miles and conservative driving. So I went back, they swapped even more parts out, paid even more, now the car isn't stable and the steering feels lose. I had to go on the trip, though because of many work commitments on the way. Now here in Dallas have a few days so I made another appointment and hopefully they can finally fix it. Kind of lost trust in Tesla's service technicians. I have a lot of work on the computer to do so I will just sit in my hotel and order food LOL

• Informative
Reactions: BM3B
Figure 3 days to cover Texas, as a general rule.
I want a good app for dumping a ton of locations in and having it figure the fastest way to touch all those points:
Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 4.04.41 PM.png

Texas may take three different trips thru to hit up all the stations. If it's anything like California by the time I finish touching every station there will be new ones on the other side of the state.

I know I can plan with ABetterRoutePlanner or PlugShare, but it won't optimize my drive. I can use Mapquest to plan a route of 26 or less stops. I can use RoadTrippers, but they started asking for money, dang, that was such a good way to do it.

View attachment 570133

View attachment 570134

View attachment 570135
I looked up Wayne's last recorded supercharge and it was in San Francisco in September 2018. I also found a few links on Wayne. He and Rosie had a house on the Big Island of Hawaii and lived there before moving to NZ. Here is a fun picture, may he rest in peace.
Barnplans [Photo Gallery]
barnes09.jpg